+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

THOUSANDS !! THOUSANDS !! THOUSANDS !! JOBS IN TORONTO !!! UPCOMING JOB FAIRS

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

How to Answer 10 Tough Interview Questions
Employers and recruiters are always asking these common tough questions, in addition they will ask you question related to your field or profession. Good practice of these question, good homework and positive attitude will bring successes to you, other things to remember and take with you at interview copies of extra resume, note book, pen, wear proper dress and arrive before 10 to 15 minutes.
There's no worse feeling than when you're in an interview and the interviewer asks you a question to which you don't know the answer. The best way to handle this dreaded debacle is to go into the interview prepared. Familiarize yourself with a few common difficult questions and arm yourself with answers prepared ahead of time.

Other 10 Toughest Interview Questions:

Here are 10 classic tough interview questions you should be ready to answer, along with strategies on how to respond to them in a way that makes you stand out:
1. Could you tell me a little about yourself?
Most interviewers use this question not only to gather information, but also to assess your poise, style of delivery and communication ability. Don't launch into a mini-speech about your childhood, schooling, hobbies, early career and personal likes and dislikes. Instead, briefly cite recent personal and professional work experiences that relate to the position you're seeking and that support your credentials. Better yet, prepare a personal branding statement that quickly describes who you are and what you can bring to the company.
2. Why did you leave your previous employer, or why are you leaving your present job?
The economy has pushed many talented professionals into the workforce, so don't be ashamed to simply explain that you were a part of a downsizing. If you were fired for performance issues, it's best to merely say you "parted ways" and refocus the discussion on how your skill set matches the current position. If you currently have a job, focus on why you're seeking greater opportunity, challenges or responsibility. If you're transitioning to a new industry, discuss why you're making the transition and tie it into the new job responsibilities (make sure that you have very strong references regardless of why you left, or are leaving, a position).
3. What are your greatest strengths?
Briefly summarize your work experience and your strongest qualities and achievements that are directly related to the responsibilities of the job you are applying for. One proven approach is to include four specific skills that employers value highly: self-motivation, initiative, the ability to work in a team and a willingness to work long hours.
4. What are your weaknesses?
Realize that most interviewers don't expect you to be perfect or reveal your true weaknesses. Turn this question around and present a personal weakness as a professional strength. Let's assume that you're detail-oriented, a workaholic and that you neglect friends and family when working on important projects. You can turn these weaknesses around by saying that you're very meticulous and remain involved in projects until you've ironed out all the problems, even if it means working after hours or on the weekend.
Another tactic is to discuss an area where you're seeking improvement, and then highlight the steps you're taking to meet that goal. Perhaps you're an accountant, and are working to improve your knowledge of payroll procedures by taking courses at a local college, or maybe you're an IT professional earning additional certifications.
5. What can you tell me about our company and/or industry?
Do your homework. Check out the company website and their "About Us" section. Most public companies post Investor Information which typically lists their Management Team, Board of Directors and past financial performance. Write down a few key points that you can cite when asked. Interviewers want to know that you're interested in more than just a job.
6.What do/did you like most and least about your present/most recent job?
Concentrate your answer on areas that are relevant to the position and be specific. Don't say, "I liked the atmosphere." Instead, try saying "I enjoyed the camaraderie of being part of a team." When discussing least-liked aspects of your present or previous job, try to mention an area of responsibility that's far removed from the functions of the job you're seeking. But be sure your answer indicates that you either performed the assignment well or that you learned something useful. This shows that you stick with tasks, even ones that don't particularly interest you.
7. Aren't you overqualified for this position?
Hardly anyone expects you to say "yes" to this question in today's job market. If you do, the interviewer may think you'll grow dissatisfied and leave the company quickly. Instead focus on the experience and skill set you'll bring to the position and the value they'll receive by hiring you.
8.What sets you apart from other applicants?
The interviewer who asks you this is really probing your readiness for the job, your ability to handle it, your willingness to work hard and your fitness for the job. Show your readiness by describing how your experience, career progression, qualities and achievements make you an asset. Keep it professional, and focus on the value you'll bring to the position. Highlight your ability by discussing your specific skills and accomplishments, but don't forget to show your interest in the job itself.
9. Where do you hope to be in five years?
This question is often asked of recent college graduates, and the worst answer is to say that you want to be president of the company or have the interviewer's position. Instead, talk about what motivates you especially what will motivate you on this job and what you hope to have accomplished.
10. Do you have any questions? Can you think of anything else you'd like to add?
Don't say "no," or that everything has been thoroughly discussed. If you think the interviewer has any doubts, now's the time to restate why you're the most logical candidate for the opening. Show your interest in the company by preparing some key questions in advance. Asking about corporate culture or what the interviewer likes the best about the company will give you insight and let the interviewers know that you're interviewing them as well.
Having a positive attitude and practicing in advance can help you to field these challenging questions with ease, and that calmness under fire will demonstrate that you can handle crises on the job just as easily.
Remember,
interviewers are looking for a competent, confident candidate who not only wants the job, but also understands its requirements and can quickly hit the ground running. Answering these challenging questions with poise and conviction helps you outshine other applicants, and puts you in a good position to land the job you want.
(source career websites)

