+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

THINK DEEPLY

ranjhaaa

Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
@ Ranjhaaa.
Obviously you are happy here and I am not (yet).
Going back is a solution that I cannot have as I lost my job at home by resigning.
So yes, I have every right to not only criticize but also to caution people who are likely to make the same mistake.
When you burn your savings and have nothing left even to resettle then you will understand.
I do not have relatives to stay with and have a family to support who are not terribly happy with this decision either.

Clear now?
So go on - tell us how you are so apparently well established here?
i arrived in CANADA on 8th dec 2010 for the first time in my life,,,,i lived at my relatives for 5 weeks,,,back home in INDIA i was working with TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES as a software developer,,,,,,i did my b tech in mechanical but then i changed to IT and went to TCS,,,,,

anyway,,i had no Canadian experience before,,,after 4 weeks of traveling and enjoying i decided that now i should get to work,,,,so i applied a lot of jobs and i got one in MECHANICAL factory as an operator

it was tough though but i tried and tried a lot,,,and in first week of MARCH i got a job as a software developer ,,,,,got a contract of one year for CAD$ 42,000 a year

i mean to say that we cannot achieve anything in life if we just sit and criticize everything,,,300 srilankans could never get into CANADA if they stay in their own country ruined by terrorism.Will there be somebody coming to my apartment on a nice day and say ""here sir this is ur million dollar job???"",,,no,,,u have to do yourself.

we cannot achieve anything by criticizing anything,if u want to change a system then be in the system.i landed in an alien country,,,got a job after one month,,,then switched to my own field in good time,,my wife is trying to choose a course for her own,,my daugter is in the school,,,i have rented a decent basement,,,,what else do i want

NOW PLEASE U THINK DEEPLY,,,,,ND PLEASE DON'T SAY THAT I GOT THIS OUT OF LUCK

gud luck

Very Well Said Ranjhaa Bai Ji. you are a perfect example of grabing oppurtunities coming your way. Starting from a scratch is very difficult but certainly not impossible. you can't accept defeat without fighting. My Dear Friend Honolulu please have a deep thought of discourging people. thanks n regards.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Fair enough Ranjhaaa.
I will continue to complain until I get my position also.
That's because there are several people who are holding on to survival jobs getting way less than they are qualified for.
My caution is for those in well placed positions who left everything imagining Canada to be an instant success like yours.

If I hear more stories like yours than mine I will close the thread happy that things are working well for most skilled immigrants here. Thanks and good luck to you too.

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
ranjhaaa said:
i arrived in CANADA on 8th dec 2010 for the first time in my life,,,,i lived at my relatives for 5 weeks,,,back home in INDIA i was working with TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES as a software developer,,,,,,i did my b tech in mechanical but then i changed to IT and went to TCS,,,,,

anyway,,i had no Canadian experience before,,,after 4 weeks of traveling and enjoying i decided that now i should get to work,,,,so i applied a lot of jobs and i got one in MECHANICAL factory as an operator

it was tough though but i tried and tried a lot,,,and in first week of MARCH i got a job as a software developer ,,,,,got a contract of one year for CAD$ 42,000 a year

i mean to say that we cannot achieve anything in life if we just sit and criticize everything,,,300 srilankans could never get into CANADA if they stay in their own country ruined by terrorism.Will there be somebody coming to my apartment on a nice day and say ""here sir this is ur million dollar job???"",,,no,,,u have to do yourself.

we cannot achieve anything by criticizing anything,if u want to change a system then be in the system.i landed in an alien country,,,got a job after one month,,,then switched to my own field in good time,,my wife is trying to choose a course for her own,,my daugter is in the school,,,i have rented a decent basement,,,,what else do i want

gud luck
Cant Appreciate you enough Ranjhaaa.....Your success and prosperity says it all...what you have in you buddy....u will go a long way...

Also a special mention to Wicky as well....he/she couldnt have poured his heart out better than this.

