+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The 430-437 club! Let's strategize here!

Abhishek.s1990

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
My score is 438 .Misse dout if a tie breaker mine was May and tie breaker was April score expires in Nov 2019. Do I stamd a chance in pnp or direct ita

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
I loved "...Let's strategise here.." in the name of this thread.. Well, not much can be done if CRS is a little low except waiting for the lucky draw

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I loved "...Let's strategise here.." in the name of this thread.. Well, not much can be done if CRS is a little low except waiting for the lucky draw
Disagree, lot of things can be done depending on the situation.
1. Retake IELTS to score CLB10 in all sections if not already achieved - fastest way to boost CRS
2. Enrol in a 1-year distance PG diploma if you've only Bachelor's degree - you can finish some of them even in 6 months
3. Start learning French to score at least 4 points with CLB5 in all sections, and upto 42 if you can somehow get CLB7 in all sections

Personally, I was initially at 433 with myself as PA in July 2018. Then strategised to make my wife as PA and she scored CLB10 after 2 attempts. Still we were at 437 in August as WES had evaluated her BA+MA degrees as Bachelor + 1 Year PG diploma. Then sent the transcripts again to IQAS and waited for almost 4 months. Meantime I had started learning French a little. Once IQAS provided Masters ECA in early November, we moved up to 444 and were very confident about ITA. But the 2 draws in November came at 449 & 445 and then we lost 5 points due to Birthday in December. That was crushing! Another blow was the 19th Dec back-to-back draw where we had 439 (the draw score) but lost out to tie-break date. Still did not give up and started exploring PNPs in January. Got OINP NOI on 15th Jan and then thankfully got the direct ITA on 30 Jan back-to-back draw.
So, my point is keep trying and hope for a bit of luck somewhere! This is a long journey, patience and perseverance are key :)

Rohit Chhabra

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Disagree, lot of things can be done depending on the situation.
1. Retake IELTS to score CLB10 in all sections if not already achieved - fastest way to boost CRS
2. Enrol in a 1-year distance PG diploma if you've only Bachelor's degree - you can finish some of them even in 6 months
3. Start learning French to score at least 4 points with CLB5 in all sections, and upto 42 if you can somehow get CLB7 in all sections

Personally, I was initially at 433 with myself as PA in July 2018. Then strategised to make my wife as PA and she scored CLB10 after 2 attempts. Still we were at 437 in August as WES had evaluated her BA+MA degrees as Bachelor + 1 Year PG diploma. Then sent the transcripts again to IQAS and waited for almost 4 months. Meantime I had started learning French a little. Once IQAS provided Masters ECA in early November, we moved up to 444 and were very confident about ITA. But the 2 draws in November came at 449 & 445 and then we lost 5 points due to Birthday in December. That was crushing! Another blow was the 19th Dec back-to-back draw where we had 439 (the draw score) but lost out to tie-break date. Still did not give up and started exploring PNPs in January. Got OINP NOI on 15th Jan and then thankfully got the direct ITA on 30 Jan back-to-back draw.
So, my point is keep trying and hope for a bit of luck somewhere! This is a long journey, patience and perseverance are key :)
Wow! amazing journey man! Agree with your response, however in point# 2, it should be a 1-year full-time course as you need to be physically present for more than 8 months.