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
hmisabpk said:

Employers and recruiters are always asking these common tough questions, in addition they will ask you question related to your field or profession. Good practice of these question, good homework and positive attitude will bring successes to you, other things to remember and take with you at interview copies of extra resume, note book, pen, wear proper dress and arrive before 10 to 15 minutes.
There's no worse feeling than when you're in an interview and the interviewer asks you a question to which you don't know the answer. The best way to handle this dreaded debacle is to go into the interview prepared. Familiarize yourself with a few common difficult questions and arm yourself with answers prepared ahead of time.

Here are 10 classic tough interview questions you should be ready to answer, along with strategies on how to respond to them in a way that makes you stand out:
Most interviewers use this question not only to gather information, but also to assess your poise, style of delivery and communication ability. Don't launch into a mini-speech about your childhood, schooling, hobbies, early career and personal likes and dislikes. Instead, briefly cite recent personal and professional work experiences that relate to the position you're seeking and that support your credentials. Better yet, prepare a personal branding statement that quickly describes who you are and what you can bring to the company.
2. Why did you leave your previous employer, or why are you leaving your present job?
The economy has pushed many talented professionals into the workforce, so don't be ashamed to simply explain that you were a part of a downsizing. If you were fired for performance issues, it's best to merely say you "parted ways" and refocus the discussion on how your skill set matches the current position. If you currently have a job, focus on why you're seeking greater opportunity, challenges or responsibility. If you're transitioning to a new industry, discuss why you're making the transition and tie it into the new job responsibilities (make sure that you have very strong references regardless of why you left, or are leaving, a position).
Briefly summarize your work experience and your strongest qualities and achievements that are directly related to the responsibilities of the job you are applying for. One proven approach is to include four specific skills that employers value highly: self-motivation, initiative, the ability to work in a team and a willingness to work long hours.
Realize that most interviewers don't expect you to be perfect or reveal your true weaknesses. Turn this question around and present a personal weakness as a professional strength. Let's assume that you're detail-oriented, a workaholic and that you neglect friends and family when working on important projects. You can turn these weaknesses around by saying that you're very meticulous and remain involved in projects until you've ironed out all the problems, even if it means working after hours or on the weekend.
Another tactic is to discuss an area where you're seeking improvement, and then highlight the steps you're taking to meet that goal. Perhaps you're an accountant, and are working to improve your knowledge of payroll procedures by taking courses at a local college, or maybe you're an IT professional earning additional certifications.
Do your homework. Check out the company website and their "About Us" section. Most public companies post Investor Information which typically lists their Management Team, Board of Directors and past financial performance. Write down a few key points that you can cite when asked. Interviewers want to know that you're interested in more than just a job.
Concentrate your answer on areas that are relevant to the position and be specific. Don't say, "I liked the atmosphere." Instead, try saying "I enjoyed the camaraderie of being part of a team." When discussing least-liked aspects of your present or previous job, try to mention an area of responsibility that's far removed from the functions of the job you're seeking. But be sure your answer indicates that you either performed the assignment well or that you learned something useful. This shows that you stick with tasks, even ones that don't particularly interest you.
Hardly anyone expects you to say "yes" to this question in today's job market. If you do, the interviewer may think you'll grow dissatisfied and leave the company quickly. Instead focus on the experience and skill set you'll bring to the position and the value they'll receive by hiring you.
The interviewer who asks you this is really probing your readiness for the job, your ability to handle it, your willingness to work hard and your fitness for the job. Show your readiness by describing how your experience, career progression, qualities and achievements make you an asset. Keep it professional, and focus on the value you'll bring to the position. Highlight your ability by discussing your specific skills and accomplishments, but don't forget to show your interest in the job itself.
This question is often asked of recent college graduates, and the worst answer is to say that you want to be president of the company or have the interviewer's position. Instead, talk about what motivates you especially what will motivate you on this job and what you hope to have accomplished.
10. Do you have any questions? Can you think of anything else you'd like to add?
Don't say "no," or that everything has been thoroughly discussed. If you think the interviewer has any doubts, now's the time to restate why you're the most logical candidate for the opening. Show your interest in the company by preparing some key questions in advance. Asking about corporate culture or what the interviewer likes the best about the company will give you insight and let the interviewers know that you're interviewing them as well.
Having a positive attitude and practicing in advance can help you to field these challenging questions with ease, and that calmness under fire will demonstrate that you can handle crises on the job just as easily.
Remember,
interviewers are looking for a competent, confident candidate who not only wants the job, but also understands its requirements and can quickly hit the ground running. Answering these challenging questions with poise and conviction helps you outshine other applicants, and puts you in a good position to land the job you want.
(source career websites)