I simply fail to understand all these so called " Canada bound Aspirants " , on what basis one migrates ? If Canada was the best and bed of roses country , probably the whole world would reach there leaving behind their Nationalities and benefits. Every place has its own merits and demerits...do the research and Stop Complaining , because in majority of the other countries Nothing Changes even after Protesting and COMPLAINING for more than 50 years.

The worst thing one could do is GO without HOMEWORK and expects the same kind of Senior n well paid job after Landing.
Neither in immigration process nor in any of CIC websites it has been offered , so on what basis one is applying. PRESUMPTIONS ARE THE MOTHER OF ALL BLUNDERS.

It is like Have the Cake and Eat it Too ;) Guys appreciate that they r not only giving us the opportunity to migrate but sharing everything for your family and future which is next to impossible in majority of the countries where we r born n served for ages.

Good Luck to u all. Be Positive and it pays :)

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deeaar said:
Cant Appreciate you enough Ranjhaaa.....Your success and prosperity says it all...what you have in you buddy....u will go a long way...

Also a special mention to Wicky as well....he/she couldnt have poured his heart out better than this.

I simply fail to understand all these so called " Canada bound Aspirants " , on what basis one migrates ? If Canada was the best and bed of roses country , probably the whole world would reach there leaving behind their Nationalities and benefits. Every place has its own merits and demerits...do the research and Stop Complaining , because in majority of the other countries Nothing Changes even after Protesting and COMPLAINING for more than 50 years.

The worst thing one could do is GO without HOMEWORK and expects the same kind of Senior n well paid job after Landing.
Neither in immigration process nor in any of CIC websites it has been offered , so on what basis one is applying. PRESUMPTIONS ARE THE MOTHER OF ALL BLUNDERS.

It is like Have the Cake and Eat it Too ;) Guys appreciate that they r not only giving us the opportunity to migrate but sharing everything for your family and future which is next to impossible in majority of the countries where we r born n served for ages.

Very good Deeaar.

For all other guys, do your homework; Did you hear that a human being had two lives !! so be optimistic and try your best in everything single thing you are doing.

Good Luck Honolulu.

Cheers

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
Deeaar said:

EXACTLY MY POINT. GLAD YOU RECOGNIZE IT. THIS IS WHAT I MEANT TO HIGHLIGHT FOR THE GULLIBLE BEFORE COMING HERE

HERE I AM NOT SO SURE. APART FROM FREE SCHOOLING WHAT EXACTLY IS BEING SHARED FOR THE FAMILY?

THANKS. POSITIVE BUT CAUTIOUS BEFORE JUMPING INTO THE BANDWAGON

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
More to think deeply about
Here is the story of an Electronic engineer with 11 years of experience in China.
She never got a job in her field.

Again, no intention to discourage anyone or detract from those who succeeded.
Only a caution to those who do not survey their job market scrupulously enough.

Here goes

http://www.thestar.com/article/980070--porter-painful-stories-shed-light-on-downside-of-canadian-experience

parulkrish

Oct 19, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26,2010
AOR Received.
March 09,2010
File Transfer...
August 04/2010 to New York, IN process 30/08/10
Med's Request
November 8, 2010
Med's Done....
December 6, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
I agree with Honolulu,

If you have nice job ( with good Pay), please check with someone who is already in Canada then make decison.

In this topic someone mention that got job within a months as software developer for $40,000 a year,

$40,000 is nothing if you think to settle in Canada.

I am still in this country because i have no good education, if i go to back home i have to do labour job

for labour job canada pay more so most welcome

wicky

Feb 27, 2011
LONDON UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
awaiting
Interview........
awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
Hi all in this post,

Please visit the post below,

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/request-to-moderator-t70176.0.html

and give your vote.

