+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

lekshmipiriya

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Hello Asivad & other seniors,

I have to invite my mother-in-law to Canada for my delivery(dated July 2016). My husband is on PGWP, and I have got OWP. We both have our WP valid until Jan 2017. My husband is the only earning person and am not working for the past 1.5 years. We applied for our PR under CEC (OINP) in Dec 2015 & waiting for AOR and further steps.

Can anyone help me about the procedure to invite my mother-in-law here to Canada (Mississauga, ON)?

If anyone know any threads regarding this in our forum please do help me.

Thanks,
Lekshmi

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dedu dedu said:
Thank you for your reply Asivad

what about my spouse? Do i have to say yes to both questions or no in the same section in spouse application section?

Regards.
Does your spouse have visa refusals in their past? If yes, answer Yes to both questions for them as well.

dedu dedu

Feb 21, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Does your spouse have visa refusals in their past? If yes, answer Yes to both questions for them as well.
I think i couldn't explain it correctly, my first PR application is rejected and he is my accompanying spouse.

and as you know there is a statutory question section for me and accompanying spouse seperately as well, so i choose "yes" for my side what about for my accompanying spouse?

I'm first applicant if i got rejection, my accompanying spouse did get rejected automatically?

Regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dedu dedu said:
I think i couldn't explain it correctly, my first PR application is rejected and he is my accompanying spouse.

and as you know there is a statutory question section for me and accompanying spouse seperately as well, so i choose "yes" for my side what about for my accompanying spouse?

I'm first applicant if i got rejection, my accompanying spouse did get rejected automatically?

Regards
Not really, the PA was refused not the supporting applicants themselves. But no harm in answering Yes even in that case.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Asivad,

I am not accompanying my spouse with me, I have few questions in my mind:

1. Does she need to sign anywhere on OINP application form (as a non-accompanying spouse)?
2. She is having her old name and address on her passport. Do I need to get it changed?
3. For her PCC, what would be the procedure? Is it okay to mention her old address only while getting PCC done?
4. I am living out of India, If I get my PCC done from Embassy of India then Do I need to wait till whole processing is complete before making any visit to India?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prashantduggal said:
Asivad,

I am not accompanying my spouse with me, I have few questions in my mind:

1. Does she need to sign anywhere on OINP application form (as a non-accompanying spouse)?

Not having done this myself, cannot comment for sure. Does it ask for their signature anywhere?

2. She is having her old name and address on her passport. Do I need to get it changed?

Not required.

3. For her PCC, what would be the procedure? Is it okay to mention her old address only while getting PCC done?

Yes.

4. I am living out of India, If I get my PCC done from Embassy of India then Do I need to wait till whole processing is complete before making any visit to India?

Wait at least till you submit your post ITA application.

Thanks

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Hello Asivad,

I need your opinion on this for the last time... You have really helped me with some major issues. Thanks alot!

After receiving PPR email... I had raised a CSE and also emailed CIC explaining the whole situation that I am a resident of Qatar now which is different from my home country and my wife is with me now in Qatar on a visit visa and she will be here until the time we fly for Canada. So I requested them to enable us to submit passport in Abu Dhabi VO (as all qatar residents are stamped by ADVO). I am yet to receive any response from CIC directly.

Out of curiosity, I went to the VFS office in Doha, Qatar last week and explained them my situation and asked them if they can send our passports for stamping to ADVO. They said it is not a normal case and they needed to check with the Canada Office or some office before taking our passports so they simply took a photocopy of the first page of the PPR email ( which include my Application# and UCI#).

Today, the VFS office Qatar called me and informed me that they have received confirmation from some Immigration Office that they will be able to take my and my spouse's passport for stamping. They will send it to ADVO. Then, I told her that I still didn't get a confirmation email from CIC post my CSE and email to them so shouldn't I wait for their response before submitting our passports to you. She said "that is not required anymore, as I have confirmation from the main immigration office."

Do you think I should go ahead and submit our passports to VFS ? or should we wait for an official communication from CIC?

Thanks alot for your help!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wifiwifey said:
Hello Asivad,

I need your opinion on this for the last time... You have really helped me with some major issues. Thanks alot!

After receiving PPR email... I had raised a CSE and also emailed CIC explaining the whole situation that I am a resident of Qatar now which is different from my home country and my wife is with me now in Qatar on a visit visa and she will be here until the time we fly for Canada. So I requested them to enable us to submit passport in Abu Dhabi VO (as all qatar residents are stamped by ADVO). I am yet to receive any response from CIC directly.

Out of curiosity, I went to the VFS office in Doha, Qatar last week and explained them my situation and asked them if they can send our passports for stamping to ADVO. They said it is not a normal case and they needed to check with the Canada Office or some office before taking our passports so they simply took a photocopy of the first page of the PPR email ( which include my Application# and UCI#).

Today, the VFS office Qatar called me and informed me that they have received confirmation from some Immigration Office that they will be able to take my and my spouse's passport for stamping. They will send it to ADVO. Then, I told her that I still didn't get a confirmation email from CIC post my CSE and email to them so shouldn't I wait for their response before submitting our passports to you. She said "that is not required anymore, as I have confirmation from the main immigration office."

Do you think I should go ahead and submit our passports to VFS ? or should we wait for an official communication from CIC?

Thanks alot for your help!
As your PPR came through just last week, you can probably wait for a couple of weeks to see if there is any response from IRCC. If you don't hear from them by then, submit your passports at VFS.

Isaiah4031

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-May-2016 (NBPNP AOR)
Nomination.....
19-July-2016
AOR Received.
12-Sep-2016 (CIC AOR)
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2016
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-Nov-2016
Hi Asivad Anac,

Regarding NBPNP, it says to provide all pages of passport, color copies if possible. It doesn't indicate that colored copies is a "must have". Is it ok if we send only black and white photocopies as long as it is clear or legible?

Thank you.

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
Hi Asivad,

I'm trying to apply for my brother in EE. I'm getting job offer from employer with LIMIA so that I can apply for him in EE category to get into fast PR process. But I have some doubts which I need answer for.

1. Job offer from Canadian employer as a Food Supervisor or Cook? it's a fast food chain.
2. Brother is not in Canada and never had Canadian experience so will that work?
3. His IELTS score is only 5.5 will that work?
4. Does he have to show money to come to Canada? he is single and no dependent.

Sorry really dumb questions but I'm new to this EE thing and don't know much about it.

Thank You!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Isaiah4031 said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

Regarding NBPNP, it says to provide all pages of passport, color copies if possible. It doesn't indicate that colored copies is a "must have". Is it ok if we send only black and white photocopies as long as it is clear or legible?

Thank you.
Yes.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pamma97 said:
Hi Asivad,

I'm trying to apply for my brother in EE. I'm getting job offer from employer with LIMIA so that I can apply for him in EE category to get into fast PR process. But I have some doubts which I need answer for.

1. Job offer from Canadian employer as a Food Supervisor or Cook? it's a fast food chain.

Job offer has to be supported by a positive LMIA.

2. Brother is not in Canada and never had Canadian experience so will that work?

Canadian experience isn't mandatory.

3. His IELTS score is only 5.5 will that work?

For FSW, they will need at least 6 in each section.

4. Does he have to show money to come to Canada? he is single and no dependent.

If they have an LMIA supported job offer, No.

Sorry really dumb questions but I'm new to this EE thing and don't know much about it.

Thank You!