+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got the schedule A request today. They asked me to fill one section. Do i need to fill all sections or just a section they specifically asked?

Thank You!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivekforbes said:
I got the schedule A request today. They asked me to fill one section. Do i need to fill all sections or just a section they specifically asked?

Thank You!
Just what is asked.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
damien86 said:
Dear Asivad,

Do you think ordering GCMS notes plenty of times (4-5 times) gives an annoying impression on the officers? Just wondering your personal thoughts
Probably not. The case officer doesn't process GCMS requests so it doesn't cost them anything in terms of time or effort. Plus it is your legal right to ask for notes whenever you want. Having said that, 4-5 requests spread over 4-5 months isn't nearly as frustrating (and useful) as the same number of requests spread over 2 months. So people should not take the system for granted.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad.

I have a problem filling the Schedule A. I have visa refusal before (US B1B2 visa, and refused Canadian student visa for first time)

In my application there are two questions about statutory question.

1. Has (applicant name) you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has (applicant name) ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

I answered Yes to the both questions.

However, in schedule A, question 2 is slightly different from PR application.

1. been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including... or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or other country?

2. been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?

I answered Yes to first question, but second question, i never denied the entry or ordered to leave the country. What should i select for question 2?

Also, what do i need to fill for the question (Your full name written in your native language or script)?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivekforbes said:
Thanks Asivad.

I have a problem filling the Schedule A. I have visa refusal before (US B1B2 visa, and refused Canadian student visa for first time)

In my application there are two questions about statutory question.

1. Has (applicant name) you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has (applicant name) ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

I answered Yes to the both questions.

However, in schedule A, question 2 is slightly different from PR application.

1. been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including... or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or other country?

2. been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?

I answered Yes to first question, but second question, i never denied the entry or ordered to leave the country. What should i select for question 2?

Also, what do i need to fill for the question (Your full name written in your native language or script)?
Answer No to the 2nd question. You don't have to input anything for that native language question.

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Thank you very much... I will wait for 15 days..

Asivad Anac said:
Typically 4 to 15 days.

damien86

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Probably not. The case officer doesn't process GCMS requests so it doesn't cost them anything in terms of time or effort. Plus it is your legal right to ask for notes whenever you want. Having said that, 4-5 requests spread over 4-5 months isn't nearly as frustrating (and useful) as the same number of requests spread over 2 months. So people should not take the system for granted.
thanks very much!

dedu dedu

Feb 21, 2015
Hello Asivad Anac,

My first PR application was rejected for being incomplete (police certificate).

now i got ITA again and i'm in application process.

There are 2 questions in "Statutory Questions" section which are;

Has X you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

AND

Has X ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Should i answer YES to these questions? If yes, should i make an explanation in my Letter of Explanation since there is no explanation box appears after choosing "yes" in "Statutory Questions" section?

Thank you in advance

regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dedu dedu said:
Hello Asivad Anac,

My first PR application was rejected for being incomplete (police certificate).

now i got ITA again and i'm in application process.

There are 2 questions in "Statutory Questions" section which are;

Has X you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

AND

Has X ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Should i answer YES to these questions? If yes, should i make an explanation in my Letter of Explanation since there is no explanation box appears after choosing "yes" in "Statutory Questions" section?

Thank you in advance

regards
Answer Yes to both these questions. You will receive a Schedule A request later in the process wherein you will be given an opportunity to explain this further - you can choose to add in a short explanation upfront as well.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Asivad,

Do we need "Police Clearance Certificates" for dependents (like spouse) as well, who are not accompanying?

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Asivad Anac said:
Alright !

I was checking this link - www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp and found below:

2. Police certificates
To immigrate to Canada, you and any family members 18 and older must include their police certificates as part of the application for permanent residence.

Now repeating same question: If dependent is not coming then how can they be part of application? If I go by above then Do I need to get PCC for all my family members?

dedu dedu

Feb 21, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Answer Yes to both these questions. You will receive a Schedule A request later in the process wherein you will be given an opportunity to explain this further - you can choose to add in a short explanation upfront as well.
Thank you for your reply Asivad

what about my spouse? Do i have to say yes to both questions or no in the same section in spouse application section?

Regards.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prashantduggal said:
Alright !

I was checking this link - www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp and found below:

2. Police certificates
To immigrate to Canada, you and any family members 18 and older must include their police certificates as part of the application for permanent residence.

Now repeating same question: If dependent is not coming then how can they be part of application? If I go by above then Do I need to get PCC for all my family members?
Whether the dependent(s) accompany you or not, you are required to provide their PCC(s) and medicals.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Asivad Anac said:
Whether the dependent(s) accompany you or not, you are required to provide their PCC(s) and medicals.
Thank you!!