+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Day

toto1234

Aug 8, 2012
angomos and ss kindly tell your local office. my timeline is around same like application rec jan 2012 rq may 2012 rq submitted aug 2012 now waiting local office scarborough

Angomos

Oct 8, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My office is Montreal. There were hundreds of test-takers in the waiting room.
The person administering the test session will correct the test in the test room. He/she will put the the corrected test paper in your file. Then, the CIC officer will start calling the test-takers by name for an in-person interview in the office. During the interview, the officer will tell you whether you passed or failed. Good luck on your test. Keep us posted.

Angomos

Oct 8, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The RQ documents are not needed, as some forum members correctly advised. They did not ask about them on the test day.

mtlgold

Aug 14, 2013
Angomos said:
I got a good score on my test today. Questions were super easy. I read the book a couple of times and did some online practice tests a few days before the test day. The interviewing officer did not mention anything about when I'll be invited to the oath. Is it the norm to leave the oath invitation date open or should it be mentioned at the time of interview on the test day? Thanks.
Yes it is normal, i have read a few times people are told when their oath will be right after test, but most are told their file will be passed to a Judge and if all goes well they will be notified of oath. Usually the time frame they specify is 2-4 months after test, for oath.

parkbr

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 30 2012
AOR Received.
May 18 2012
File Transfer...
Jun 4 2012
Med's Request
Aug 1 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 13 2012 (Sent on 16th)
Passport Req..
Oct 29 2012
mtlgold said:
Yes it is normal, i have read a few times people are told when their oath will be right after test, but most are told their file will be passed to a Judge and if all goes well they will be notified of oath. Usually the time frame they specify is 2-4 months after test, for oath.
For those who were told that their oath will be right after the test, did they get such notice in advance or it was just sudden practice at the spot?

Thank you!

ss_ss

Oct 10, 2013
toto1234 said:
angomos and ss kindly tell your local office. my timeline is around same like application rec jan 2012 rq may 2012 rq submitted aug 2012 now waiting local office scarborough
My case transferred to Scarborough from St.Clair.

Time line:

Applied Oct/27 2011
RQ June/20 2012
RQ Package submitted Aug/08/2012
RQ Package received Sep/12/2012
Test letter Sep/03/2013
Test date Sep/18/2013
Oath Oct/31/2013

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Were most of the people speaking French or English?

Angomos said:
The RQ documents are not needed, as some forum members correctly advised. They did not ask about them on the test day.

toto1234

Aug 8, 2012
SS this is great. Kindly tell did you attend any hearing or directly received the test letter?
Did you receive any correspondence after submission of RQ?
I feel good as you submitted application in October 11 and I did in January 12 hope they are calling in que.

parkbr

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 30 2012
AOR Received.
May 18 2012
File Transfer...
Jun 4 2012
Med's Request
Aug 1 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Oct 29 2012
Kingoftherings said:
In my case the give me my Otha invitation letter the same day i passed my test and my interview with the officer
What is your office? I see it being Mississauga from your other posting. Is it?

oh and do they mark the teat at the spot?

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parkbr said:
What is your office? I see it being Mississauga from your other posting. Is it?

oh and do they mark the teat at the spot?
Yes it was mississauga office glen erin and yes the marked the test at the spot and give you the results as well after the interview they called five of us and the man give us the oath day for agust 21 my test day was agust 18

parkbr

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 30 2012
AOR Received.
May 18 2012
File Transfer...
Jun 4 2012
Med's Request
Aug 1 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Oct 29 2012
Kingoftherings said:
Yes it was mississauga office glen erin and yes the marked the test at the spot and give you the results as well after the interview they called five of us and the man give us the oath day for agust 21 my test day was agust 18
So in 3 days, eh?
May I ask how many people were there when you wrote the test?
also how long did the whole process (test, interview, giving out the oath date) take you? I'm somewhat unwell so I want to be prepared.
And what happened to other ppl who didn't get called?
Thank you. :)

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parkbr said:
So in 3 days, eh?
May I ask how many people were there when you wrote the test?
also how long did the whole process (test, interview, giving out the oath date) take you? I'm somewhat unwell so I want to be prepared.
And what happened to other ppl who didn't get called?
Thank you. :)
We were like 40 people doing the test the test for me took about 2 min i got 19 questions from the 20 after we all finished our test they called us for the interview i was the third to be called my interview took about 5 min or so after that they called five of us after that five they called my group of five and told us that we passed and did it well in the interview after that they give me the oath letter agust 21 the oath took about 4 hours from registering in the list to sing the oath paper

parkbr

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 30 2012
AOR Received.
May 18 2012
File Transfer...
Jun 4 2012
Med's Request
Aug 1 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Oct 29 2012
Kingoftherings said:
We were like 40 people doing the test the test for me took about 2 min i got 19 questions from the 20 after we all finished our test they called us for the interview i was the third to be called my interview took about 5 min or so after that they called five of us after that five they called my group of five and told us that we passed and did it well in the interview after that they give me the oath letter agust 21 the oath took about 4 hours from registering in the list to sing the oath paper
I saw this little too late, but thank you so much for the info! =D
I just got back from my test. Test was easy, got 20/20. (I felt like I over-studied.)
However, the interviews were longer - like 10 to 15 minutes per person, and they kinda went through quite thoroughly. They told us that we can go home after the interview and we'll hear about the oath 4-8 weeks just before the test and could be 2-3 months, I was told at the interview.

Now it's the waiting game again. I'm glad I am done with the test though.

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parkbr said:
I saw this little too late, but thank you so much for the info! =D
I just got back from my test. Test was easy, got 20/20. (I felt like I over-studied.)
However, the interviews were longer - like 10 to 15 minutes per person, and they kinda went through quite thoroughly. They told us that we can go home after the interview and we'll hear about the oath 4-8 weeks just before the test and could be 2-3 months, I was told at the interview.

Now it's the waiting game again. I'm glad I am done with the test though.
Is your local office in glen erin ? I dont know but i felt so lucky that they give me ny oath paper the same day of my test LOL not everyone get that very easy