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

Gr8 post Hmi Bhai +1

vicky_si

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed 28 May '13 ..PER 17 aug' 13
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
21 Oct.2013
Med's Request
27 Nov. 2013
Med's Done....
7 dec 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28 Nov. 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Feb 2014
LANDED..........
Planned 7 July 2014
Really Nice INfo.. Thx

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Excellent One Bro.

Regards
Mayank

hmisabpk said:

Excellent post

Check out these tough interview questions and some suggested responses in order to avoid an interview disaster:

Tough question No. 1: "Tell me about yourself."

This is usually the opening question in an interview and it's the perfect moment for you to toot your own horn -- not to tell your life history. Your answers should be a quick rundown of your qualifications and experience. Talk about your education, work history, recent career experience and future goals.

Suggested answer: "I graduated from University X and since then, I have been working in public relations with an agency where I have generated millions of PR hits for my clients. While I've enjoyed working on the agency side, I'm looking to expand my horizons and start doing PR for corporate companies such as this one."

Tough question No. 2: "Why did you leave your last job?"

This is your chance to talk about your experience and your career goals, not to badmouth a former boss or give a laundry list of reasons for your exit. Instead, focus on what you learned in your previous position and how you are ready to use those skills in a new position.

Suggested answer: "The company just wasn't a good fit for my creativity, but I learned that organizations have distinct personalities just like people do. Now I know where I'll be a better fit."

Tough question No. 3: "Where do you see yourself in five years?"

Let the employer know that you're stable and you want to be with this company for the long haul. Keep your aspirations to take over the firm with which you are interviewing, own your own company, retire at 40 or be married with five children to yourself.

Suggested answer: "I want to secure a civil engineering position with a national firm that concentrates on retail development. Ideally, I would like to work for a young company, such as this one, so I can get in on the ground floor and take advantage of all the opportunities a growing firm has to offer."

Tough question No. 4: "What are your weaknesses?"

The key to answering this age-old question is not to respond literally. Your future employer most likely won't care if your weak spot is that you can't cook, nor do they want to hear the generic responses, like you're "too detail oriented" or "work too hard." Respond to this query by identifying areas in your work where you can improve and figure out how they can be assets to a future employer. If you didn't have the opportunity to develop certain skills at your previous job, explain how eager you are to gain that skill in a new position.

Suggested answer: 1. "In my last position, I wasn't able to develop my public-speaking skills. I'd really like to be able to work in a place that will help me get better at giving presentations and talking in front of others."
2. " I'm new to the country, don't have sufficient Canadian experience, but I have done the local certification in my profession to update my self according to the Canadian requirement. During my study I have been working as volunteer or Part time or internship etc.. I'm a good and fast learner."

Tough question No. 5: "Why were you laid off?"

This question will become more common as the economy continues to slow down. It's a tough question, however, especially because many workers aren't told exactly why they were laid off. The best way to tackle this question is to answer as honestly as possible.

Suggested answer: "As I'm sure you're aware, the economy is tough right now and my company felt the effects of it. I was part of a large staff reduction and that's really all I know. I am confident, however, that it had nothing to do with my job performance, as exemplified by my accomplishments. For example..."

Tough question No. 6: "Tell me about the worst boss you ever had."

