+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Agyeson

Dec 22, 2012
I am so sorry for all the bad news that is going on. That is so sad that anyone would treat you that way, they have no right to discriminate against you. My hubby and I have heard good news so far, It seems they have continuously worked on our file and have now said our medicals were received. Can anyone tell me what the next step could be?

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
Agyeson said:
I am so sorry for all the bad news that is going on. That is so sad that anyone would treat you that way, they have no right to discriminate against you. My hubby and I have heard good news so far, It seems they have continuously worked on our file and have now said our medicals were received. Can anyone tell me what the next step could be?
I'm curious about your timeline. When were the medicals done and when were they received by Accra? My husband did his last month and they were sent to France, January 31. How long are they there before going to Accra? I'm getting really anxious.

Agyeson

Dec 22, 2012
inlimbo said:
I'm curious about your timeline. When were the medicals done and when were they received by Accra? My husband did his last month and they were sent to France, January 31. How long are they there before going to Accra? I'm getting really anxious.
Our medicals were done before we sent everything and we submitted it with our initial application. Everything was sent to Accra office jan 18, 2013 so it took a month from then for them to look at them.

pinkyPee

Jan 30, 2013
Hello everyone, thanks for answering my previous post.... I have another question that I am hoping someone can help me with....... once your spouse has thier spousal visa to come to canada, can they just book thier flight and come or do they need a airport transit visa in heathrow airport or in brussels airport to get their connecting flight?......i have read somewhere that you must have transit visa in heathrow and or in brussels but if they have their canadian visa on thier passport will that be sufficient??..... the layover will only be for 4 - 5 hours, not over night and does not need to change airports.....
thank you........

chenny

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
it depends on the route,if you have a stop over at amsterdam,you dont need a transit visa,but if you are passing through us and uk,you definately need a transit.my best advice is if you spouse is coming from ghana or nigeria,let him/her take KLM, go through amsterdam to canada.with that,you dont need to waste time applying for transit.SO IT DEPENDS ON YOUR CHOICE

Mrs.

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 18 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 8 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 9 2012
Med's Done....
July 19 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 28 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5 2013
LANDED..........
June 19 2013
pinkyPee said:
Hello everyone, thanks for answering my previous post.... I have another question that I am hoping someone can help me with....... once your spouse has thier spousal visa to come to canada, can they just book thier flight and come or do they need a airport transit visa in heathrow airport or in brussels airport to get their connecting flight?......i have read somewhere that you must have transit visa in heathrow and or in brussels but if they have their canadian visa on thier passport will that be sufficient??..... the layover will only be for 4 - 5 hours, not over night and does not need to change airports.....
thank you........
I too am looking for flights to Canada for my spouse.

Here is a link to UK border information. It lists countries that do not need a visa for transit purposes (Ghana and Nigeria are on the list).

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-transit-airside/

If transiting through Amsterdam or Frankfurt, no visa is needed.

The United States does pose a problem because a visa is needed for transit purposes.

I have found cheap flights on Royal Air Maroc and there is no transit visa needed for the connecting flight to Canada.

Agingonana

Dec 25, 2012
Agyeson said:
can someone answer her question please?

chenny

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
the next should be interview date or visa ready if interview is not required.but i cannot tell how many months you have to wait to get that.if all documents are complete,that should be the next.i hope this answered your question?

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
Ecas has been updated to medicals received.
It can't possibly be much longer, right?

Mrs.

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 18 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 8 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 9 2012
Med's Done....
July 19 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 28 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5 2013
LANDED..........
June 19 2013
inlimbo said:
I hope it moves very quickly for you!

Agyeson

Dec 22, 2012
inlimbo said:
That's so great! Now we are in the same waiting game waiting for the next step. Hope its speedy!!

kwacha

Oct 15, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
accra (Ghana)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
08-07-2012
Interview........
21-05-2013
i had ecas updatedto medicals received since Oct 10th and still havnt heard anything from Accra... :-[