+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TFW to LIVE IN CAREGIVER..

Eikram

Apr 21, 2014
Good Day to all..
I am a foreign worker here in Canada for almost 2yrs now, my concern is, do i have a chance or am i qualified to apply for the live in caregiver within Canada? I do have certificate of six months caregiving course from the Philippines.

Can you share some of your ideas or something? Thank you and God bless..

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
If you have 6 months caregiving certificate then you can apply as live in caregiver. My sister entered canada as food counter attendant then applied under live in caregiver after a year. She now works as a caregiver and will be applying her PR soon. But you need to apply for your work permit outside Canada.

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
Hi eikram, we are on the same boat. I am from fca and wanted to change my working visa to live in caregiver. I have caregiver certificate but i don't have work experience in caregiving. That is why i'm nervous about the result of my work visa. Hope the result of my application will be positive.I applied mine into new york consulate and waiting for the result. How about yours, where did you applied?

Eikram

Apr 21, 2014
Hi..actually, im still planning to apply for the live in caregiver program hopefully before the year ends. Mylady 833, san nag apply sister mo dito sa canada?

lady_chrisha

Apr 23, 2014
hi I am also a foreign contract worker here in Canada (working as food counter attendant). There is an employer who wants to hire me as their nanny. Is it possible for me to switch my job as nanny?? honestly I don't have yet any experience as paid nanny but I know I can do nanny/caregiver job. Do I still need to take the six months training program??? :(

Thank you for those who want to help me find the right answer. :)

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Eikram said:
Hi..actually, im still planning to apply for the live in caregiver program hopefully before the year ends. Mylady 833, san nag apply sister mo dito sa canada?
Nag apply sya dito www.jobbank.gc.ca pili ka lang kung saang province. Dito sya ngayon sa Saskatoon galing syang Calgary. Nag apply sya ng work permit sa New york then nung dumating yung letter nya na approved sya pumunta lang sya ng US border for flag pooling para makakuha ng work permit. Kailangan kasi na ma examine and ma approved ka ng work permit outside of Canada para maqualify ka for Live in Caregiver program na after 2 years or 24 months pwedi ka na mag apply ng PR. Sayang kasi may nagpapahanap dati sa akin ng lalaking caregiver.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
lady_chrisha said:
hi I am also a foreign contract worker here in Canada (working as food counter attendant). There is an employer who wants to hire me as their nanny. Is it possible for me to switch my job as nanny?? honestly I don't have yet any experience as paid nanny but I know I can do nanny/caregiver job. Do I still need to take the six months training program??? :(

Thank you for those who want to help me find the right answer. :)
Nanny job is also under Live in caregiver program, for this you need a 6 months training certificate or a 1 year paid experience. If you have already open work permit then you can switch job anytime but if you are ob a closed contract then you need to get a new LMO and new work permit.

Eikram

Apr 21, 2014
Wow naman ang galing naman nang sister mo!oo madami sa jobbank.gc.ca pero karamihan kasi babae kinukuha at madalas din silang nagtatanong kung pano e process ung work permit. Naguguluhan nga po ako eh. Di na ba sya pumasok ng US? Salamat sa info mylady833..

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Eikram said:
Wow naman ang galing naman nang sister mo!oo madami sa jobbank.gc.ca pero karamihan kasi babae kinukuha at madalas din silang nagtatanong kung pano e process ung work permit. Naguguluhan nga po ako eh. Di na ba sya pumasok ng US? Salamat sa info mylady833..
Nung na aapproved LMO nya pumunta sila ng border para mag apply ng work permit sana sa border sabi ng officer doon iba kasing program ang LIC so dapat mag apply sya ng work permit outside canada or else di sya maqualify sa program na after 2 years na pwedi na mag aplly for PR. So nag pasa sy ng application ng work permit outside canada, check mo CIC website kung anong office na humahawak ng forwign applications for residents of Canada kasi dati sa Buffalo kaso nag close na. You dont need to go to US physically unless ma tyempuhan ka ng interview na kailangan mo ng transit visa, alam ko madali lang kumuha, medical request will be sent to you and locally lang naman gagawin with instructions naman kung saan ang medical. If ma approved ka may ipapadala sayong sulat na approved ka, yung letter na yun ang dadalhin mo sa border or kung gusto mo umuwing pinas basta need na makuha work permit outside Canada.

Eikram

Apr 21, 2014
Salamat po nang madami sa info na binigay mo sa kin mylady833. Try ko pong maghanap sa jobbank kasi madami dun nag hihire ng caregiver. Salamat uli..

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Eikram said:
Salamat po nang madami sa info na binigay mo sa kin mylady833. Try ko pong maghanap sa jobbank kasi madami dun nag hihire ng caregiver. Salamat uli..
Your welcome and goodluck!!! Mas madali kang mahire if may drivers license so if wala ka pang license kuha ka na ng learner. Maraming naghahanap required minsan na may drivers license.

benique

Apr 22, 2014
Live-in caregiver from Europe

Hi all!

I'm applying for a working visa under the live-in caregiver program.
That's still in process since September 2013.

I was on an interview a few days ago, so I'd like to ask you guys about your experiences and your opinion.

(I applyed with an experience letter of one year as a nanny, without qualification.)

So the officer required the insurance salary (showing the employer) of the one year experience as an additional proof.
I couldn't take it, because I was a college student in that time, so it was paid by my college.

Well, the interview went great, but the lady said that's not so good, that I don't have this proof.

My question is that, do you guys think that the officers will give me the visa only with the reference letter?

Thank you!

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Re: Live-in caregiver from Europe

benique said:
Hi all!

I'm applying for a working visa under the live-in caregiver program.
That's still in process since September 2013.

I was on an interview a few days ago, so I'd like to ask you guys about your experiences and your opinion.

(I applyed with an experience letter of one year as a nanny, without qualification.)

So the officer required the insurance salary (showing the employer) of the one year experience as an additional proof.

I couldn't take it, because I was a college student in that time, so it was paid by my college.

Well, the interview went great, but the lady said that's not so good, that I don't have this proof.

My question is that, do you guys think that the officers will give me the visa only with the reference letter?

Thank you!vgj

It all depends if the officer is satisfied with your reference letter. You will soon know about their decision once you get a letter from them. What you can do for now is just wait and pray. Goodluck! Hopes you get your approval soon

benique

Apr 22, 2014
Re: mylady833

Hi mylady833!

You're right, I have to wait. Anyway thanks a lot for your reply!

Please let me know if anyone is/was in a same or similar situation! Thank you!

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Hi benique,

Do you have some new from the embassy?

I'm in a same situation.
I just have a reference letter and they asked for additional proof.
I just got the interview invitation so can you please tell me about the questions they asked you?
I'll go to the interview next week and I have no idea what to expect.

Thank you in advance :)