+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The 430-437 club! Let's strategize here!

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
This is correct. If you get at least CLB7 in all four abilities, you may add 30 points.
Thank you and @dodogirl for the replies. This is what I wanted to know, what is the break-up of maximum points which can be obtained through French as second language. I understand it'll be extremely difficult to go beyond CLB5 (or even to reach that), but at least good to know the maximum possible target!
In 2016, when I first thought about immigration to Canada and sought help from a colleague who already got PR, he did my possible CRS calculation by assuming CLB9 in IELTS and it was well below cut-off. In 2017, I didn't even look into it. When I started the process again this year, I realized that CLB 10 can give 12 additional points over CLB9, and I scored it in first attempt! So, lesson learnt: always know the maximum achievement possible before starting any process :)

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
Thank you and @dodogirl for the replies. This is what I wanted to know, what is the break-up of maximum points which can be obtained through French as second language. I understand it'll be extremely difficult to go beyond CLB5 (or even to reach that), but at least good to know the maximum possible target!
In 2016, when I first thought about immigration to Canada and sought help from a colleague who already got PR, he did my possible CRS calculation by assuming CLB9 in IELTS and it was well below cut-off. In 2017, I didn't even look into it. When I started the process again this year, I realized that CLB 10 can give 12 additional points over CLB9, and I scored it in first attempt! So, lesson learnt: always know the maximum achievement possible before starting any process :)
Yes, 30 points is the bonus. And there is also another important factor... if you reach CLB 7, you may be elegible for the FSSW stream (Ontario PNP). So, it is a good plan B for long term. Is it difficult? yes, but it is better to start learning, it could help you in future ;)

How much time to learn it depends of many factors, like how much time you are investing, if you are taking intensive private lessons and also each person ability for learning languages.

Reactions: lightning_crashes

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
Exactly. I did the same. We have to use our own brains for critical things and take others valuable inputs as inputs only and make up our own mind at the end...

tushar12333

Star Member
May 26, 2018
NOC Code......
I had appeard for ielts L - 8/ S - 7/6.5/6.5 and now my CRS score is around 380. I am going to appear for the next Ielts to get 7 in writting and reading.
My question is -
Should I start my express entry profile and submit the profile? And later as soon as i get 8777 in ielts, i update my score and reach 445.

Or should i wait for 8777 to enter the pool?

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I had appeard for ielts L - 8/ S - 7/6.5/6.5 and now my CRS score is around 380. I am going to appear for the next Ielts to get 7 in writting and reading.
My question is -
Should I start my express entry profile and submit the profile? And later as soon as i get 8777 in ielts, i update my score and reach 445.

Or should i wait for 8777 to enter the pool?
To add to what @lightning_crashes said, as soon as you enter the pool, your early profile creation date may help you later in case of a tie-breaker. Enter the pool as soon as mandatory IELTS and ECA are ready.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Yes, 30 points is the bonus. And there is also another important factor... if you reach CLB 7, you may be elegible for the FSSW stream (Ontario PNP). So, it is a good plan B for long term. Is it difficult? yes, but it is better to start learning, it could help you in future ;)

How much time to learn it depends of many factors, like how much time you are investing, if you are taking intensive private lessons and also each person ability for learning languages.
Thanks for the explanation! So I can have minimum 4 points if I can score CLB5 in all 4 sections, and 30 points if I can score CLB7 in all 4 (plus the advantage for Ontario FSSW). Is there anything in between, like if I can get CLB7 in Reading and Listening, and CLB5 in Writing and Speaking? I ask because 4 points will probably not be enough for me.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Thanks for the explanation! So I can have minimum 4 points if I can score CLB5 in all 4 sections, and 30 points if I can score CLB7 in all 4 (plus the advantage for Ontario FSSW). Is there anything in between, like if I can get CLB7 in Reading and Listening, and CLB5 in Writing and Speaking? I ask because 4 points will probably not be enough for me.

For clb 9 in each module you. Score. 6 points
For clb 7 you get 3 points
For clb 5 you win 1 point.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Yeah that's the problem...a branch of the company that you work for in ur current country has a affiliate in Canada that's hiring youthen I heard it's lmia exempt. It's called intra company transfer.
For getting any job directly in Canada from outland, is LMIA mandatory? Or are there some exceptions? My NOCs are 2171 and 0213. In case one is able to go to Canada on a project basis from their current company, and it's not really a payroll transfer, will it still help to gain the 35 points after completion of 1 year?

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
For getting any job directly in Canada from outland, is LMIA mandatory? Or are there some exceptions? My NOCs are 2171 and 0213. In case one is able to go to Canada on a project basis from their current company, and it's not really a payroll transfer, will it still help to gain the 35 points after completion of 1 year?
Yes I think so. This is what I'm betting on also

I'm planning to go for a job on work visa and take one year experience. That will give 35 points

Yes there are jobs that don't need lmia. Just Google lmia exceptions and you will find in forums and in CIC website also