+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

SHALOM8180

Dec 18, 2012
osun said:
I was asked to provide additional evidence august 22,2013 to proof the genuine of our marriage within 30days.I provided what they requested send it back to them in Accra which they received sept 10,2013. and my wife got a phone call 3days after from the visa officer asking when last i visited nigeria up till now ,i have not received any response from cic.They initially told me in the letter that,they will make decision in 30days.I went to MP this week,He made some call and told that the decision has not been made that is awaiting.MP told me that once some one receive that kind of letter,which means his application will be refuse again.He said,the letter is called last chance letter.MP advice me to get ready for appeal.I told him i reject it in jesus name.He started laughing and told me that miracle does not work on Visa officers body.Does ANYBODY received this kind of letter and get approval?I am so worried.WHY wouldn't they make the decision the they told me in 30days.Does it means they have refused and have not updated their system -data.
listen, my husband got the same letter and as well many others here on the forum, and we looked for the additional docs which they had requested, and we waited ,while praying, for almost 3weeks before I decided to inquire from them what was taking long in regard to our file, I sent them an email, of which they replied in two days time, approving our visa.
so chill, and don't get worked up for nothing,why don't you send them an email to inquire whats going on..

Franck59

Sep 11, 2013
application status .Application received date date,we sent u a mail date,consider delay b4 contacting us.This was the AOR.
Hi Osun,
how about your wife application status? Is it in Progress?

ama1978

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looking for some advice please. I am currently filling out the application for my hubby. He has a dependent that will not be coming with us this time as he is with mom. But I am curious as to whether or not they will ask for a DNA test now or only if and when he comes. Would it be beneficial to go ahead and get it done now? We are trying to avoid unnecessary delays. Also, where does one go to get the DNA tests done via immigration purposes in Accra? Thanks!

osun

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Hi amar 1978,

Cic will not ask for DNA if they are not accompany your hubby.Y dont you include them now?

eskaylong

Oct 9, 2013
eskaylong said:
Yeah let's keep our fingesr crossed ....I did not check but last time I did its yet to be updated....
I finally got my passport n documentations ystd thanks for the knowlege shared on here may God grant all our heart desires n take us to the promised land!
Shalom!

BEKK_1

Sep 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
02-02-2012
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
File Transfer...
03-10-2012
Med's Request
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Interview........
Med. Received 27-09-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
eskaylong said:
I finally got my passport n documentations ystd thanks for the knowlege shared on here may God grant all our heart desires n take us to the promised land!
Shalom!
Thank God!
Still awaiting mail from Accra, that our passports are ready for picking up...... :mad:

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Hi Everyone

We got an email from Accra asking for meds. We have already sent meds, and online it says "meds received". The meds were done in October 2012. My guess is they are asking for new meds as these have expired? I believe meds are only good for one year? I am asking because on the email all they do is request for meds, they do say because yours are expired.

We are having this treated in Accra, because although my husband is born in NIger (which we would have to send the papers to Dakar) he also has Benin citizenship, which for Benin you send to Accra your papers. Last time we had the meds done, the doctor in Niger insisted to send to Dakar, but ended up sending the results to Mississaugua because he did not want to send them to Accra. Does it make a difference where the results are sent? I called CIC and this rather rude service agent told me it doesn't matter because they all get scanned into one system...BUt he did not seem very knowledgeable....

Lastly, when they ask for meds, is this because the processing is done? Usually they ask for the meds at the end of the cycle I think? And I assume if they ask for the meds it is because they are going to give my husband the visa otherwise why would they ask?

Sorry for the long winded email but I need some help please! :'(

Franck59

Sep 11, 2013
Hi Everyone

We got an email from Accra asking for meds. We have already sent meds, and online it says "meds received". The meds were done in October 2012. My guess is they are asking for new meds as these have expired? I believe meds are only good for one year? I am asking because on the email all they do is request for meds, they do say because yours are expired.

We are having this treated in Accra, because although my husband is born in NIger (which we would have to send the papers to Dakar) he also has Benin citizenship, which for Benin you send to Accra your papers. Last time we had the meds done, the doctor in Niger insisted to send to Dakar, but ended up sending the results to Mississaugua because he did not want to send them to Accra. Does it make a difference where the results are sent? I called CIC and this rather rude service agent told me it doesn't matter because they all get scanned into one system...BUt he did not seem very knowledgeable....

Lastly, when they ask for meds, is this because the processing is done? Usually they ask for the meds at the end of the cycle I think? And I assume if they ask for the meds it is because they are going to give my husband the visa otherwise why would they ask?

Sorry for the long winded email but I need some help please! Cry
It's definitely a good news. I hope you will get you PR mid November. Don't waste time. Ask your husband to do it and fax it to CHC.
Lord will assist you.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Franck59 said:
It's definitely a good news. I hope you will get you PR mid November. Don't waste time. Ask your husband to do it and fax it to CHC.
Lord will assist you.
Really? You think soo? Man I hope you're right! You mean CIC right?
Doesn't the doctor send the results?

osun

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Franck59,

Receiving a mail to do medical does not guarantee positive or -ve outcome of the application.It is a standard which every applicant have do wherether it is positive or negative.The visa officer must make sure that your medicals are valid before any decision.Just pray to God.wish u good luck

osun

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
osun said:
Franck59,

Receiving a mail to do medical does not guarantee positive or -ve outcome of the application.It is a standard which every applicant have do wherether it is positive or negative.The visa officer must make sure that your medicals are valid before any decision.Just pray to God.wish u good luck

osun
When the visa office requested for redo medical means it is 100% that the visa will be issued. They ask her a new medical so that will give her enough time to make her travelling arrangement for landing. If the medical expires in October they will ask for a new medical so there wouldn't be any rush to travel to Canada. If there was a problem with the application they wouldn't ask for new medical cos they know it is very expensive to pay for the medical therefore the new medical request means the case is almost over unless she failed the medical otherwise it is a positive result.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
bbccanada said:
When the visa office requested for redo medical means it is 100% that the visa will be issued. They ask her a new medical so that will give her enough time to make her travelling arrangement for landing. If the medical expires in October they will ask for a new medical so there wouldn't be any rush to travel to Canada. If there was a problem with the application they wouldn't ask for new medical cos they know it is very expensive to pay for the medical therefore the new medical request means the case is almost over unless she failed the medical otherwise it is a positive result.
I think that they wouldn't ask for meds if we were getting refused just because it wouldn't make sens to makes us do something for nothing. Thank you very much for your support! Hopefully we'll get some good news soon!

Franck59

Sep 11, 2013
Agree 100%