Thanks
Wicky

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
WOW~ What a thought provoking thread and I congratulate all those who have posted on being objective about their comments. I spent nearly an hour watching the TVO forum on Immigration, then finished reading all the posts to date on the thread. My Dad's parents were immigrants in the early 1900's who settled and farmed in the Prairies. My Mum was a War Bride who came to Canada in the 1940's. I am proud to be a Canadian and I never take it for granted. I know that my relatives gave up things to come to the unknown and worked hard to survive. I hope that every one of you who comes to Canada will find opportunities to flourish and settle in the years ahead. Keep the discussion going.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
WOW~ What a thought provoking thread and I congratulate all those who have posted on being objective about their comments. I spent nearly an hour watching the TVO forum on Immigration, then finished reading all the posts to date on the thread. My Dad's parents were immigrants in the early 1900's who settled and farmed in the Prairies. My Mum was a War Bride who came to Canada in the 1940's. I am proud to be a Canadian and I never take it for granted. I know that my relatives gave up things to come to the unknown and worked hard to survive. I hope that every one of you who comes to Canada will find opportunities to flourish and settle in the years ahead. Keep the discussion going.
Thanks

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............
ranjhaaa
can u tell me IT/Software job market in Canada ? I have 10 years exp in j2ee .

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Honolulu said:
It is like Have the Cake and Eat it Too. Guys appreciate that they r not only giving us the opportunity to migrate but sharing everything for your family and future which is next to impossible in majority of the countries where we r born n served for ages.

HERE I AM NOT SO SURE. APART FROM FREE SCHOOLING WHAT EXACTLY IS BEING SHARED FOR THE FAMILY?
SOME HINTS FOR YOU MY DEAR FRIEND...

1. FREE MEDICALS FOR YOU, YOUR WIFE, YOUR CHILDREN, YOUR LANDED PARENTS, LANDED GRANDPARENTS, LANDED NEPHEW/NIECE, YOUR STUDENT YOUNGER BROTHER AND HIS DEPENDENT WIFE ON OPEN WORK PERMIT STATUS AND THEIR KID(S).....LIST GOES ON !!

2. BUY A HOUSE WITH 5% DOWN PAYMENT (ZERO DOWN OF YOU CAN PULL IT OFF)

3. ROADS YOU CAN DRIVE ON IN YOUR SHINING NEW CAR (WITHOUT THE FEAR OF FENDER BENDERS OR BUMPS LIKE BACK HOME)

4. DISCIPLINED PEOPLE IN QUEUES

5. CHILD TAX SUPPORT FOR YOUR KID UPTO 18

6. GOVERNMENT DOLES AND FREE HOUSING/LEGAL SERVICES IF YOU ARE UNEMPLOYED OR MEDICALLY IMPAIRED TO WORK

7. 100% UPTIME ELECTRICITY, GAS, WATER, CABLE, PHONE ETC ETC

8. 911 EMERGENCY SERVICE (YOU HAVE TO EXPERIENCE IT AT WORK)

9. BEST HOSPITALS IN CRITICAL CARE AND SURGERIES

10. PROMPT DISASTER MANAGEMENT SERVICES

11. LESS CORRUPT POLICING AND JUDICIARY

12. DISCIPLINED ELECTION CAMPAINING (COMPARE THAT WITH BACK HOME)

13. PROMPT SERVICES IN GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS (GET THE HINT ?? ;) )

THIS IS ONLY TO NAME A FEW....NEED I SAY MORE ??

Good Luck to u all. Be Positive and it pays Smiley

YOUR POST HAS MORE OF A DEJECTED OVERTONE THAN A POSITIVE TONE. I DO HOPE YOU FIND SUCCESS SOON. BELIEVE ME, INSPITE OF ALL THE VENOM IN THE LINKS YOU HIGHLIGHTED, CANADA IS NOT REALLY A BAD PLACE TO LIVE AND WORK IN. IF TORONTO IS NOT TREATING YOU WELL, CALGARY/EDMONTON/VANCOUVER/SASKACHEWAN SURELY WILL. TRY IT !!

harryy

Feb 10, 2009
@ ranjhaaa

how you reached Canada, I mean on what basis ... as skilled worker or any other category... I have few more questions depending on your answer.

ranjhaaa said:

gud luck

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bsrk68 said:
SOME HINTS FOR YOU MY DEAR FRIEND...

