+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

this is messy

wubbo

May 9, 2024
Long story short, i came here on a study permit but due to horrific disasters such as my house burning down and losing literally all my documents including my passport and study permit and clothes and everything in between, i couldnt attend college, explained the situation to my college but they didnt help and gave me a one year suspension for not attending a whole semester, took me a long time to get back on my feet after attending multiple therapy sessions provided by my college, got my documents back after 6 months of this happening, i found an employer who was willing to sponsor me for work, he applied for my LMIA, and told me as long as my application is in process i’m legally allowed to stay in canada, the LMIA is still in process although he didnt tell me that he didnt apply until january this year, 5 days ago i receive an email from CBSA stating that i have to leave the country because i violated the terms of my study permit and they will soon send me a letter of removal. I acknowledge my fault and that i should’ve known better and not blindly trust my employer, although he did apply for the LMIA and it is currently queued for assessment, what are my options now to resolve all this, should i leave the country before they send me a letter of removal? is it possible for me to take admission in a college now since i very much intend to complete my studies and since my student permit is still active they will dismiss the case after i enrol in a college? or should i wait for the LMIA decision. if i do decide to leave before the removal is issued and the lmia gets approved, are the chances of getting approval for the work visa extremely low? am i not going to be able to be able to come to north america anytime in future for whatever reason?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Long story short, i came here on a study permit but due to horrific disasters such as my house burning down and losing literally all my documents including my passport and study permit and clothes and everything in between, i couldnt attend college, explained the situation to my college but they didnt help and gave me a one year suspension for not attending a whole semester, took me a long time to get back on my feet after attending multiple therapy sessions provided by my college, got my documents back after 6 months of this happening, i found an employer who was willing to sponsor me for work, he applied for my LMIA, and told me as long as my application is in process i’m legally allowed to stay in canada, the LMIA is still in process although he didnt tell me that he didnt apply until january this year, 5 days ago i receive an email from CBSA stating that i have to leave the country because i violated the terms of my study permit and they will soon send me a letter of removal. I acknowledge my fault and that i should’ve known better and not blindly trust my employer, although he did apply for the LMIA and it is currently queued for assessment, what are my options now to resolve all this, should i leave the country before they send me a letter of removal? is it possible for me to take admission in a college now since i very much intend to complete my studies and since my student permit is still active they will dismiss the case after i enrol in a college? or should i wait for the LMIA decision. if i do decide to leave before the removal is issued and the lmia gets approved, are the chances of getting approval for the work visa extremely low? am i not going to be able to be able to come to north america anytime in future for whatever reason?
Yes, you should leave Canada.

Your study permit is no longer valid. It was canceled by IRCC since you stopped attending school.

You have been out of status in Canada for too long. It is not possible for you to get a new study permit from within Canada or a work permit based on the LMIA.

Yes, it may be difficult to get a work permit approved from outside of Canada due to your immigration history here. However you can certainly try. Good luck.

Last edited:

wubbo

May 9, 2024
Yes, you should leave Canada.

Your study permit is no longer valid. It was canceled by IRCC since you stopped attending school.

You have been out of status in Canada for too long. It is not possible for you to get a new study permit from within Canada or a work permit based on the LMIA.

Yes, it may be difficult to get a work permit approved from outside of Canada due to your immigration history here. However you can certainly try. Good luck.
Thanks for this, just to clarify, what are the chances of me getting approved for a work
permit even if i have a good immigration lawyer since my student visa is spoiled but im
leaving canada voluntarily before being issued a removal letter so cbsa concludes my file as soon as i leave so it doesnt reach to the point where they have to issue me a document that requires me to leave, reason im asking this is because the cbsa officer suggested me that if i leave myself before they schedule me in for an interview and issue me a removal letter than my file will be closed right there and they won’t investigate further. I know it will
impact my visa applications in future but would it be a straight refusal because of this situation? or there could be a chance where the immigration officer approves my application for the work visa.

Regards!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for this, just to clarify, what are the chances of me getting approved for a work
permit even if i have a good immigration lawyer since my student visa is spoiled but im
leaving canada voluntarily before being issued a removal letter so cbsa concludes my file as soon as i leave so it doesnt reach to the point where they have to issue me a document that requires me to leave, reason im asking this is because the cbsa officer suggested me that if i leave myself before they schedule me in for an interview and issue me a removal letter than my file will be closed right there and they won’t investigate further. I know it will
impact my visa applications in future but would it be a straight refusal because of this situation? or there could be a chance where the immigration officer approves my application for the work visa.

Regards!
There's always some chance. No one here can tell you your chances.