+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TFW to LIVE IN CAREGIVER..

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
mylady833 said:
If you have 6 months caregiving certificate then you can apply as live in caregiver. My sister entered canada as food counter attendant then applied under live in caregiver after a year. She now works as a caregiver and will be applying her PR soon. But you need to apply for your work permit outside Canada.
Hi mylady833< is your sister has an experienced or related to a caregiving or nannying back in Philippines? Because i don't have related experienced in caregiver only my 6 months caregiver certificate, an and i'm worried of my application still on the process. Thank you in advance for your response.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
grafe said:
Hi mylady833< is your sister has an experienced or related to a caregiving or nannying back in Philippines? Because i don't have related experienced in caregiver only my 6 months caregiver certificate, an and i'm worried of my application still on the process. Thank you in advance for your response.
My sister have more than 3 years experience as Caretaker in Taiwan. She dont a formal 6 months training. Dont worry because it is either you have a 6 months training OR a 1 year full time paid experience. Goodluck!

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
Thank you so much for the quick reply mylady833! that's helped me a lot. :)all i need is just to wait the result of my application. :)

benique

Apr 22, 2014
kattarrina said:
Hi benique,

Do you have some new from the embassy?

I'm in a same situation.
I just have a reference letter and they asked for additional proof.
I just got the interview invitation so can you please tell me about the questions they asked you?
I'll go to the interview next week and I have no idea what to expect.

Thank you in advance :)

Hi!

Yes, unfortunately my application was refused. Be careful everyone, it has a huge chance of being rejected, if you have only a letter.
The woman said that's not enough proof. She only asked about my experience. I told everything about the boy, the family, but no aval.

Anyway, but that's it.

Can I ask where are you from and where did you applied? Let's tell some about your interview!

Thanks and good luck!

Eikram

Apr 21, 2014
Hi mylady833, long time no hear from u..ask ko lang po, may tumawag kasi sa akin ang agency na inapplayan ko sa Vancouver(online). She asked me to go to vancouver for the interview with the soon to be my employer. Worried lang ako if in case pupunta ako dun then indi ma satisfied ang employer ko sa interview, sayang naman ang effort di ba? May ganung case ba talaga? Any opinion pls..

mav2115

Apr 26, 2014
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here.I just want to ask if LIC program takes 39 months to process... I'm from the Phils. I have a Canadian employer who wants to hire me as caregiver for his mother. I have almost 8 years of experience working as caregiver for the elderlies here in the Phils.. But my Canadian employer is hesitant to hire me because he knew that the processing take so long... He said that 39 months are too long, for his mother needs to be taken care of as soon as possible. He is assuming that after more than 3 years the person who wants to be taken care of will be dead. But from what I have read from some of the posts here, it seems that the processing time were just 3 or 4 months to get a working permit... I'm confuse... any help... Thanks :'(

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Eikram said:
Hi mylady833, long time no hear from u..ask ko lang po, may tumawag kasi sa akin ang agency na inapplayan ko sa Vancouver(online). She asked me to go to vancouver for the interview with the soon to be my employer. Worried lang ako if in case pupunta ako dun then indi ma satisfied ang employer ko sa interview, sayang naman ang effort di ba? May ganung case ba talaga? Any opinion pls..
Nilagay mo ba sa application mo na that you are willing to meet them in person for an interview? Interviews can be done din by phone lalo na if medyo malayo. Ano ba type of care? I will PM you of some interview questions ng employer but i need to know kung anong klase ang aalagaan mo? Is it elder care, people with disability?

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
mav2115 said:
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here.I just want to ask if LIC program takes 39 months to process... I'm from the Phils. I have a Canadian employer who wants to hire me as caregiver for his mother. I have almost 8 years of experience working as caregiver for the elderlies here in the Phils.. But my Canadian employer is hesitant to hire me because he knew that the processing take so long... He said that 39 months are too long, for his mother needs to be taken care of as soon as possible. He is assuming that after more than 3 years the person who wants to be taken care of will be dead. But from what I have read from some of the posts here, it seems that the processing time were just 3 or 4 months to get a working permit... I'm confuse... any help... Thanks :'(
Your employer is right mga ganun ang time line ng processing ng visa sa Pinas. Yung sinasabi mo na nabasa mo sa ibang post na 3-4 months ibang klase ng work permit yung, it could be for temporary work permit not for Live in caregiver. That is why mas mabilis kung mag aaply ka muna ng work sa ibang bansa like hongkong or taiwan and doon ka mag exit. Galing ako ng taiwan that time nung nag apply kami ng kapatid ko 1 month lang processing. Ngayon lahat ng application sa taiwan sa hongkong na pinoprocess so inaabot na rin ng 4 - 6 months pero di hamak na mas mabilis pa rin kesa sa Pinas. goodluck!

