+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

those who r applying for humber college,global business management jan 2012

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PISSED said:
I agree thats a cheap uni but it may be help the guy get an accountancy course "without GMAT scores". The Unis that you suggested may require GMAT score, something that guy isnt interested in. Hence i suggested VIU.
Afterall, so called "World class - Well known" institutions do require a GMAT score. Dont they? Hence, VIU.
Hi,

It's not a matter of choice. To stand and compete in front of thousands of job applicants, you need good credentials not average one. I agree GMAT is tough. But what's the harm in at least trying hard for it. I myself is a MBA student of a leading Canadian business school and I know how "difficult" it is even for the best MBA grads to secure a job in Canada. Problem is many of us are looking for "easy admission", believe me you see result only at the time of seeking job when you compete with locals/landed immigrants/foreign workers.

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

It's not a matter of choice. To stand and compete in front of thousands of job applicants, you need good credentials not average one. I agree GMAT is tough. But what's the harm in at least trying hard for it. I myself is a MBA student of a leading Canadian business school and I know how "difficult" it is even for the best MBA grads to secure a job in Canada. Problem is many of us are looking for "easy admission", believe me you see result only at the time of seeking job when you compete with locals/landed immigrants/foreign workers.
Dear enfield,

Well, the thing you wrote is already known to me, and to many others as well. However, you need to direct your reply to givmie1, who is not interested in GMAT. And hence, it is a matter of choice, atleast for givmie1.
Yes, i am well aware of the job scene, even without any MBA degree. However, based on what his queries were, i gave him that particular reply. Otherwise, in my very first post on this forum, I have already mentioned the job scenario, with a disclaimer in the end to be read before anyone grosses at me . :)

G

gimvie1

Guys, i guess masters in accountancy does't need GMAT, its for business progra,

kokice

Dec 15, 2011
Hi everyone..I have one question for you and I hope somebody will give me the right answer:)
Is one eligible to apply for PR (under the Ontario Nominee program) with postgraduate certificate from college or it is necessary to obtain a master degree from university???

Thank you so much in advance...

G

gimvie1

Kokice,
As per my knowledge, U have to study 2 years diploma/degree either post graduate diploma or Masters degree or Bsc, after 2 years u will get 3 years work permit, in this work permit U have to work 1 ear Full-Time, after 1 year u can apply PR. But for courses less than 2 years can create difficulties to obtain PR as U will not get 3 years work permit and may be some some other issues

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kokice said:
Hi everyone..I have one question for you and I hope somebody will give me the right answer:)
Is one eligible to apply for PR (under the Ontario Nominee program) with postgraduate certificate from college or it is necessary to obtain a master degree from university???

Thank you so much in advance...
Hi,

1. Yes, you are eligible to apply with a 1 year PG certificate course.

2. With a Master degree from any University in Ontario, you can apply without any job offer. Restricted to only 1000 applicants and it's a pilot program.

G

gimvie1

Dear Guys,
i am interested in diploma in Accounting,that is post graduation diploma, the duration of the course in 1 year but some students can also complete this course 2 years by picking les pappers in each semester. As total paers are 11 in that diploma.
if i will complete that course in 2 years instead of 1 year then can i apply for 3 years work permit after that?

Regards

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gimvie1 said:
Dear Guys,
i am interested in diploma in Accounting,that is post graduation diploma, the duration of the course in 1 year but some students can also complete this course 2 years by picking les pappers in each semester. As total paers are 11 in that diploma.
if i will complete that course in 2 years instead of 1 year then can i apply for 3 years work permit after that?

Regards
Hi,

Absolutely No.

coolkid220

Star Member
Oct 22, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
Islamabad CHC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-13-2011
Asslamo Alaikum,Brothers and Sister i have created a brand new Application Status List for Pakistani Students.You Can easily submit your information through a simple form and your data automatically be added to the list , To update your status in the list , Just Type your Name in Applicant Section which you used to submit your data and Change or Update the Form and your status in the list will be updated .....

