+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa - Buffalo (haven't received my passport back - 41 days)

fastian

Dec 22, 2008
Hi,
I've applied for Canadian visitor visa at Buffalo office. I've sent mail-in application and it was received by consulate office on the 17th March 2011. Its been 41 days now since they received the application where as the normally it takes 21-28 days to process. I sent them an email 2 weeks back asking what's the status and they replied back saying it is in process and that they can't give me a definite date. I emailed them back again , but haven't replied back. I know that due to upgradation of Computer Systems at Buffalo, the procesing times have been affected.

I was wondering if anyone can let me know what is the average processing time now for TRV application send to buffalo(may be someone who recently got the passport back). I will also appreciate if someone can tell me other ways of contacting buffalo besides the email address that we have.

Thanks
Yasir.

vdr

May 2, 2011
Hi Fastian,

Did you hear anything back from them ..Do you know, if we can go and collect our passport.. I am having the same issue, submitted to Detroit Consulate..if you have any information..let me know pls

Thanks

WKP

May 4, 2011
Can any of your guys confirm if you had received it yet. I applied for my VISA about 34 days ago. They gave me the same reply saying they cannot guarantee the date.

irene_alzona

May 4, 2011
hi to everyone, i have a problem right now about my application for re entry visa. i dont know what is going on now because my flight is almost near in may 23 2011, i send my application last march 30,2011 and then immigration in buffalo they receive last april 1,2011. my friend told me only 3 weeks they will issue the visa,but why now its take so long.. im worried now .. how can i track the status of my application. anybody can help me..thank you.

WKP

May 4, 2011
The only option available to you is to send them an email at buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and ask about it. Don't forget to include the following information in your email. They will get back to you within 2 days. Also, mention the fact that you have already bought the tickets for May 23rd and your departure is for an important purpose(mention it if you don't mind). Although, they would not guarantee a date, I'm sire that will catch their attention.

Hope this helps.

Full name :
Date of birth :
Client ID :
Passport Number :
Type of Visa : Visitor (Entry)
Approximate date the application was received at Buffalo Office :

elisha

May 5, 2011
I went to Buffalo office on last last Friday. The consulate officers at Buffalo are very cooperative. I went there to collect my passports that I mailed them 10 days ago. They tried to help me, but, later I realized that, I sent my passports to New York City and not Buffalo. My bad!
But, what I wanted to mention is, if you want to collect passports in person from Buffalo Consulate, it should not be too difficult. Tell them your case, and I am sure they will help you!

As per my case, I went to new york city to try collecting the passports (that I mailed them), but, the security guard did not allow me to meet the consulate officer. He told that, at new york city consulate, they dont entertain the mailed in applicants. They only will correspond via email or FAX. I tried the same, but, no response from them yet.

So each consulate have their own policies and they change every day !
Good luck !!

WKP

May 4, 2011
Hello guys,

Just to give you guys an update, after 42 days I'm still awaiting. Hope they would send me my visa within next week.

I would like to get some input from the people who applied before me.

elisha

May 5, 2011
I applied to New York City consulate on April 28th and I received my passports with Visas today i.e. May 12th. It took 10 working days to get passports back.
- Elisha

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
hey wkp i am stuck with the same situation. i shouldve been home by the beginning of this month and i applied for my trv to fort erie on april 4th. can u pls give me an update on your application wether u have received it or not. thanks

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
and can any1 tell me if its possible for my cousin to pick my passport from buffalo if i provide him with an authorization letter since i dont have a US visa on me. thanks

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
WKP said:
Hello guys,

Just to give you guys an update, after 42 days I'm still awaiting. Hope they would send me my visa within next week.

I would like to get some input from the people who applied before me.
have u received the application yet?

thriftily.trendy

May 18, 2011
hi there! did you mail in your application directly to buffalo or through fort erie?
i have the same case. i mailed mine to fort erie as instructed on their website by registered mail and when i tracked it, it said that it was received on the 11th of last month.. it's been over a month now and I have tried sending them an email but they haven't given me a reply yet. im booked to fly back to the Philippines in June.. omg.. :(

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
i sent mine to fort erie and they received it on april 5th. i have not received anything so far and im hoping to get my passport this week cuz i also have to fly to philippines on 27th this month. this has been such a frustrating experience i shouldhv been back home in the starting of this month. im just sitting like a duck at home everyday waiting for my passport and if i knew it would take this long i shouldhv looked for a job atleast. :mad:

HELLO28

Apr 13, 2011
HI PRINCESOHAL2003 AND THRIFTILY.TRENDY! I STILL DONT HAVE ANY DEVELOPMENT REGARDING MY APPLICATION. I AM SAILING ON THE SAME BOAT WITH YOU. IF ANYONE OF US HAPPEN TO HAVE ANY DEVELOPMENT REGARDING OUR APPLICATION PLEASE POST IMMEDIATELY A REPLY TO KNOW WHAT IS EXACTLY THE AVERAGE TIME FRAME OF PROCESSING FOR APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED IN BUFFALO CONSULATE VIA FORT ERIE. THANKS.