Never, ever talk badly about your past bosses. A potential boss will anticipate that you'll talk about him or her in the same manner somewhere down the line.

Suggested answer: "While none of my past bosses were awful, there are some who taught me more than others did. I've definitely learned what types of management styles I work with the best."

Tough question No. 7: How would others describe you?

You should always be asking for feedback from your colleagues and supervisors in order to gauge your performance; this way, you can honestly answer the question based on their comments. Keep track of the feedback to be able to give to an employer, if asked. Doing so will also help you identify strengths and weaknesses.

Suggested answer: "My former colleagues have said that I'm easy to do business with and that I always hit the ground running with new projects. I have more specific feedback with me, if you'd like to take a look at it."

Tough question No. 8: "What can you offer me that another person can't?"

This is when you talk about your record of getting things done. Go into specifics from your résumé and portfolio; show an employer your value and how you'd be an asset.

Suggested answer: "I'm the best person for the job. I know there are other candidates who could fill this position, but my passion for excellence sets me apart from the pack. I am committed to always producing the best results. For example..."

Tough question No. 9: "If you could choose any company to work for, where would you go?"

Never say that you would choose any company other than the one where you are interviewing. Talk about the job and the company for which you are being interviewed.

Suggested answer: "I wouldn't have applied for this position if I didn't sincerely want to work with your organization." Continue with specific examples of why you respect the company with which you are interviewing and why you'll be a good fit.

Tough question No. 10: "Would you be willing to take a salary cut?"

Salary is a delicate topic. In today's tough economy though, how much a company can afford to pay you might be the deal breaker in whether or not you are offered a position.

Suggested answer: "I'm making $X now. I understand that the salary range for this position is $XX - $XX. Like most people, I would like to improve on my salary, but I'm more interested in the job itself than the money. I would be open to negotiating a lower starting salary but would hope that we can revisit the subject in a few months after I've proved myself to you."

(source career websites)

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Watch How To Give Job Winning Answers To Tough Interview Questions in 3 Simple Steps"

http://www.interviewsuccessformula.com/interview-answers-vsl1.php

hmisabpk

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Interviews are far out ; there are lil lil lil chances that you'd be called for an interview unless you have something really special which made the employers understand that you are paralleled to skills and qualification like Canadians. people have been applying to 100's of places and getting 1-2 calls and many with no calls at all. you might be a jewel in your country but here you are most likely to be treated as plane stone.

I don't know exactly how would someone struggling to survive in a new life, new city and at the same time apply for OSAP/other loans and get the burden of repayment soon after completing the courses when the economy is suffering with job creations as the unemployment rate has been at no change for the last 1 year. ( don't forget studying in Canada means you'd be under tons of class tasks, assignments, discussions, tests).

Still there are hopes, there are survival jobs, there are ways to overcome but at a good cost !!

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

What do Canadian employers want?

Canadian employers often want you to have soft skills and hard skills.
Often, it is not enough to have hard skills, or technical skills. Canadian employers want to hire people who also have soft skills.

Soft Skills
Soft skills are sometimes called employability skills. They include:
• Communication
• Problem solving
• Positive attitudes and behaviours
• Adaptability
• Working with others

Employers want every employee to have these skills. Someone who has these skills will be able to learn and grow in a job. These people can get along with their co-workers and are a long-term asset for the organization.

Hard Skills or Technical Skills
Each job type has its own set of skills, called hard skills. Hard skills are the technical skills you need to do a certain job. For example:
• Using computer programs
• Measuring and calculating
• Analyzing data
• Speaking a language
• Operating a machine

Experience
Understanding labour market information can help you identify what kind of experience employers want.
How your professional qualifications are valued in Canada is very important. It can help you find work in your field. By finding out how your experience is valued, you will know if you need to do any academic upgrading or exams to get the same kind of work in Canada .
You might need to have your academic or professional credentials assessed. In regulated professions or trades, you cannot work in your field unless you have had your credentials and experience evaluated.
After you have assessed your skills, you need to be able to show employers that you have these skills.

Other Important skills you need to enter, stay in, and progress in the world of work—whether you work on your own or as a part of a team.
These skills can also be applied and used beyond the workplace in a range of daily activities.

