+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary resident permit and study permit

Htrang13

Oct 27, 2017
hello everyone, I am in a very desperate situation.
My study permit expired on March 31st, 2017. I applied for the extension on the 2nd of June. On August 2nd, I received the message to pay for $200 restoration fee which I thought I did until I got the refusal from cic. I went to my account and checked. It said that the receipt of $200 was failed to upload. I didn’t know what to do so I went to see a lawyer and he said he could help me to apply temporary resident permit and study permit. I don’t know anyone here has experienced this before because I don’t know what is going to happen to me if I get a refusal. Is it gonna be a deportion order that bans me from Canada forever. I just got accepted to engineering of my department so I if I go home. Can I stand a chance to reapply and get the study permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You've been out of status in Canada since March 31st. Hopefully you haven't been attending school or working since then. If you have, then on top of being in Canada illegally for seven months - you've also been working and studying illegally.

I don't know the chances of a TRP being approved. I think that's a real long shot. If the TRP is refused, then you'll be asked to leave Canada and if you don't leave on your own, a deportation order will be issued and you'll be removed.

Yes - you can return home and try applying for a new study permit from there. Hard to say if it will be approved given how long you've been in Canada out of status. If you continued to study and/or work after March 31st, I think the study permit has a very high chance of being refused.

Htrang13

Oct 27, 2017
You've been out of status in Canada since March 31st. Hopefully you haven't been attending school or working since then. If you have, then on top of being in Canada illegally for seven months - you've also been working and studying illegally.

I don't know the chances of a TRP being approved. I think that's a real long shot. If the TRP is refused, then you'll be asked to leave Canada and if you don't leave on your own, a deportation order will be issued and you'll be removed.

Yes - you can return home and try applying for a new study permit from there. Hard to say if it will be approved given how long you've been in Canada out of status. If you continued to study and/or work after March 31st, I think the study permit has a very high chance of being refused.
Thank you for your reply. I was studying until I got my refusal on August 10th. Can I just leave Canada right now and withdraw the trp? I don’t know how long it is gonna take and the trp is only valid for the maximum 3 years so I will have to go home and reapply. I don’t really know what to do right now. To wait for the reply from cic or just take off and reapply

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply. I was studying until I got my refusal on August 10th. Can I just leave Canada right now and withdraw the trp? I don’t know how long it is gonna take and the trp is only valid for the maximum 3 years so I will have to go home and reapply. I don’t really know what to do right now. To wait for the reply from cic or just take off and reapply
Yes - you can withdraw the TRP application and leave Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You studied illegally for months, so there is little chance that you will be approved for anything.