mav2115

Apr 26, 2014
Hi Maylady, thanks a lot for your reply..... now I have an idea...I'm planning for a tour in Singapore to apply for TWP in Canada but i'm not sure what type of job I'm qualified for TWP na mabilis ang processing tulad ng ginawa nyo ng kapatid mo. Nag apply ba muna kayo ng kapatid mo ng work sa Taiwan bago kyo ng apply ng TWP for Canada... thanks again :)

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
mav2115 said:
Hi Maylady, thanks a lot for your reply..... now I have an idea...I'm planning for a tour in Singapore to apply for TWP in Canada but i'm not sure what type of job I'm qualified for TWP na mabilis ang processing tulad ng ginawa nyo ng kapatid mo. Nag apply ba muna kayo ng kapatid mo ng work sa Taiwan bago kyo ng apply ng TWP for Canada... thanks again :)
Yes we both applied for a job sa taiwan, we are both caretakers, ako nag alaga ng mag asawang matanda, my sister same din. I applied online sa jobbank, got hired direct ng employer no cost at all for me kasi sinagot lahat ng employer. My sister got an LMO as food counter attendant sa Calgary. After 1 year ng sister ko as FCA she applied as live in caregiver inside canada, she is now working under LIC and will be applying her PR soon. I dont think you can apply for a TWP if mag tour ka lang. I think you need to be a residing in the country for at least a year para makapag apply ka for TWP and if i am not mistaken it takes 22 months sa SG processing ng VIsa. So wala ring pinagkaiba sa Pinas di ba?

Eikram

Apr 21, 2014
Ala naman akong nai submit sa kanya na application form aside sa resume,bcertfcte,pictures. Elderly nya ako ipapasok un nga po she wants me to go to vancouver for the interview ng employer. It takes time ho kasi ang pag punta dun from edmonton to vancouver. It seems like alang assurance. The reason why im really confused of this thing. I dont know what to expect there when i get there. Mag feferry pa ata to get there.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Eikram said:
Ala naman akong nai submit sa kanya na application form aside sa resume,bcertfcte,pictures. Elderly nya ako ipapasok un nga po she wants me to go to vancouver for the interview ng employer. It takes time ho kasi ang pag punta dun from edmonton to vancouver. It seems like alang assurance. The reason why im really confused of this thing. I dont know what to expect there when i get there. Mag feferry pa ata to get there.
Anong site ba yan? You can find an employer dyan sa edmonton. I have a friend he is a nurse in the phils he was able to get a nanny job dyan sa edmonton, then the employer cannot afford to pay him anymore kc nalay off employer nya naghanap sya sa kijiji and was hired. Try kijiji, jobbank filter mo lang na Edmonton area kasi marami namang naghahanap mas lalo na sa caregiver ng person with disability. Need mo mag plane or train to vancouver formyour interview. And you know what they can conduct the interview by phone too lalo na at very inconvenient sayo at this time, gastos and time consuming di pa guaranteed job. My sister was interviewed thru phone from Calgary to Saskatoon. Nagkita lang sila ng employer 1st day nya. Or better yet pwedi rin kamo skype.

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
mav2115 said:
mav2115,

Mabilis na ang processing sa Pinas ngayon compared dito sa UAE. Dati ang mabilis lang sa pinas eh ung ibang work permit..pero now, nakakabigla nga eh even live in care givers 5 to 7 months nalang.

My sister lodged her application as Live in Caregiver through VAC sa Makati (yata) last September 2013. She received an email on Feb 2014 para mag speak test and medical. We are hoping she would receive her visa before end of this month or early June.

Ang tanong ko lang...if meron dito who can help enlighten us. Kung ma-issue na ang visa nia..pwede ba cia mag exit sa Dubai para hindi na cia mag POLO/OWWA?

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
cookie27 said:
mav2115,

Mabilis na ang processing sa Pinas ngayon compared dito sa UAE. Dati ang mabilis lang sa pinas eh ung ibang work permit..pero now, nakakabigla nga eh even live in care givers 5 to 7 months nalang.

My sister lodged her application as Live in Caregiver through VAC sa Makati (yata) last September 2013. She received an email on Feb 2014 para mag speak test and medical. We are hoping she would receive her visa before end of this month or early June.

Ang tanong ko lang...if meron dito who can help enlighten us. Kung ma-issue na ang visa nia..pwede ba cia mag exit sa Dubai para hindi na cia mag POLO/OWWA?
this is from another post, the pattern is same as your question.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-permit-t202398.0.html

mav2115

Apr 26, 2014

My sister lodged her application as Live in Caregiver through VAC sa Makati (yata) last September 2013. She received an email on Feb 2014 para mag speak test and medical. We are hoping she would receive her visa before end of this month or early

Cookie27,
sounds good kung totoo na mabilis na ang processing ng LCP :)