upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Monalizy said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm so shocked and happy for you Mrs !!! It took like 3months for your processing ? My God you are so lucky.

I was told to pay RPRF since Nov,which i paid immediately but till now i have not heard anything from them. anyway i gave up on them and left Canada since January and i intend spending 3 months with my husband, i dont give 2 flying-rat-ass about staying outside Canada for so long if you are a PR and you have application in progress. i could not spend the Xmas with my husband because i thot by now everything will be over but it isn't. So i don't care if they take eternity but they should not use the processing to stop me from spend few days with my husband.

BTW, my husband's medical is going to expire next month, just wanna know if he didn't get a response from them before then, are they going to ask for Re-medical ?

I am in the same boat with you Monalizy, since my wife's interview in November i have not heard anything from them yet. I postpond my trip to Ghana last December cos i was hoping my wife would have been here by now but hear i am. I email them they replied that my file is currently in queue for review and i am just about to order my chaip note to see what is going on.

ALLTHINGSAREPOSSIBLE

Feb 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2012
Interview........
05-2016
HI EVERYONE;
Im a Canadianm sponsoring my husband. Outland sponsorship. First change was approved August 2012 and sent to Acrra. No respond yet.

I just cant wait I and my husband have been thorugh alot together. We have been together since 2005. we have a child together. I just cant wait for all this to end...hoping he gets his resident soon.......

i'm happy for all of you who got their application approved...congrats

any suggestion will be appreciated

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
Mrs. said:
Bbccanada,

I understand you frustration. From reading other threads, i remember someone stating that if the IO decided to reject the application, it would have been done quickly. The fact that your wife's case went to in process after the interview and is now under review again is likely to result in a positive response.

The IO would have simple updated to decision made immidiately following the interview if it was to be refused.

I hope yout good news comes soon so that you can move forward with your wife.
Making a decision to reject doesn't always come quickly. My husband's rejection came nearly 15, yes: FIFTEEN months after his interview. VOs may embark on a series of natural justice/procedural fairness arguments and it is by no means quick. Then, as in my case, issue a preemptive rejection that was drawn up before the final submission was received by them, which was not late.

What I see a lot of on this forum is perceptions that one's experience is 'the way it is'. In my opinion, every application is as unique as there is potential for anything and everything. The outcome of any one of these PR applications could be affected by something trivial and unrelated affecting the visa officers or malicious mishandling. I wish anyone and everyone not depending too much on what they read here. I think we can never really know what is going to be the perfect application or response or sequence of events.

Good luck to you all.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
inlimbo said:
Making a decision to reject doesn't always come quickly. My husband's rejection came nearly 15, yes: FIFTEEN months after his interview. VOs may embark on a series of natural justice/procedural fairness arguments and it is by no means quick. Then, as in my case, issue a preemptive rejection that was drawn up before the final submission was received by them, which was not late.

What I see a lot of on this forum is perceptions that one's experience is 'the way it is'. In my opinion, every application is as unique as there is potential for anything and everything. The outcome of any one of these PR applications could be affected by something trivial and unrelated affecting the visa officers or malicious mishandling. I wish anyone and everyone not depending too much on what they read here. I think we can never really know what is going to be the perfect application or response or sequence of events.

Good luck to you all.
Wow, inlimbo, you mean it took 15 months after your husband's interview to send you a refusal letter? I think this is alternative of a death penalty to marriage. The amount of time they wastedd on your file could have saved you some time with your appeal. @inlimbo, could you tell me if all the evidance you sent them were returned to your husband after the interview?

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
bbccanada said:
Wow, inlimbo, you mean it took 15 months after your husband's interview to send you a refusal letter? I think this is alternative of a death penalty to marriage. The amount of time they wastedd on your file could have saved you some time with your appeal. @ inlimbo, could you tell me if all the evidance you sent them were returned to your husband after the interview?
Yes. Fifteen months. The first procedural fairness letter came FIVE months after the interview and was a blatant twist of words my husband stated. A submission was drawn and another argument was made with no reference to the first or our response. We responded to the second argument and the rejection letter was drawn up before our response to the second argument was received. We had asked for humanitarian and compassionate grounds but it wasn't even considered.

Immigration council conceded my appeal and didn't argue with me one iota during the hearing. I wasn't even addressed. Approving my appeal was decided before hand.

We have not had anything returned to us as of yet. Our relationship's genuineness has never been challenged so I suppose our evidence was sufficient.