Fundamental Skills
The skills needed as a basis for further development
You will be better prepared to progress in the world of work when you can:

COMMUNICATE
• read and understand information presented in a variety of forms (e.g., words, graphs, charts, diagrams)
• write and speak so others pay attention and understand
• listen and ask questions to understand and appreciate the points of view of others
• share information using a range of information and communications technologies (e.g., voice, e-mail, computers)
• use relevant scientific, technological, and mathematical knowledge and skills to explain or clarify ideas

MANAGE INFORMATION
• locate, gather, and organize information using appropriate technology and information systems
• access, analyze, and apply knowledge and skills from various disciplines (e.g., the arts, languages, science, technology, mathematics, social sciences, and the humanities)

USE NUMBERS
• decide what needs to be measured or calculated
• observe and record data using appropriate methods, tools, and technology
• make estimates and verify calculations

THINK AND SOLVE PROBLEMS
• assess situations and identify problems
• seek different points of view and evaluate them based on facts
• recognize the human, interpersonal, technical, scientific, and mathematical dimensions of a problem
• identify the root cause of a problem
• be creative and innovative in exploring possible solutions
• readily use science, technology, and mathematics as ways to think, gain, and share knowledge, solve problems, and make decisions
• evaluate solutions to make recommendations or decisions
• implement solutions
• check to see if a solution works, and act on opportunities for improvement

Personal Management Skills
The personal skills, attitudes, and behaviours that drive one's potential for growth
You will be able to offer yourself greater possibilities for achievement when you can:

DEMONSTRATE POSITIVE ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOURS
• feel good about yourself and be confident
• deal with people, problems, and situations with honesty, integrity, and personal ethics
• recognize your own and other people's good efforts
• take care of your personal health
• show interest, initiative, and effort

BE RESPONSIBLE
• set goals and priorities balancing work and personal life
• plan and manage time, money, and other resources to achieve goals
• assess, weigh, and manage risk
• be accountable for your actions and the actions of your group
• be socially responsible and contribute to your community

BE ADAPTABLE
• work independently or as part of a team
• carry out multiple tasks or projects
• be innovative and resourceful: identify and suggest alternative ways to achieve goals and get the job done
• be open and respond constructively to change
• learn from your mistakes and accept feedback
• cope with uncertainty

LEARN CONTINUOUSLY
• be willing to continuously learn and grow
• assess personal strengths and areas for development
• set your own learning goals
• identify and access learning sources and opportunities
• plan for and achieve your learning goals

WORK SAFELY
• be aware of personal and group health and safety practices and procedures, and act in accordance with them

Teamwork Skills

The skills and attributes needed to contribute productively
You will be better prepared to add value to the outcomes of a task, project, or team when you can:

WORK WITH OTHERS

• understand and work within the dynamics of a group
• ensure that a team's purpose and objectives are clear
• be flexible: respect, and be open to and supportive of the thoughts, opinions, and contributions of others in a group
• recognize and respect people's diversity, individual differences, and perspectives
• accept and provide feedback in a constructive and considerate manner
• contribute to a team by sharing information and expertise
• lead or support when appropriate, motivating a group for high performance
• understand the role of conflict in a group to reach solutions
• manage and resolve conflict when appropriate

PARTICIPATE IN PROJECTS AND TASKS
• plan, design, or carry out a project or task from start to finish with well-defined objectives and outcomes
• develop a plan, seek feedback, test, revise, and implement
• work to agreed-upon quality standards and specifications
• select and use appropriate tools and technology for a task or project
• adapt to changing requirements and information
• continuously monitor the success of a project or task and identify ways to improve

(source settlement.org)

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
Great Post Hmi.... Keep the good work up....... +1 again

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
dubaiite said:
Great Post Hmi.... Keep the good work up....... +1 again
Sorry Karma Issue ....... after 168 Hrs ..for sure

Shaukat57

Nov 3, 2010
Multan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with Application
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted along with application
File Transfer...
08-04-2011(RBVO) ,In-process with processing date:18 -o6-12
Med's Request
April 02,2013.
Med's Done....
29-April-2013
Interview........
Waived,Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 at 09-10-13, PPR-2 at 24-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
On-line Status:Decision Made at 26-10-13
LANDED..........
Planning
hmisabpk said:

Remember,
(source career websites)

hope that helps,

hmisabpk
As usual,A Great input from u ,once again.
+1 for u

Steeve

Dec 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone post any link or info about jobs in Manitoba? Pls guyz look into this request !

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Target Canada is hiring now...
For more details visit: http://corporate.target.ca/m/company/en/careers