+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary visitor visa for my child

NiVish

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hello members,

My husband is a Canadian citizen and I'm a permanent resident, both living in Canada and employed full time. I recently travelled to India to give birth to my son who is now 6 months old. My husband sponsored our son's PR and we just submitted his application. Haven't received AOR yet.

Our plan is to fly him to Canada around August 2023. Getting his PR by then is not a possibility so we are thinking of applying a visitor visa for our son while his PR application is getting processed?

My question is can we submit his visitor visa application now or do we wait until my husband's eligibility to sponsor is approved (1st step in the pr application)?

Also what are the chances of approval of his visit visa?

Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello members,

My husband is a Canadian citizen and I'm a permanent resident, both living in Canada and employed full time. I recently travelled to India to give birth to my son who is now 6 months old. My husband sponsored our son's PR and we just submitted his application. Haven't received AOR yet.

Our plan is to fly him to Canada around August 2023. Getting his PR by then is not a possibility so we are thinking of applying a visitor visa for our son while his PR application is getting processed?

My question is can we submit his visitor visa application now or do we wait until my husband's eligibility to sponsor is approved (1st step in the pr application)?

Also what are the chances of approval of his visit visa?

Thanks in advance
You can apply now.

Reactions: NiVish

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Thanks for replying
So there is no need to wait for sponsorship evaluation? Also what are the chances of his approval for visitor visa
How did your husband get his Canadian citizenship? could it not be possible that your son is already a Canadian citizen by descent?

Reactions: NiVish

NiVish

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
How did your husband get his Canadian citizenship? could it not be possible that your son is already a Canadian citizen by descent?
My husband got his citizenship very recently when our son was 3 months old. So I don't think my son could become a citizen like that

NiVish

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
sorry then no, only if he was citizen BEFORE your son was born.
Any idea what would be the best time to submit my son's visitor visa application? Since we just submitted his PR application should we wait until sponsorship evaluation (my husband as the sponsor for our son's PR) is done

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Any idea what would be the best time to submit my son's visitor visa application? Since we just submitted his PR application should we wait until sponsorship evaluation (my husband as the sponsor for our son's PR) is done
That is what i did with my wifes visitor visa but i dont think there is any rule. Looks like processing times are about 2 months right now on the website so plan accordingly. I could be wrong but i think your son can apply for citizenship right away after becoming pr and not have to have residency obligation.

I take it having the child in Canada was not an option....you would have saved yourself some headaches!