+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Targetted draw 6 months continuous exp in CEC

Sukhpreet_singh

Jan 31, 2020
I am working in company as welder from january 9th 2023 before i have 14 months of exp in tech support. I have my profile in pool for CEC. I was laid off twice due to shortage of work from my current job once for one week and once for two weeks. My 6 months exp will be done on july 9th. Just want to confirm will it still be considered in targetted draws as continuous if its CEC?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am working in company as welder from january 9th 2023 before i have 14 months of exp in tech support. I have my profile in pool for CEC. I was laid off twice due to shortage of work from my current job once for one week and once for two weeks. My 6 months exp will be done on july 9th. Just want to confirm will it still be considered in targetted draws as continuous if its CEC?
It must be continuous for 6 months.

Eligibility for the trade occupations category
To be eligible, you must

• have accumulated, within the past 3 years, at least 6 months of continuous work experience (in Canada or abroad) in a single occupation listed in the table below
  • meet all of the requirements in the instructions for that round
Full eligibility details will be available in the instructions for each round.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations/category-based-selection.html

Reactions: Chasechs

Sukhpreet_singh

Jan 31, 2020
Ok so my layoffs ended on feb 26 and working regularly since then but now there is plant shutdown for first week of july which i will be paid in vacation. Can i count continuous 6 months from feb 26?