+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

Miles Away

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/10/2017
The article is basically about refugee claimants for whom there is definitely a security screening processed by the CBSA. On the other hand, for PR applicants from within Canada CBSA does not conduct a security screening. This has been confirmed by CBSA Operations Division. I called them and received this info. Also my lawyer called them and he was given the same information. In Canada, officials cannot provide false information. Therefore I do believe this information is accurate. In order to be absolutely sure, however, I would call CBSA operations center, if I were you. I know, it is quite disappointing that there is no clear information how the federal level PR procedures work. This is obviously a clear transparency and accountability problem. Unfortunately we do not have any power to change this at this point. But I promise you I will give my best to make this weakness of Canada's immigration bureaucracy public as soon as I get my PR, for I do believe Canada is a rule of law and thus, this is not acceptable.
Hope this answer helps.
I wish us all a speedy PR and end of this nightmare.

PS: The author of the article, Nicholas Keung, is a friend of mine. He knows this as well.
I called IRCC and they told me my application is @ CSBA. I am an Express Entry applicant living inland for 5 years. I also raised a case to CSBA and have the files and know for a fact that I am stuck there.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I called IRCC and they told me my application is @ CSBA. I am an Express Entry applicant living inland for 5 years. I also raised a case to CSBA and have the files and know for a fact that I am stuck there.
Any idea why they are not working on our cases and when they will start working on our applications because last years many people who received CV request and underwent SS got their PR in +3 months but now we are talking about a year or more. Based on my observation they have stopped working on our cases as I could not find any early 2015 applicants under SS (PNP) got PR.

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
What i understood from various post on forum is that CIC has prepared profiles based on their risk assessment (countries visited ,associate orgs ,names etc) based on VO's assessment they can ask for inputs from any single or multiple agencies -CSIS or CBSA or other source ..and that could be the reason why some apps sails smoothly while others goes in tailspin due to multi-agency clearance ...
But cbsa is said to be the mai
IRCC refers Security Screening request to CBSA. CBSA forwards an SS request to CSIS. But CSIS report is only part of overall SS. IF CSIS reports was everything, there are several applicants who, including Matt, whose CSIS is completed for months, should have gotten the PPR by now.

Most Canadian Missions abroad have a liaison office (which is either manned by CBSA, or CSIS or RCMP e.t.c) within it.. For example in Pakistan this office is manned by RCMP (surprised?) (RCMP Liaison office in Pakistan is also responsible for Afghanistan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyz, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan)
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/defence-defense/index.aspx?lang=eng

One purpose of this office among many other functions is "facilitation of information exchanges between Canadian law enforcement and Pakistan law enforcement with regards to all aspects of criminality ranging from terrorism and organized crime to drugs and immigration". So, for me, since i am a Pakistani (and for any Afghan, Tajik, Iranian, Krygz, Turkemani or Uzbek), CBSA, in addition to a request of ss check by CSIS on me, will, also forward a request to RCMP liaison office in Pakistan to run a background check/local verifications on my application.

Once CBSA receives the report from CSIS and RCMP (some other agency can also be involved on request of CBSA) office in Pakistan, it will prepare an admissibility report on me and forward it to IRCC, which have the final say. Please note that in many other missions, instead of RCMP, CBSA or CSIS runs such liaison offices, and in those cases, CBSA will forward request to whichever agency from CBSA or CSIS is running that liaison office for background verifications that needs to be conducted in applicants home country.
Hence outland applicants get their ss done faster because the liason office overseas processes their ss not the headquarter cbsa office in Canada which has more workload?

Reactions: rabrakha

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
But cbsa is said to be the mai?????????????????
Hence outland applicants get their ss done faster because the liason office overseas processes their ss not the headquarter cbsa office in Canada which has more workload?
But cbsa is said to be the mai?????????????????????

cant say if outlanders are getting it early. I know a lot of Pakistanis outlanders and inlanders stuck in ss for over a year. Liaison offices only conduct investigations in the applicants home country if requested by CBSA. There is a security screening division within CBSA inside Canda which is primarily responsible for deciding the exact route of screening e.g. to contact csis and to involve liaison office at canadian embassy based in applicants home country. and in this sense outland/inland distinction doesnt matter much. for example if some inland Pakistani is involved, and cbsa decides that his background should be investigared in his/ker home country, CBSA will ask the liaison office manned by RCMP in candanian embassy in Pakistan to conduct it. BUT, CBSAs SS division will prepare an admissibility report on a pr individual after receiving the investigations of CSIS, liaison office, e.t.c

Last edited:

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
So I just my gcms notes. Last note showed there were 4 security screening activities as the latest activities. Now it shows 6. Does that mean things have been moving. Or just ircc got status update from cbsa as a result of me reaching to higher officials at ircc and cbsa?

au_09

Star Member
Jun 13, 2016
So I just my gcms notes. Last note showed there were 4 security screening activities as the latest activities. Now it shows 6. Does that mean things have been moving. Or just ircc got status update from cbsa as a result of me reaching to higher officials at ircc and cbsa?
Flying_Bird, when did you order your notes?

NIUBIFUFU

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this guy @Shereef got his ppr after 4 ss entries. most of us here have 3. i only know @Blanka and shricanada who have 4. so 6 are 2 more entries than 4 on which shereef got his ppr.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/6280238/[/QUI

I am in "PNP secure outstanding" group. I cannot see any words like security screening. But we know we are under security check. Do you know any guys like me? You guys at least can guess from the number of SS entries.......o_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek:

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
How did you reach to higher officials at ircc

miladi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Question! Does everyone who goes through SS get additional document requests? I'm CEC Inland (from Iran) waiting for over 5 months. I never received additional document request (cv, schedule a, etc). GCMS notes issued in the forth month also don't mention SS just security check. I'm wondering, given the unusual delay, if my file my application may be going through SS after all, and if not what the heck is happening with it.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Question! Does everyone who goes through SS get additional document requests? I'm CEC Inland (from Iran) waiting for over 5 months. I never received additional document request (cv, schedule a, etc). GCMS notes issued in the forth month also don't mention SS just security check. I'm wondering, given the unusual delay, if my file my application may be going through SS after all, and if not what the heck is happening with it.
Seems that SS is mandatory for all Iranian with M.Sc. or PhD regardless of your PR stream (EE, PNP,...) or if you are inland or outland. So far, there is no end for SS since many people are waiting even more than a year in SS. Not all people receive cv request or additional info.

Reactions: miladi

miladi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Seems that SS is mandatory for all Iranian with M.Sc. or PhD regardless of your PR stream (EE, PNP,...) or if you are inland or outland. So far, there is no end for SS since many people are waiting even more than a year in SS. Not all people receive cv request or additional info.
Gee! I certainly hope that's not the case (wishful thinking :oops:). Have you guys ever seen anyone going through SS even if their GCMS notes don't mention it?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Gee! I certainly hope that's not the case (wishful thinking :oops:). Have you guys ever seen anyone going through SS even if their GCMS notes don't mention it?
It takes time because security is the last step before visa and for most people when they background changes into in progress they will receive PPR but in your case your security has not been started. When your background changed into in progress for the second time either you will hear something very soon or you will be in SS. All Iranians that I know who graduates or students in Canada are waiting. For EE many more than a year and for PNP more than 2 year and still no news!! All we know that they say CBSA is responsible for the delay.

Miles Away

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/10/2017
No, not for all of em. I have seen 2 couples who got their PR in 6 month sharp. Both PhDs. There are lots of other factors included as well.