+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

those who r applying for humber college,global business management jan 2012

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
PISSED said:
Fahad, i have just put the real situation before you guys so that you get to know the reality. Rest is your choice. My motive is to clear the mist or the aura or the illusion surrounding the prospects of education at "such colleges". Thats it!

Either you can simply ignore me and go ahead with your plans, but try not to follow the herd. Or else, you can gather some work exp in your own country, apply to some good universities here after getting a good gmat score.

Good Luck!` :)
I completely agree with you man, You know I choose Saskatchewan because PR is much easier to get compared to other provinces and so I get admission in a university in this province.
But these days every once in a while I come across someone who gives me pros and cons of this province. I am very confused my self.

G

gimvie1

Dear Pissed Guy,
I have started planning to apply for Canadian visa and admission in university/college now. I have completed my BSc horn in accountancy from U.K and I am ACCA finalist student. My main aim is to go Canada on student visa then get Canadian passport. I went to consultant ( very close friend of my dad), he has told me that for masters in accountancy from Canadian universities you need GMAT , but time is very short and I am not interested in GMAT so you can apply for 2 years PGD Global Business Management in Humber or Grorge Brown college.
Secondly, masters in accountancy are normally 1 year or 1.5 so I cant get PR easily after that, that’s why GBM program is very good for you. after compelting that you can apply for PR and CGA will be exempted on the basis of ACCA and you can look job inaccountancy field.
I am very much worried about that course or colleges as I have very limited knowledge of Canadian market.
What you can best suggest from your experience ( your time is very important, but that can help for my future).

Regards.
Haseeb

Baha2180

Dec 10, 2011
Hi...gimvie1....

About PR....after having completed yr study u can go for experience class or PNP category....
if yr program is more than 2 yrs then u will get around 3 yrs work permit after finishing yr study....if yr program less than 2 yrs then u get work permit same as length of study permit....1 yr program lead u to get 1 yr work permit... .....
both options is gud but first need to get in canada....and ......if u fulfill all visa related requirement than university admission makes easy to get study permit than college...

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gimvie1 said:
Dear Pissed Guy,
I have started planning to apply for Canadian visa and admission in university/college now. I have completed my BSc horn in accountancy from U.K and I am ACCA finalist student. My main aim is to go Canada on student visa then get Canadian passport. I went to consultant ( very close friend of my dad), he has told me that for masters in accountancy from Canadian universities you need GMAT , but time is very short and I am not interested in GMAT so you can apply for 2 years PGD Global Business Management in Humber or Grorge Brown college.
Secondly, masters in accountancy are normally 1 year or 1.5 so I cant get PR easily after that, that's why GBM program is very good for you. after compelting that you can apply for PR and CGA will be exempted on the basis of ACCA and you can look job inaccountancy field.
I am very much worried about that course or colleges as I have very limited knowledge of Canadian market.
What you can best suggest from your experience ( your time is very important, but that can help for my future).

Regards.
Haseeb
Hi,

1. You do NOT need GMAT for Master in Accountancy.

2. Most 1 year Master course leads to 3 year Post Graduate Work Permit. A Master degree is far better thn a Post Graduate Diploma.

rohityuv

Oct 4, 2011
HATS OF TO PISSED........BRILLIANT POST...WE NEED MORE MEMBERS AND STUDENT LIKE YOU TO HELP THE OTHER STUDENT COMING FORM INDIA....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAN....REALLY NICE!!!

G

gimvie1

Guys,
I have not find yet any good degree or diploma in accountancy of 2 years without GMAT, can anyone help me.??

FarazAhmed

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
thankyou pissed off....

You are very right brother.... One cannot have the knowledge about the real situation of another place unless one goes there and experience life........

really appreciate.... God Bless You Brother

G

gimvie1

Fahad, which university and course you got admission there?

Haseeb

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
rohityuv said:
HATS OF TO PISSED........BRILLIANT POST...WE NEED MORE MEMBERS AND STUDENT LIKE YOU TO HELP THE OTHER STUDENT COMING FORM INDIA....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAN....REALLY NICE!!!
Thanks a lot buddy. I hope more students like me will join this forum and guide the new comers. Now I am just contemplating a change in my course with a better course this time so that i don't go back India empty-handed.

I wish there was such a forum on fb too. :)

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
FarazAhmed said:
thankyou pissed off....

You are very right brother.... One cannot have the knowledge about the real situation of another place unless one goes there and experience life........

Thanks a lot buddy! :)

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

1. You do NOT need GMAT for Master in Accountancy.

2. Most 1 year Master course leads to 3 year Post Graduate Work Permit. A Master degree is far better thn a Post Graduate Diploma.
I dont have much knowledge about accountancy and all. But try - www dot viu dot ca

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
FarazAhmed said:
thankyou pissed off....

Thanks,
I dont have much knowledge about BC! So sorry! But i think TRU is a good one!

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PISSED said:
I dont have much knowledge about accountancy and all. But try - www dot viu dot ca
Hi,

1. It's better to avoid the so called "www dot viu dot ca" (Vancouver Island University, BC). It's a very low grade school, again a cheap choice of road side consultant.

2. If interested in BC, so why not;

:University of BC. (a World class university)
:University of Victoria. ( Well known for co-op programs)

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

1. It's better to avoid the so called "www dot viu dot ca" (Vancouver Island University, BC). It's a very low grade school, again a cheap choice of road side consultant.

2. If interested in BC, so why not;

:University of BC. (a World class university)
:University of Victoria. ( Well known for co-op programs)
I agree thats a cheap uni but it may be help the guy get an accountancy course "without GMAT scores". The Unis that you suggested may require GMAT score, something that guy isnt interested in. Hence i suggested VIU.
Afterall, so called "World class - Well known" institutions do require a GMAT score. Dont they? Hence, VIU.