IELTS Request
6.0 BAND
Med's Done....
yes
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
bs pohnch gye smjho :D
hi all, yesterday i reachd canada and i was wondering which mobile company should i opt for? Like wind, rogers, kudos, fido and all. Mainly i want unlimited data , caller id and unlimited global text. Does anybody know about this, can anybody give me a suggestion.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
ragz306 said:
hi all, yesterday i reachd canada and i was wondering which mobile company should i opt for? Like wind, rogers, kudos, fido and all. Mainly i want unlimited data , caller id and unlimited global text. Does anybody know about this, can anybody give me a suggestion.
Unlimited Data is not possible, every carrier caps speed after some limit. Caller ID can be availed at kwel price.

Check wind mobile they have pretty good packages, they even have unlimited calling India for $20 for 30 days as an add-on.

Service wise most of the GSM carriers run on Rogers Network so more or less their service would be equivalent. Wind has its own network though.

Kirtan1

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
21, Oct , 2011
Interview........
Not Applicable , SPP
VISA ISSUED...
16.Nov. 2011
LANDED..........
20, Dec, 2011
Here Public mobile is best for unlimited calling , they have first month unlimited scheme running on .

U can call unlimited to India and Canada.

nemo123

Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
go for WIND. Its unlimited and pretty cheap. I had it for one yea. the only problems were coverage. They are a new company and are expanding thie coverage area! Get WIND its Cheap and the Best!!!

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Kirtan1 said:
Here Public mobile is best for unlimited calling , they have first month unlimited scheme running on .

U can call unlimited to India and Canada.
I saw their plans, they are pretty good but hows their coverage, reception and service?

PS. They offer Long Distance to couple of countries including India for $15 a month. @OP this one seems good as well if they are good with service, reception and coverage.

Kirtan1

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
21, Oct , 2011
Interview........
Not Applicable , SPP
VISA ISSUED...
16.Nov. 2011
LANDED..........
20, Dec, 2011
royalsting said:
I saw their plans, they are pretty good but hows their coverage, reception and service?

PS. They offer Long Distance to couple of countries including India for $15 a month. @ OP this one seems good as well if they are good with service, reception and coverage.
Hi , i am using it from 3 days , it has superb quality , no call drops ,
or no lag in voice in long distance calls .

Public is best for the new comers to call unlimited in India like me , haha .

i make call upto 5 hours a day to India.

vini8992

Oct 29, 2011
jalandhar
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
bro of u want to call unlimited to india n to your friends in ontario go for public mobile...

its a cdma phone n will cost u around $ 72 (including phone ) n den will cost u $30 per month which will include unlimited ontario calling + india calling...n if u dun wana lot to india den take simple plan of $15.....so i think it will be veri cheap as compare to other.

n ya dun go for WIND at all....................their network is veri poor........

vini8992

Oct 29, 2011
jalandhar
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
royalsting said:

PS. They offer Long Distance to couple of countries including India for $15 a month. @ OP this one seems good as well if they are good with service, reception and coverage.
not coouple of countries it include 45 countries

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
vini8992 said:
not coouple of countries it include 45 countries
Couple of countries = 45 is what I meant but be it 45 or 450, most of us need unlimited calling to India and $15 for that is a pretty good deal. Service wise I have heard mixed reviews for both the operators ie Wind as well as Public Mobile.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
If you can compromise poor reception and service, you can always for companies like kodoo, mobilicity, wind, etc. Among them, wind is the WORST! Their name suggest their reception, you won't get any reception inside your house if wind doesn't flow in :p

Mobility city has a good reputation and they provide unlimited packages.

ROBELUS provide unlimited texting with limited data and local call but they can be hell expensive (I myself use virgin with 1 gb data only). BTW why are you looking for unlimited data? Its canada and you get free wifi everywhere!!!

nemo123

Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhasan said:
If you can compromise poor reception and service, you can always for companies like kodoo, mobilicity, wind, etc. Among them, wind is the WORST! Their name suggest their reception, you won't get any reception inside your house if wind doesn't flow in :p

Mobility city has a good reputation and they provide unlimited packages.

ROBELUS provide unlimited texting with limited data and local call but they can be hell expensive (I myself use virgin with 1 gb data only). BTW why are you looking for unlimited data? Its canada and you get free wifi everywhere!!!
Maybe I was lucky.when i was in Canada I have used wind for more then a year and never had problem with the reception. I used to live in oakville. and my movement was limited to mississauga and toronto. only i sometimes had problem while on the high way or in Milton that's it. It was a great choice for me as only in 20$ i had unlimited nationwide calling, unlimited text through out globe and unlimited data.

Any way now I am coming back to canada and moving to windsor. Wind and moblicity does not have their coverage there. tell me more about your plan with virgin?

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
nemo123 said:
Maybe I was lucky.when i was in Canada I have used wind for more then a year and never had problem with the reception. I used to live in oakville. and my movement was limited to mississauga and toronto. only i sometimes had problem while on the high way or in Milton that's it. It was a great choice for me as only in 20$ i had unlimited nationwide calling, unlimited text through out globe and unlimited data.

Any way now I am coming back to canada and moving to windsor. Wind and moblicity does not have their coverage there. tell me more about your plan with virgin?
Well wind doesn't ditch in some areas and yah most probably you got lucky :p

I have 200mins local with free weekends and early evening (6pm till 7am free local); 10 free buddies anywhere in canada; 1gb data; unlimited text to anywhere in the world; unlimited incoming from anywhere; caller ID. I am paying $75 :| and I do agree because that's hell expensive. But I took this plan because I wanted to get the galaxy s II and among virgin and bell, virgin is much better. I would suggest mobilicity if it is there in your province. They are really good as a new comer!

nemo123

Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No only bell, fido rogers and virgin are available. ok so if i take vigin right should i go with the tab thing and get iphone 4s or with the contact, and the important questions when iphone 5 comes out will i be able to excahnge it with 4s or would i have to get a new contract. I never seem to understand the contract logic so please elaborate if you can. thanks :)

vini8992

Oct 29, 2011
jalandhar
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
yaaaa guyz one important thing..go for any mobile any company but neva go for any contract........... this was the first lesson i was being taught by the people livng here.........