+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

This is a change

kathyberone

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
I ask again, what is an example of a "short graduate level program" that is not a masters?
Certainly not an Ontario College Graduate Certificate that allows diploma holders to apply. Maybe it’s referring to those short programs in Quebec that you NEED a degree to apply (ie bachelor), no diploma accepted.

SasaBasi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
I have posted the York U link twice. All universities have certificate programs of one or two years with the minimum education requirement of a degree (not a diploma).

https://continue.yorku.ca/programs/post-degree-certificate-in-human-resources-management/
Now this is just splitting hairs. Both are known as graduate certificates and are offered for one to two years. I really don't want to dwell further into this since we'll just be running circles.

Let's wait until the official announcement is made. All I can hope is "soon" means in a matter of weeks

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
They should have also created a special fraud police unit designed to kill DLIs doing cash-for-visas. The immigration minister himself said these colleges are typically in Brampton, Surrey & Mississauga. I mean.....

I hate to say it as well, they should force in a diversity cap to reduce and increase the number of people from certain nationalities. I went to a college today to check out the facility. Among 300 people just one was white and the other was one nationality, holy shit.

October applicant

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Attestation letter is not required to one of the categories stated below:
  • a student applying for a Masters, PhD or other post-graduate program

Does post graduate diploma and post graduate certificate applicants require attestation letter?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
They should have also created a special fraud police unit designed to kill DLIs doing cash-for-visas. The immigration minister himself said these colleges are typically in Brampton, Surrey & Mississauga. I mean.....

I hate to say it as well, they should force in a diversity cap to reduce and increase the number of people from certain nationalities. I went to a college today to check out the facility. Among 300 people just one was white and the other was one nationality, holy shit.
I'm sure you missed University Canada West in Vancouver to the list of locations

October applicant

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
There is no Short Graduate Level other than Masters Degree.

Does post graduate diploma and post graduate certificate applicants require attestation letter?

Reactions: SasaBasi

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Yes, Diplomas and Certificate will need to have attestation

Sofi14

Dec 3, 2017
Me and my husband are in canada on pgwp and im on sowp and we have our file in pool 473 waiting for draw so we thought he will take study again and i will extend sowp so do we need attestation and finances

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Me and my husband are in canada on pgwp and im on sowp and we have our file in pool 473 waiting for draw so we thought he will take study again and i will extend sowp so do we need attestation and finances
So husband is on PGWP. For him to study, he needs letter of attestation if not taking a Masters or Phd and to show finances for two people (around $26k plus tuition). You are not eligible for a SOWP unless he takes a Masters or PhD.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Just remember that PGWP is once in a lifetine application, if he already received, he will never receive it again

Reactions: scylla

Sofi14

Dec 3, 2017
Just remember that PGWP is once in a lifetine application, if he already received, he will never receive it again
Yes i knw i dnt want pgwp just wanna stay more 6-8 mnths to gain tech experience just want sopw and study permit plz someone help

bigdavy

Apr 30, 2020
Hi, i am on study permit and already enrolled at laurentian university as an undergrad since january 2024. I applied for a work permit for my wife to join me and the application was submitted in september 2023 and the requested a medical in october 2023 . Since then i havent heard back from the ViSa office. Will the current announcement afftect applications already in the system ?? How does this affect me?