+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUPERVISA : Unique Case of Parents Visa (indian office)

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi All,

I'm in need of expert advice regarding the renewal of a supervisa for my parent who is currently on canada on SV.
  • Current Situation: An individual is in Canada on a visa, which will expire in September 2024, the same as their passport's expiry date. They have been residing in Canada since May 2022.
  • Intended Plan: The individual plans to travel to India in January 2023 to renew their passport, valid for the next 10 years, and intends to apply for a new visa during this period and return back immediately using existing SV and awaot new SV issuance.
Key Question
  1. Travel and Stay Contingency: In the event the supervisa application does not get processed within a few weeks, is it possible for the individual to return to Canada on their current supervisa and continue their stay until its expiry in September 2024? Also ,does CIC grant new superb VISA if expiry is 9 months away. I am looking for 10year visa.
Seeking Advice: I am urgently looking for guidance on these matters. Any insights, especially from those with professional expertise or personal experience in similar situations, would be highly appreciated. The aim is to clearly understand the feasibility and implications of the intended plan.
Thank you in advance for your time and expertise in addressing these queries.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I'm in need of expert advice regarding the renewal of a supervisa for my parent who is currently on canada on SV.
  • Current Situation: An individual is in Canada on a visa, which will expire in September 2024, the same as their passport's expiry date. They have been residing in Canada since May 2022.
  • Intended Plan: The individual plans to travel to India in January 2023 to renew their passport, valid for the next 10 years, and intends to apply for a new visa during this period and return back immediately using existing SV and awaot new SV issuance.
Key Question
  1. Travel and Stay Contingency: In the event the supervisa application does not get processed within a few weeks, is it possible for the individual to return to Canada on their current supervisa and continue their stay until its expiry in September 2024? Also ,does CIC grant new superb VISA if expiry is 9 months away. I am looking for 10year visa.
Seeking Advice: I am urgently looking for guidance on these matters. Any insights, especially from those with professional expertise or personal experience in similar situations, would be highly appreciated. The aim is to clearly understand the feasibility and implications of the intended plan.
Your intended plan to travel to India in Jan 2023 is a typo, right? Besides, can't them renew it in Canada?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, did the CBSA officer stamp a specific date in your parent' passport? If so, their stay should be until that day (unless they apply for an extension prior to the end of that date).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

Key Question
Just a reminder that supervisa is a visitor visa. If returning to their home country it would be best for them to stay longer to reestablish ties to their home country then apply for a new supervisa. You don’t want it to appear as though the parent is visiting their home country and has minimal ties to their home country especially if they want to enter Canada on their next visit and get permission to visit for 5 years (as long as they are able to secure supervisa insurance each uear).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

Key Question
No one here is a professional.

The short answer to your question is that you can try to do this but once your parent returns to Canada, it will be up to CBSA if and how long they are allowed into Canada. Generally speaking, if someone has been visiting Canada for that long it is recommend to remain outside of Canada for six months before returning. However you can certainly have your parent try to return and see what happens. Ultimately it's up to the CBSA officer and there's no way to say for sure what will happen.

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Typo: parent trying to go in jan 2024. Single parent and did not get her lottery in pgp and it says ppl who did nt get pgp cn get parents fr 5years..currently there is no stamp on my mothers passport. She did not overstay in current visit and left country in 18months..plan is to request new supervisa. Does anyone know if we can request new super visa from jan 2024 if visa expired in 2024 september

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Any reply guys...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Typo: parent trying to go in jan 2024. Single parent and did not get her lottery in pgp and it says ppl who did nt get pgp cn get parents fr 5years..currently there is no stamp on my mothers passport. She did not overstay in current visit and left country in 18months..plan is to request new supervisa. Does anyone know if we can request new super visa from jan 2024 if visa expired in 2024 september
No she can’t request a new supervisa when she has a valid one already with almost a year left. The length a parent can visit in Canada is always dependent on CBSA. Getting granted a 5 year stay to visit is the maximum on a supervisa but if the parent has just visited Canada for a long period of time and tries to reenter again after a short period of time outside of Canada there can be concerns that the parents are trying to live in Canada permanently which is not allowed and they could be granted a shorter visit period. To qualify for a supervisa your parent also has to qualify for supervisa insurance. If your parent’s health changes then they may no longer be able to secure supervisa insurance which would also mean they are no longer able to continue visiting Canada.

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
No she can’t request a new supervisa when she has a valid one already with almost a year left. The length a parent can visit in Canada is always dependent on CBSA. Getting granted a 5 year stay to visit is the maximum on a supervisa but if the parent has just visited Canada for a long period of time and tries to reenter again after a short period of time outside of Canada there can be concerns that the parents are trying to live in Canada permanently which is not allowed and they could be granted a shorter visit period. To qualify for a supervisa your parent also has to qualify for supervisa insurance. If your parent’s health changes then they may no longer be able to secure supervisa insurance which would also mean they are no longer able to continue visiting Canada.
I am ready to buy insurance and she left canada in 20 months vs 24months initially window of 2year. Plan isnto stay for 2months in india and apply SV

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am ready to buy insurance and she left canada in 20 months vs 24months initially window of 2year. Plan isnto stay for 2months in india and apply SV
Was the old visa a normal TRV or a SV? Why does she need a new visa when her visa is still valid until September? She has visited Canada for an extended period of time (18 months) so if she only plan to be out of Canada for 2 months that is not very long period of time. The time spent at home seem primarily to renew her passport not to reestablish her ties to her home country. Many people seems to be under the false impression that parents can move to Canada while on a supervisa and have no plans to ever return home. Sadly some have even sold their homes. The Canadian government is not doing a good job clarifying that a supervisa is a visitor visa and does not guarantee that parents will ever be able to move to Canada. A supervisa is supposed to allow parents to visit for longer periods of time because Canada has a small quota for parent sponsorship so a large percentage of parents who want to move to Canada permanently will or be able to do so but it healthy many will be able to visit for extended period of time. Canada doesn’t actually have the extra resources to absorb more seniors so the fact that we allow any sponsorship is quite amazing. Many other countries don’t allow parent and grandparent sponsorship with access to Medicare.

Last edited:

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
she had SV approved in 2022 until september 2024 as that was passpprt expiry.

Now we got new passport yesterday woth expiry of 2033.

Now plan is to let her stay in india and apply supervisa suggesting she plans to visit Canada in June and wants to reapply new as SV would expire in september 2024.

would that be sufficient to gt sv? I can take all insurance and show sufficoent funds that will take care of her

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Just to add , apply SV from india in Jan 2024..once she gets it..shebcan travel earlier too