SUBMIT YOUR INFO THROUGH THIS FORM :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGJMdUJGaHhjTl9vYXQybTVENmlxNFE6MQ

APPLICATION STATUS LIST
http://studyabroadca.blogspot.com/p/appstatus-list.html

fabioadias

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro Brasil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-12-2014
Med's Request
30-12-2014
Med's Done....
12-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2015
I feel like some of what has been said here might have been taken a little too far.
As much as I understand what PISSED said in this post, I feel like it might be a little too extreme...

I'm currently not in Canada. Have only been there once and am planning to return to study as much of us are.
The information provided by PISSED is really good and I assume he does have a point specially considering he's currently studying at Humber.

Here's my 2 cents...

I feel like a "Global Business Management" course is supposed to give you a wide range of business knowledge. As I've checked under the course program info, it gives the student info in MANY different aspects of the business world such as marketing, hr, project management and others. PISSED mentioned how there isn't a single job offer that says that a "Global Business Management" course is required. That may be true but I do believe that having a Business Management certificate - whether it is global or not - might make you suitable for many different job opportunities that are related to business in one way or another. I think your previous education will count a lot towards you being fit for a job or not not only THIS postgrad. Hopefully if you studied - lets say - marketing, in your home country that would help you get started in Canada. A bachelors in Marketing and a PostGrad in Business Management. Wouldn't that be something?

And also... yeah, we all know that Universities are way better but they're also a lot harder to get in and they cost a lot more. So I understand why colleges are so attractive to immigrants.

This Global Business Management course has been so hyped probably because it is - from what I've seen so far - the only PostGrad 2 year certificate in Canada. I have yet to find another one that is so good for an immigrant that wants to fight for his/her PR after they're done with their studies.

Now the question that remains for me is... what would be better: a DIPLOMA in Business at Humber or a POSTGRAD Certificate in Global Business Marketing. I'm a designer working with marketing... I still don't know if I'd rather go for the PostGrad or for a diploma. They cost the same... however I believe that the postgrad would better qualify me when searching for a job.

And yeah, having 90% of the class being from the SAME country must be really annoying... that is crazy.

sana eqbal vahora

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
earlier i applied in jan intake 2012 in durham college for 2 years course in entrepreneurship and small business my annual fees was $13370 i had paid first semester fees in cash that is $7460 i had shown a fund of rs 7 lakhs in my dad account and i had taken a loan of rs 8.5lakhs against my fixed deposit of rs10 lakhs my ielts score is speaking:7 listening:6.5 writing:5.5 reading:5 over all 6 bands but i got rejection they said you have not satisfied me that you will leave canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay because your proposed studies are not reasonable in lidht of one or more of:your qualification, previous studies, employment,level of establishment,other educational opportunities available in india or canada, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans i shown my employment i am working as a staff accountant in one of the company and my pay is rs9750.i completed my tyb.com in april 2010 i am working from 1st june2010 still the date as a staff accountant i applied under spp but i got rejection so now i am going to apply under general my file is ready

i got the admission in lambton college toronto campus for pg diploma in business management do u think it would be a visa problem with 6 bands.............
my first semi fees is$6250 which i have already paid to college in cash my one year annual fess is $11900 n my overall fees is $19740 for two years { that includes all four semi } so after going thr i have to pay fees only for 3 semi right i have taken aloan from bank of 11.25lakhs for which i have done a fixed deposit of 15.5lakhs plus i am showing 7.5 lakhs in my dad account is it or i should show more earlier i applied in spp n now i am applying in general can u please deeply explain me what is a difference between spp n general.........................................................please help me regarding my finance........ i dont know what to do...................................please help me out thank you................
can you explain me why i got rejection in jan waiting for your reply
thanking you
i forgotten to mention that i submitted my file on 14th dec 2011 i got bach on 22nd dec2011
second time i am going to apply inshallah on 15 february 2012

account77

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Sana

Stop SPAMMING the forum, There is no point posting same thing in all active threads just because no one is replying to you!

G

gimvie1

we should respect other guys who are in trouble. As a team we can help eact other If any one want to ask any question the plz dont hesitate to contact me at gimvie1@hotmail.com.

i have applied in Thompson Rivers University for Sep intake , and i have over 2 years of personal experiuence of Canadian visas and colleges with looooot of struggle