+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

super visa within canada

GXSINGH

Jan 22, 2018
My parents are in canada on a tourist visa with 6 months entry allowed. I want them to stay with me in BC canada on a supervisa for 2 years instead. Can they apply for it while they are in canada or does it has to be done from a foreign country. Also is it a good idea to apply for Parents and Grandparents sponsor program while they are here with me?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It must be done outside of Canada. The sponsorship program is only by lottery and opens once a year for applications. You may never be selected as they get around 150,000 applications for 10,000 spots.

GXSINGH

Jan 22, 2018
Thats what i heard about the sponsorship program. Does that mean only other option for my parents to stay in Canada is Super Visa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thats what i heard about the sponsorship program. Does that mean only other option for my parents to stay in Canada is Super Visa?
Only sponsorship can let them "stay and live" in Canada. A super visa is still a visitor visa but is your only option if you want them to visit for long periods of time.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
As well, as noted in another post you had, you haven’t been approved as PR yet.
You have to be a PR or Citizen for a Supervisa application, as well as the PGP
Application

“Eligibility
To be eligible for a super visa, you must:

be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada”

Once again , individuals applying for PR and they have parents overseas, have to research that their is a possibility that they’ll NEVER be able to come to Canada and live with their children who chose to immigrate/move to Canada

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/mortgage-and-buying-a-new-house.704314/page-2#post-9268174

Last edited:
Reactions: GXSINGH

GXSINGH

Jan 22, 2018
Thans for your input
As well, as noted in another post you had, you haven’t been approved as PR yet.
You have to be a PR or Citizen for a Supervisa application, as well as the PGP
Application

“Eligibility
To be eligible for a super visa, you must:

be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada”

Once again , individuals applying for PR and they have parents overseas, have to research that their is a possibility that they’ll NEVER be able to come to Canada and live with their children who chose to immigrate/move to Canada

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/mortgage-and-buying-a-new-house.704314/page-2#post-9268174
Thanks for your input. I was just thinking ahead and preparing myself to when I get approved for PR, since my eligibilty is already passed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thans for your input

Thanks for your input. I was just thinking ahead and preparing myself to when I get approved for PR, since my eligibilty is already passed.
Just a reminder that parents can't live in Canada so they are expected to return home at a certain point. They'll need to apply for a supervisa from their home country but if they have already been in Canada for 6 months they should really consider reestablishing their ties to their home country.