This office has treated us like hell. I'm amazed at the quick processing times I've heard about here through this office. I also know people who have lied to get what they want out of this process or passed bribes. I'm very frustrated that once this office reopened our file, they made three requests but neglected to ask for a new medical exam. More time wasted.

I'm so done with it all. I will leave Canada with my son if I have to. I know the medical exams left Nigeria week for review in France. Does anyone know how log it takes for this file transfer, review of the exams in Accra and visa issuing?!

Agingonana

Dec 25, 2012
inlimbo,

i taught genuineness was their primary key so if they weren't so much interested in it why then reject you? yes! is true you have had a different experience,but what do you think was the REAL issue? is it the statement your husband said or they just wanted to mishandle your file?

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Agingonana said:
inlimbo,

i taught genuineness was their primary key so if they weren't so much interested in it why then reject you? yes! is true you have had a different experience,but what do you think was the REAL issue? is it the statement your husband said or they just wanted to mishandle your file?
Maybe he was refused on other ground no matter how genuine the marriage maybe.

Mrs.

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 18 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 8 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 9 2012
Med's Done....
July 19 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 28 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5 2013
LANDED..........
June 19 2013
inlimbo said:
A submission was drawn and another argument was made with no reference to the first or our response. We responded to the second argument and the rejection letter was drawn up before our response to the second argument was received.

Immigration council conceded my appeal and didn't argue with me one iota during the hearing. I wasn't even addressed. Approving my appeal was decided before hand.

Our relationship's genuineness has never been challenged so I suppose our evidence was sufficient.

This office has treated us like hell.

Any reasonable person reading your experience can see you and your husband have been treated with utter disrespect. Your file has so obiviouly been mis-handled, to say the least.

This visa office did undergo an audit of its procedures in 2010. This may have been provoked by your case and others similar to yours. But the fact that you are still waiting is completely unacceptable.

I hope there is a lawyer out there who will take your case, pro-bono, get you as much compensation as possible and publicly embarrass CIC and CHC Accra.

Even once your husband has his PR, what you have been through should not be filed away and forgotten.

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
bbccanada said:
Maybe he was refused on other ground no matter how genuine the marriage maybe.
Of course I know the real issue but I don't want to get into it now. It's irrelevant as I'm trying to talk about or address time spent and wasted. I'm past it in a way because my worry and thoughts were settled at the hearing but I will never forgive the time wasted.

I really appreciate people here thinking that I have a case for settlement. I sincerely think so as well. I had a pregnancy alone; I've raised my son alone for two years. My husband has missed out on almost everything and only seen our son once. Yes, we got ourselves into this situation but I really can't excuse the mishandling.

I know about the 2010 audit at the Accra office. When I came across that information I was humbled. I hope there aren't many families out there that have suffered like mine.

We will get though it. We are strong.

Ghanawife

Sep 11, 2012
@ inlimbo- I'm so saddened by your story and just as frustrated as you are with how "immigration for West Africans" can impact people's life and WASTE TIME.

I thought that my time would have been here by now when we were successful with our appeal in July 2012....but I am still waiting! I am amazed at the current waiting times and so happy for all of you. Today is my 5 year anniversary and I am alone because we expected my husband would have been here by now. I refused to get pregnant and have my baby alone and I am definitely getting old to have children. So I’m frustrated at so many levels. :'(

I wish there was a way, we as a collective could let these VO's realize how they have truly impacted our lives....and not for the better.

Ghanawife

Sep 11, 2012
chenny said:
what is the 2010 audit all about?
You can find the audit on the CIC website...

:-\ I'm really not sure what to think about the audit... I would like to compare their numbers with the numbers of other countries....

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
inlimbo said:
Of course I know the real issue but I don't want to get into it now. It's irrelevant as I'm trying to talk about or address time spent and wasted. I'm past it in a way because my worry and thoughts were settled at the hearing but I will never forgive the time wasted.

I really appreciate people here thinking that I have a case for settlement. I sincerely think so as well. I had a pregnancy alone; I've raised my son alone for two years. My husband has missed out on almost everything and only seen our son once. Yes, we got ourselves into this situation but I really can't excuse the mishandling.

I know about the 2010 audit at the Accra office. When I came across that information I was humbled. I hope there aren't many families out there that have suffered like mine.

We will get though it. We are strong.

I feel everyones pains even though I am not in that situation. I think we have to collectively act on this. A way forward will be to write a letter to the Prime Minister and Jason Kennedy bringing their awareness to how ridiculosly people are treated at the Accra VO as against places like Delhi etc. IDo you guys agree?