+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Surrey CIC Timeline

aamer43

May 6, 2009
jckdry said:
i have applied in june 2013. in process since aug 2013.
still waiting
surrey office is slowest in country.
i am expecting something in 2015
i hope i get test in 2015
I guess the only applicants in Surrey, who are getting their tests are the ones who have applied in 2012 which means their standard processing time is at least 2 years...I don't think any one who applied from Surrey in 2013 got his/her test invite.

moby786

Mar 20, 2014
So went for the test this week, in surrey, applied in early 2013, given test results at interview. I have travelled a lot since I've been here and before, in fact my passport predates my arrival to Canada by a year and I've been here for over 6 years already, so the poor officer couldn't figure out my stamps, I mean it's not like the border officials stamp the passport in chronological order and sometimes (many times) don't bother at all.nThe crazy thing is that he is now ONLY GOING TO APPROACH CBSA for their records of my entries into Canada. I mean really they have had my application for two years surely they could have just got the CBSA travel records in that time, i mean how inefficient can you be,

And so the wait continues, although it seems when speaking to ppl at the test some individuals living in the Fraser valley who applied in 2014 have already got citizenship while those of us from before continue to wait and are treated as second class citizens ...crazy :'(

If you read the discover canada guide book as I have Canadians have the charter of rights and freedoms, PR ARE unfortunately treated as second class people with no rights........ :'(

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone and Kubik, I got my report today, nothing of meaning except that the information for csis security report is empty...foss and rcmp are good till feb 2015... Does your report mention anything under csis clearence. I am afraid my middle eastern background got me in the security clearances loop, unless they don't list this information in atip report. Your help is appreciated.

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
basharar said:
Hello everyone and Kubik, I got my report today, nothing of meaning except that the information for csis security report is empty...foss and rcmp are good till feb 2015... Does your report mention anything under csis clearence. I am afraid my middle eastern background got me in the security clearances loop, unless they don't list this information in atip report. Your help is appreciated.
Hi Basharar, I already commented on your question regarding CSIS clearance under the other topic that you opened. Also I don't think that you should be concerned about your file being stuck due to your ethnical background. Otherwise this could have been a contradiction to Canada's equality & multi-culturalism principles. For your info, I'm Turkish and my wife is Russian :)
Cheer up buddy

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Guys!

I am going to share to something very odd, from the CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx) SURREY has been removed from the list of cities where citizenship ceremonies are held.

Only three cities are listed for BC

Kelowna
Prince George
Vancouver

This just happened a week ago because i have been monitoring it closely. I guess it means there will no more ceremonies in SURREY anymore.

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I remember searching a few weeks ago and Surrey was there with a ceremony sometime in september. Now its gone.. Maybe an error?

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
basharar said:

Hi Basharr,

CSIS clearance is always hidden on the reports, regardless of its outcome.

aamer43

May 6, 2009
aamer43 said:
Guys!

I am going to share to something very odd, from the CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx) SURREY has been removed from the list of cities where citizenship ceremonies are held.

Only three cities are listed for BC

Kelowna
Prince George
Vancouver

This just happened a week ago because i have been monitoring it closely. I guess it means there will no more ceremonies in SURREY anymore.
Just wanted to update that SURREY is now added back in the list and there are 3 Citizenship ceremonies to be held in Oct. I wish if we could have any way to check the Test schedules online as well.

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
So, I wrote my test on 22 August and no news so far...she wanted to get documents from CBSA as I had a lot of stamps. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Vancouver2014

Mar 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am from Port Coquitlam, and I would like to know if which CIC office will process my application. Thanks in advance. :)

moby786

Mar 20, 2014
hi citi_zen

I also had the same experience, have lots of stamps from cross border shopping trips so said they would get the CBSA report, wondered why they didn't have this already after sitting with my application for close to two years......keep us posted on your time line

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Kubik said:
Nope! It's been 13 months since I applied (Family of three) and still awaiting test date :mad:
I will be calling CIC next week to get an update, although i know i will get the standard answer but even then ...... there is no harm in making a free call......

luvcanada

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally got oath invitation from surrey after three months of test. waiting time is going to be over now. It took two years to complete the whole process, beginning to end of the application.