Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Dear All,

Those of you who are gainfully employed in home countries, please do not feel very elated about the economic situation in Canada.

Please read reports and educate yourself about the possibilities of employment and the emotional impacts of the long wait for a job.

This is not an attempt to block your ambitions or to dissuade those who are young and adventurous.
Globalization is just bringing many opportunities to the Third World and social and psychological benefits of being with a larger extended family are immense.

Let this thread research and expose for the sake of wider undersatnding.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
Dear All,

Those of you who are gainfully employed in home countries, please do not feel very elated about the economic situation in Canada.

Please read reports and educate yourself about the possibilities of employment and the emotional impacts of the long wait for a job.

This is not an attempt to block your ambitions or to dissuade those who are young and adventurous.
Globalization is just bringing many opportunities to the Third World and social and psychological benefits of being with a larger extended family are immense.

Very rightly said Honolulu.

Everyone is need to analyze & realize their environments, decision impact on their family, & future settings/goals before deciding to apply. I know many do that but still there are people who just believes that Canada is the only paradise on earth. And ofcourse, emerging nations always have more opportunities to grow faster than in developed countries where competition is too much.

BROADMINDEDNESS & UNBIASED APPROACH IS THE KEY TO MAKE RIGHT DECISIONS ALWAYS.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
I too agree. We need to make informed decisions and such decisions are very big decisions, so we definitely need to do a lot of research before we apply.

Good Luck to all

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
How many of us are in touch with Canadian social and economic realities before making the plunge?

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
I would urge already landed members to participate in this thread and share their experiences. It might be the view of one person others may differ. Life is not a bed of roses anywhere. You have to face lot of difficulties when you start from scratch. Already landed guys can better portray the picture.

Robindesbois

Feb 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Honolulu,

I also agree with you. I can share an experience with all of you. The experience is that one of my cousin had left for Canada two months ago. Still, she and her husband did not find any job there. However, she was an accountant in an well reputed company and Her husband was an engineer in their home country. Moreover, they are facing a lots of problem when they apply for Job. Presently, they are fade up about their future in Canada. I personally contact with them regularly as well as encourage them not to come back. I don't know what will happen who are waiting for Canadian Visa. Therefore, I want to tell everybody think again before apply.

Robin

S

shibuya

Everybody when they get their Visas get excited and leave their jobs etc and just rush to get in Canada which I feel is wrong.
People have a good option to comeback after doing landing formalities and move later on in say a year or 2 and inbetween continue with their old job and try to do their homework like for example ur job is regulated and u need to do a Canadian exam to get a licence to practice there then sit and do that homework and then move with the licence on hand so that ur hard earned money just does not drain out in Canada.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Honolulu said:
Dear All,

Hi Honolulu,
good thread, we need to hear more from those who are inside Canada. We outside can not say anything, since we are only guessing.

Thanks for starting this thread.

monaliza

Apr 14, 2011
shibuya said:
Everybody when they get their Visas get excited and leave their jobs etc and just rush to get in Canada which I feel is wrong.
People have a good option to comeback after doing landing formalities and move later on in say a year or 2 and inbetween continue with their old job and try to do their homework like for example ur job is regulated and u need to do a Canadian exam to get a licence to practice there then sit and do that homework and then move with the licence on hand so that ur hard earned money just does not drain out in Canada.
I totally agree with your elaboration. Anyway, the beginnings are not easy; however with good planning that period could be shortened

IYNGR_75

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibuya said:
Rightly put, Shibuya.

I think the better option for those like me who dont have clear visibility to employment in our domains should take a short break from their current jobs, complete landing formalities and come back to their regular jobs, and continue looking for jobs in Canada. Not sure how viable it is, but it surely beats staying jobless for a few months or doing odd jobs to meet ends.

Most of us would have comfortable (and well paying jobs, I would guess) so it would be wise to explore all options possible.

Cheers

B

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
Something about Canadian society
http://www.tvo.org/cfmx/tvoorg/theagenda/index.cfm?page_id=7&bpn=779942&ts=2011-01-27%2020:00:00.0

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
Read the basis upon which immigration policies are decided and the debates afterwards:

http://www.immigrationreform.ca/immigration-myths-canada.shtml

wicky

Feb 27, 2011
LONDON UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
awaiting
Interview........
awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
But what if you are fed up with your country's regardless it is developed, developing or under developed.

Once I read that "A man is poor because he is poor"
this is called vicious circle of poverty.

Every one has the right to live freely and to enjoy their lives.
Not only Financial and Social matters are important to live happily in your home country but Politics, Terrorism, Culture, Respect for one, Respect for talent, Return for hard work, Reward, Unemployment, Per Capita Income etc all these things matter.

What if you are an executive or director of a well known company in your country BUT the system forces you to do wrong deeds/ things and without doing so you are not going to survive. It is the culture that you do take bribe, speak the lie etc to keep you running. The rich gets richer and richer and the poor gets poorer and poorer.
The rich are famous and they have approach. But the poor is hardworking, honest, noble, and caring for humanity but no one listens to the poor and the law is different for both of them. The law is not approachable for the poor and it is the door servant of the rich.

As compare to the above situation if the rich and poor are equal in the eyes of law and one is working hard, doing some labor job he gets the same treatment as a rich gets.

Imagine if opportunities were available in you home country should you have chosen to immigrate???
No one leaves his country but to find peace of mind, respect, equal reward etc.
I pray to Almighty God, "Bring the day on earth when every body gets the reward for what he does, equally" AAMEEN

Thanks to all and Almighty God Bless you all.
Wicky

BrettSan

Apr 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats why I recommend contacting Arrival Canada who can find the right solutions for you.

samar123

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2011
AOR Received.
08-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011 In process: 8-6-2012
Med's Request
14-7-2012
Med's Done....
6-8-2012 Delivered to LVO: 21-8-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1: 15-3-2013 PPR2: 25-3-2013
wicky said:
But what if you are fed up with your country's regardless it is developed, developing or under developed.

Once I read that "A man is poor because he is poor"
this is called vicious circle of poverty.

Every one has the right to live freely and to enjoy their lives.
Not only Financial and Social matters are important to live happily in your home country but Politics, Terrorism, Culture, Respect for one, Respect for talent, Return for hard work, Reward, Unemployment, Per Capita Income etc all these things matter.

What if you are an executive or director of a well known company in your country BUT the system forces you to do wrong deeds/ things and without doing so you are not going to survive. It is the culture that you do take bribe, speak the lie etc to keep you running. The rich gets richer and richer and the poor gets poorer and poorer.
The rich are famous and they have approach. But the poor is hardworking, honest, noble, and caring for humanity but no one listens to the poor and the law is different for both of them. The law is not approachable for the poor and it is the door servant of the rich.

As compare to the above situation if the rich and poor are equal in the eyes of law and one is working hard, doing some labor job he gets the same treatment as a rich gets.

Imagine if opportunities were available in you home country should you have chosen to immigrate???
No one leaves his country but to find peace of mind, respect, equal reward etc.
I pray to Almighty God, "Bring the day on earth when every body gets the reward for what he does, equally" AAMEEN

Thanks to all and Almighty God Bless you all.
Wicky
Very well said Wicky........there are many other factors as well.+1