+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

dave77123

Jun 18, 2016
@ Mandie. thanks for your prompt response .i will try the account linking thing and i as well noticed that Nov got mail requesting for their Passport .i think it depends on when your application is transferred too. we pray for divine speed on our applications and positive result ,stay blessed. keep up with the good way. thanks

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
mandiebraxton said:
I'm looking at your timeline and I am curious, have they asked you for re-medical as you did it in Aug 2015? You could be one of those given a restricted time to land of asked to redo your medical. Whichever is the case, you will be smiling soon.

*Mandie*

It's a mistake mandie...I go the the dates messed up....my medical was done on July 4th 2015 so it's has been past already but they haven't requested for re-medical yet...

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Agi2009 said:
It's a mistake mandie...I go the the dates messed up....my medical was done on July 4th 2015 so it's has been past already but they haven't requested for re-medical yet...
OK. I'm sure they will contact you for re-medical sooner than later. Hang in there.

*Mandie*

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
Hello everyone. So happy to have found this forum. It gives me life and with all the information I've gathered here I can now set my mind on reality. Its 8-11 months journey if ur case is pretty much straight forward. My boo can bet it won't take more than 6mnths but am already preparing my mind.

We ll be sending in our application next month. God I pray for favour and all d best for everyone already on the line.

xtreme

Feb 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
Sugarcoconut said:
Hello everyone. So happy to have found this forum. It gives me life and with all the information I've gathered here I can now set my mind on reality. Its 8-11 months journey if ur case is pretty much straight forward. My boo can bet it won't take more than 6mnths but am already preparing my mind.

We ll be sending in our application next month. God I pray for favour and all d best for everyone already on the line.
Welcome to the Thread and i wish you well in your sponsorship journey

walesme

Jun 14, 2016
Please How long does it take to get A0R2 from AVO?..My ecas status on PA side still in process since may 18

gapoha

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27th May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA, 15th July, 2016
Med's Request
15th July, 2016
Med's Done....
18th July 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
mandiebraxton said:
as you have followed instructions on the letter, you have nothing to worry about. The clinic will send your medical result directly to CIC. So just sit down and relax for our dear AVO to contact you for the next steps.

*Mandie*
Hi Guys, there is one thing I am not sure and want to find out just in case I need to do something about it, I left Ghana since 2007 and have being residing in China since, in 2009 I came back just for a month and got a police criminal check certificate for my entire stay in Ghana. Since then I haven't live in Ghana so in my application I used the 2009 police criminal certifate with a current one I got in China for the first day I enter China till date. Is it ok for that old police clearance I used for Ghana the as my last criminal check for Ghana or CIC will ask me for a new one. I want to know so that if they is a need for me to me working on a new one before they ask me so that it doesnt cause any delay for my application. Thanks to all member of this house for you valuable advice!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
walesme said:
All your criminal record must be a current one and upto date ....
I concur. It should be issued no more than 3 months before you send your application. They will ask you for a new police certificate for Ghana.

*Mandie*

walesme

Jun 14, 2016
Please How long does it take to get A0R2 from AVO?..My ecas status on PA side still in process since may 18

gapoha

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27th May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA, 15th July, 2016
Med's Request
15th July, 2016
Med's Done....
18th July 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
mandiebraxton said:
I concur. It should be issued no more than 3 months before you send your application. They will ask you for a new police certificate for Ghana.

*Mandie*
I see, Mandie! Thanks very much, then i need to apply for a new one down so that as soon as they ask I send it to them to save time. Thanks!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
walesme said:
Typically you won't hear anything until they need further documentation from you. If they don't, their next communication with you would be to request for your pasport....which involves months upon months of waiting. AVO is working on average processing time of 9 months. So be patient.

*Mandie*

walesme

Jun 14, 2016
mandiebraxton said:
Typically you won't hear anything until they need further documentation from you. If they don't, their next communication with you would be to request for your pasport....which involves months upon months of waiting. AVO is working on average processing time of 9 months. So be patient.

*Mandie*
Thnx brandie, i really appreciate ... guess is just the waiting game

walesme

Jun 14, 2016
gapoha said:
Hi Guys, there is one thing I am not sure and want to find out just in case I need to do something about it, I left Ghana since 2007 and have being residing in China since, in 2009 I came back just for a month and got a police criminal check certificate for my entire stay in Ghana. Since then I haven't live in Ghana so in my application I used the 2009 police criminal certifate with a current one I got in China for the first day I enter China till date. Is it ok for that old police clearance I used for Ghana the as my last criminal check for Ghana or CIC will ask me for a new one. I want to know so that if they is a need for me to me working on a new one before they ask me so that it doesnt cause any delay for my application. Thanks to all member of this house for you valuable advice!
As Mandie said u will need to get a new one ... my criminal record from Nigeria says 3 months and i dont know about China, which i believe should valid for 3 or 6 months ...

gapoha

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27th May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA, 15th July, 2016
Med's Request
15th July, 2016
Med's Done....
18th July 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
walesme said:
As Mandie said u will need to get a new one ... my criminal record from Nigeria says 3 months and i dont know about China, which i believe should valid for 3 or 6 months ...
Thanks very much Mandie and Walesme, so in this case can I get a new Police clearance and send to AVO or I should wait till I get a request for it. Also how long does it take to get a police clearance in Ghana currently? Thanks!

Lady O

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th sept,2015
AOR Received.
3rd nov,2015
File Transfer...
11th December,2015
Med's Request
Upfront 15th july,2015
Med's Done....
18th july,2016(redone )
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th july,2016, Passport delivered to AVO 27/07/16
VISA ISSUED...
29th August,2016
LANDED..........
September,2016
Re: Thread for Acrra Ghana applicantsl

gapoha said:
Yes, they will ask you for a current police clearance from ma Ghana, I schooled in ghana 2005-2009,and did not include a ghana police clearance in my application initially. But after my application was approved in Canada and transfered to Accra visa office. When accra sent me my Passport request mail, they said I should send my passport, together with police clearance from Ghana and Nigeria. so you should prepare your mind to do another one. also the CID police office at accra Will probable tell you it takes 10working days for the police clearance, but u can talk to someone that ur working with d embassy's deadline, and u can get d police clearance in 3working days. I started mine on a Friday and got it the next Tuesday by 4pm. Urs can be earlier if u know ur way arround. Then remember they charge non-residents(Ghanaians who haven't lived in ghana for more than 3months stretch ,1200ghc for it, then Ghanaian citizens ,100ghc)