+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa biometric

sunny4u4270

Jul 3, 2017
Hi ,

I have applied for supervisa for my parent on April 2020 online application. The next day the biometric letter came but the VACs in India are closed since then and hence my application is in submitted status till now. Is there any workaround for this? how can I proceed with my application? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Sunny

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Hi Sunny,
I applied for Supervisa application as well last week and got the Biometric letter today.
Are the centers still closed ? Any Idea when they are going to be open ? In which city are your parents located ?

Regards,
Sharat Joshi

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes VACs are still closed. Would imagine they will remain closed until the covid numbers go down in India and there js access to medical care if you get covid. Most Canadian foreign service employees have returned to Canada. Some are going to Dubai to do their biometrics as long as they get a visa and the office in Dubai allows them to book an appointment to do their biometrics.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Wow.. that is a stretch...
I just got the biometric request letter yesterday nd they have given 90 days to do this.
If the VAC does not open by then, I will connect with immigration authorities to ask for workarounds...

Windsorvasi

Jan 8, 2020
Hi Sunny,
I applied for Supervisa application as well last week and got the Biometric letter today.
Are the centers still closed ? Any Idea when they are going to be open ? In which city are your parents located ?

Regards,
Sharat Joshi
@sharat_joshi77 When applying for Supervisa, can you tell me where exactly you uploaded documents related to parent's bank statements or other proof documents to show their ties to India ? In the Online application document checklist, i do not see any separate provision to upload this. How do you attach these proofs?

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
There is I think an option for Purpose of Travel. if you see the help on that item by clicking the "?", you can see the text. I just combined multiple documents in one and uploaded in that category. Hope it helps.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Hi All,
Any update on VAC opening for Biometric collections for SuperVisa applications ?
I tried scheduling the appointment but could not see any open slots. Anyone else scheduled their Biometrics for Supervisa ?

Regards,
Sharat Joshi

Windsorvasi

Jan 8, 2020
Hi All,
Any update on VAC opening for Biometric collections for SuperVisa applications ?
I tried scheduling the appointment but could not see any open slots. Anyone else scheduled their Biometrics for Supervisa ?

Regards,
Sharat Joshi
I applied for Visitor visa for my parents instead of Super Visa thinking medicals might delay the process. Vfs does not give appointments for visitor biometrics now. I need a help. In the biometrics request letter and the IMm5e57 form,I just noticed that my mother's name is missing a letter. How do i get it corrected ? :(

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
I applied for Visitor visa for my parents instead of Super Visa thinking medicals might delay the process. Vfs does not give appointments for visitor biometrics now. I need a help. In the biometrics request letter and the IMm5e57 form,I just noticed that my mother's name is missing a letter. How do i get it corrected ? :(
Hi,
What do you mean by "Vfs does not give appointments for visitor biometrics now"
Have they totally stopped doing it ? In that case, how do I do the biometrics !
OR they are not doing it for a while. In that case, does anyone know when they will open !!!

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
Hi,
What do you mean by "Vfs does not give appointments for visitor biometrics now"
Have they totally stopped doing it ? In that case, how do I do the biometrics !
OR they are not doing it for a while. In that case, does anyone know when they will open !!!
i think they haven't opened the bio for visitors visa, except for family class PR and students. don't know when will they open for visitors again. stuck at this part. anyone thinking to go for dubai?

Karanjit199

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Canada
Hi, my parents applied for supervisa online on 24th Oct 2020. they unable to do biometric because of embassy provide limited services only in India. they did medical upfront. I sent an email to IRCC that my parents can travel as they are exempt.
they get an information letter yesterday.
email is " please be informed that we can not issue a temporary resident visa until the biometrics are completed"
my question is " have they processed my parent's application without biometrics" and now they just waiting for the biometrics?
please drop your valuable opinion.
I just feel like my parent's application is approved and they just waiting for biometrics.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, my parents applied for supervisa online on 24th Oct 2020. they unable to do biometric because of embassy provide limited services only in India. they did medical upfront. I sent an email to IRCC that my parents can travel as they are exempt.
they get an information letter yesterday.
email is " please be informed that we can not issue a temporary resident visa until the biometrics are completed"
my question is " have they processed my parent's application without biometrics" and now they just waiting for the biometrics?
please drop your valuable opinion.
I just feel like my parent's application is approved and they just waiting for biometrics.
Their application can still be refused after biometrics as it is one step (final) in the process. Once they take biometrics, they will get final response.

Reactions: Karanjit199

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh I thought they will issue visa right after biometrics.
Just curious to know why you think their visa can get refused ?
Never said they would be refused. I just said biometrics is a step in the process and refusal can still happen. I know nothing of your profile so can't comment why it would be refused. You very likely will be approved.

Reactions: Karanjit199