+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa

sopranotb

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Hello,

I am protected person and a permanent resident since 1 year now, I will apply super visa for my mom and dad to come visit me here. Does my status here as a refugee PR has any bad effect on officer decision when issue visa for my mom and dad?. They run a business in our homeland and have bank statements that show money going in and out to their bank accounts. there is a question in super visa application asks if they travel on the last 10 years out of their country, they are old people and last trip they made out of our country was 15 years ago (tourism trip to Paris- France). They will for sure go back after visiting me but I am worried the officer may refuse give them a visa. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's possible that the fact you were a refugee may impact your parents' super visa application and CIC may be concerned your parents have plans to claim refugee status as well. They should provide as much evidence as possible that they have strong ties to their home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. They should provide proof of the business they own, any property they own, bank accounts, etc.

hhafiz

Jan 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sopranotb said:
Hello,

I am protected person and a permanent resident since 1 year now, I will apply super visa for my mom and dad to come visit me here. Does my status here as a refugee PR has any bad effect on officer decision when issue visa for my mom and dad?. They run a business in our homeland and have bank statements that show money going in and out to their bank accounts. there is a question in super visa application asks if they travel on the last 10 years out of their country, they are old people and last trip they made out of our country was 15 years ago (tourism trip to Paris- France). They will for sure go back after visiting me but I am worried the officer may refuse give them a visa. Thanks
As long as you are PR/citizen of Canada and arranged the medical insurance as per CIC requirement then apparently you should be ok. Also provide sufficient ties to back home (proof of business etc.)

Hana1122

May 6, 2023
Hello,

Did you apply for your parents?