1. FREE MEDICALS FOR YOU, YOUR WIFE, YOUR CHILDREN, YOUR LANDED PARENTS, LANDED GRANDPARENTS, LANDED NEPHEW/NIECE, YOUR STUDENT YOUNGER BROTHER AND HIS DEPENDENT WIFE ON OPEN WORK PERMIT STATUS AND THEIR KID(S).....LIST GOES ON !!
2. BUY A HOUSE WITH 5% DOWN PAYMENT (ZERO DOWN OF YOU CAN PULL IT OFF)
3. ROADS YOU CAN DRIVE ON IN YOUR SHINING NEW CAR (WITHOUT THE FEAR OF FENDER BENDERS OR BUMPS LIKE BACK HOME)
4. DISCIPLINED PEOPLE IN QUEUES
5. CHILD TAX SUPPORT FOR YOUR KID UPTO 18
6. GOVERNMENT DOLES AND FREE HOUSING/LEGAL SERVICES IF YOU ARE UNEMPLOYED OR MEDICALLY IMPAIRED TO WORK
7. 100% UPTIME ELECTRICITY, GAS, WATER, CABLE, PHONE ETC ETC
8. 911 EMERGENCY SERVICE (YOU HAVE TO EXPERIENCE IT AT WORK)
9. BEST HOSPITALS IN CRITICAL CARE AND SURGERIES
10. PROMPT DISASTER MANAGEMENT SERVICES
11. LESS CORRUPT POLICING AND JUDICIARY
12. DISCIPLINED ELECTION CAMPAINING (COMPARE THAT WITH BACK HOME)
13. PROMPT SERVICES IN GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS (GET THE HINT ?? ;) )

THIS IS ONLY TO NAME A FEW....NEED I SAY MORE ??

Good Luck to u all. Be Positive and it pays Smiley

YOUR POST HAS MORE OF A DEJECTED OVERTONE THAN A POSITIVE TONE. I DO HOPE YOU FIND SUCCESS SOON. BELIEVE ME, INSPITE OF ALL THE VENOM IN THE LINKS YOU HIGHLIGHTED, CANADA IS NOT REALLY A BAD PLACE TO LIVE AND WORK IN. IF TORONTO IS NOT TREATING YOU WELL, CALGARY/EDMONTON/VANCOUVER/SASKACHEWAN SURELY WILL. TRY IT !!
Very well said, Dada !

Some more, if u permit:
1. Free Legal Aid [Lawyer] - to represent u in the courts, if need be & u can't afford [where else in the globe?].
2. Assured Pension after 65, whether u worked or not.
3. Prescription Drugs also get to be free after 65 [the time when we need them the most].
4. In medical emergency they'd perform the best surgical procedures & won't let u go home till u r FIT. All for FREE!
5. U can legally challenge a Police Case [incl traffic tkts] - and win it too !
6. Most newcomers purchase their homes in 1-2yrs... many within 6-8 months as well... I did! -think about our homeland, could we?
7. Quality newsprint@your door - for FREE.
8. TTC Bus@your door - if u r sick or physically challenged [no where else in the world!].
9. Hefty Tax Rebate for MHA cases [Mental Health].
10. Partial GST [good amount] returned on Tax Filing [which other Govt. would?].
11. About $4-6000 [gifted!] to u, to a newcomer, in one go, after filing the CTB [within 4 weeks].
12. First time home buyer's rebate [which other nation does, incl our homeland?].
13. Unemployment Insurance -- monthly allowance/s being actually disbursed to u!
14. Unhindered access to your MP, if a need so arises - & s/he would actually work for u!

When u need [any of] these, then u know what the value of these mean... how the system tilts towards u - for your cause !!!

Qorax