+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I sent a request to CBSA through ATIP in July and received a letter in Aug stating that they don't hold any relevant information about my security screening status.
Then I also contacted CSIS thorugh ATIP in Aug, was told in Sep that my SS was completed in Dec 2016.

Yet I am still in the process(SS).

Should I have contacted CSIS first then CBSA later? Even so, should CBSA have had the info by the time when I requested it because my SS assesment from CSIS was already done in Dec 2016?

I don't know how to interpret CBSA's answer that they don't have any info about my SS status.

If your theory was right, that means CBSA has not started any SS process for me even though CSIS finished their job in Dec 2016. And my waiting time since then has been no use :(
yes this is what happened for Blanka from Sep 2016 to July 2017 when she ordered CBSA atip.

write to CBSA atip or the person who did your CBSA atip and tell them how come you don't have my CSIS report while it was sent to you by CSIS in Dec 2016? If you have it that's the info I am looking for. I need to know if you received CSIS advice, what date, the skeleton of the report (even if you block out the content for security reason) and if you are still working on it.
Now the fact you explain to me may show that CSIS didn't actually send the report to CBSA and that's why CBSA didn't have anything. Now that you ordered both it should be good. I ordered CSIS 18 April and CBSA July 1st. You may be three months after me based on the dates you ordered. This is just a theory now.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi are you all inland applicants?

As an outland express entry applicant can i also ask for csis and cbsa notes? Would really appreciate if you could paste a link etc
Thanks alot im almost abt to complete 24 months of waiting, nov 2015 fsw express entry applicant.
I had spouse sponsorship so the applicant (my husband) is outland. For CSIS you can send a fax from outside and provide a postal address in Canada or outside Canada. https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php

For CBSA you need to do it through a friend in Canada or a third party company. You give consents to do. It is through atip website.

can_immi_can

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Planet Earth
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-01-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
Waiting on PPR
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting on PPR
LANDED..........
Waiting on PPR
I had spouse sponsorship so the applicant (my husband) is outland. For CSIS you can send a fax from outside and provide a postal address in Canada or outside Canada. https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php

For CBSA you need to do it through a friend in Canada or a third party company. You give consents to do. It is through atip website.
Is it mandatory to send the form through fax?

hishamkhan

Jul 30, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have requested 3 GCMS notes since May (last one I got was mid-August). At that stage, my eligibility was recommended passed, medicals was passed, criminality was in progress and security was not started. I requested another set end of August but I have not received them yet. I called IRCC and they told me they see the request for GCMS but they're not done yet. I know people who applied for them after me got theirs. Anyone in a similar situation or knows what's holding my notes?

Also, thanks to experiences of people on this forum, I noticed that ordering CBSA notes helped move application. I was told by IRCC that they are waiting on CBSA response for security clearance. This weekend I ordered notes for both CSIS and CBSA. What's the turn-around time for that? My GCMS notes have not shown SS or Secure Outstanding uptil now and since I do not have the latest notes, I don't know if that was added later.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Timeline is in my signature.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
I called the call-center today. The agent could not confirm the info regarding the completed CBSA security screening. She told me that according to the screen info' my security is still "in progress".
It is just very confusing.
What do you think, guys?

hasmikan

Oct 6, 2017
Hi, we have been waiting for 17 month now since AOR. my husband graduated and started a full time job in this period. any advice if we should email them and update the info? we re afraid it cause more delays...

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
I called the call-center today. The agent could not confirm the info regarding the completed CBSA security screening. She told me that according to the screen info' my security is still "in progress".
What do you think, guys?
Officers need time to review your SS results, and agents can't see the difference until this review is done.

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
Hi Mia, I am outland FSW, and I requested info from CSIS, just follow instructions on this link https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php
They sent me a reply to my home country that they completed my security in one day, and that I should check with CBSA. My file is with CBSA for 6 months now, and I would like to know how to get any info from them from abroad. If anyone knows, pls share.
you can use https://www.getgcms.com/contact
this service, they can contact CBSA on your behalf. Just fill the form and tell them you want to get your CBSA notes

Reactions: dr@gonfly

beloved22

Mar 31, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
yes this is what happened for Blanka from Sep 2016 to July 2017 when she ordered CBSA atip.

write to CBSA atip or the person who did your CBSA atip and tell them how come you don't have my CSIS report while it was sent to you by CSIS in Dec 2016? If you have it that's the info I am looking for. I need to know if you received CSIS advice, what date, the skeleton of the report (even if you block out the content for security reason) and if you are still working on it.
Now the fact you explain to me may show that CSIS didn't actually send the report to CBSA and that's why CBSA didn't have anything. Now that you ordered both it should be good. I ordered CSIS 18 April and CBSA July 1st. You may be three months after me based on the dates you ordered. This is just a theory now.
Thank you for your advice.

I didn't think CSIS might not have sent the advice to CBSA, but after reading your comment now I have strong feeling that they didn't.
As per your advice, I requested CBSA report again yesterday with CSIS letter attached.

I ordered CSIS report on Aug 3,2017 and received the letter Sep 12,2017. It says they received SS request from IRCC on Aug 31,2016 and it was completed and advice was sent on Dec 30,2016.

But when I contacted IRCC they didn't have any idea it was completed, nor GCMS note mentions either.

What I've done so far, I sent the CSIS letter to IRCC and CBSA.
IRCC has no updates yet.

We'll see what happens.

Reactions: strength2

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
What do you think, guys?
agents can read from gcms notes which are not updated. Even myCIC is not updated and is still showing bgc ip. so they cannot tell. But you got PPR. right? Couldn't the agent see that?

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
What do you think, guys?
The call center agent does not have detailed access to your file. Chances are that CBSA has sent their results to CIC and now CIC need to update your file.

bubbles26

Jul 13, 2017
Hi everyone,
I have a very serious problem. I'm applying for my FBI police clearance. My fingerprints arrived at the FBI on july 19th but it still isn't showing up on the system even though they've moved on to the 21st. They say there was a problem with my application but since it's not in the system they can't tell me what it is. I have already sent in two LOEs and today they told me I have another 7 day extension which I obviously won't be able to meet. Will CIC cancel my permanent residence application when i am unable to submit my FBI police clearance in 7 days? or will they process my application without it (they have 4 other police clearances from me and i never lived in the US, just went a lot as a tourist) ? or will they give me a third extension- it's been 6 months since my ITA?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Q: since the PCC from country of residence is valid for 1 year, has anyone been asked to submit a fresh one after waiting more than a year?

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
Hi everyone,
I have a very serious problem. I'm applying for my FBI police clearance. My fingerprints arrived at the FBI on july 19th but it still isn't showing up on the system even though they've moved on to the 21st. They say there was a problem with my application but since it's not in the system they can't tell me what it is. I have already sent in two LOEs and today they told me I have another 7 day extension which I obviously won't be able to meet. Will CIC cancel my permanent residence application when i am unable to submit my FBI police clearance in 7 days? or will they process my application without it (they have 4 other police clearances from me and i never lived in the US, just went a lot as a tourist) ? or will they give me a third extension- it's been 6 months since my ITA?
You should send IRCC all the scans of your FBI request, proof of shipment etc. and share the scan from FBI website that now it takes 3-4 months to respond. So they will give you another extension.

But this thread is not for questions like this.