+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa: Wait 3 years before you can apply for your parents !!!

cforcanada

Mar 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Super visa was created solely for the purpose of reducing the family sponsorship backlogs and to avoid long immigration line for the family members. The recent requirement posted by New Delhi Visa Office contradicts the sole purpose of this super visa.

It states that "Proof of the inviter's ability to provide promised financial support including but not limited to Notice of Assessment (NOA) for the past three tax years, employment letter identifying salary, pay stubs, bank statements, etc."

In my view this is outrageously illegal. In Canada, the law is equal for everybody than why there is different interpretation of law for different region of the world.

Has anybody been affected by this new change in supervisa law? That you have to wait 3 years before you can even think of applying for your parents.

Source: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/trv-checklist-vrt-list.aspx

Anybody has any idea what to make out of it? Or it is just a typo or negligence from their side.

achandhar76

Jul 22, 2014
Hi,

For the Supervisa you only need to submit the NOA for the most recent tax year. Please refer to CIC site for information on what documents you need to submit. If your doing a sponsorship application for your parents, then yes, 3 last years of NOA are required. We just did my mother-in-law's application for Supervisa and we gave our 2013 NOA.

Thanks!

cforcanada

Mar 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I mean if they copied and pasted the requirements from sponsorship application to supervisa section then it is the height of negligence. Which i doubt.

achandhar76 said:
Hi,

For the Supervisa you only need to submit the NOA for the most recent tax year. Please refer to CIC site for information on what documents you need to submit. If your doing a sponsorship application for your parents, then yes, 3 last years of NOA are required. We just did my mother-in-law's application for Supervisa and we gave our 2013 NOA.

Thanks!

M

mikeymyke

Well unfortunately it is the height of negligence. You only need last year's NOA for a supervisa. Sponsorship on the other hand, requires 3 years.

star09

Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
1st January2013
Passport Req..
16th March2014
VISA ISSUED...
27th April2014
LANDED..........
30th May2014
achandhar76 said:
Hi,

Thanks!
do you know if letter from employer is good enough along with savings/investments and maybe also paystubs, the issue is i am now in a decent paying job but wasn't as of last year so the NOA doesn't show i am above LICO but my letter and paystubs do. I am asking cause the cic checklist says to provide any one of the following: and its now, t4s or letter of employment ??? so then is letter of employment good enough?
please let me know as I need my mother here urgently and will have to wait if they want NOA etc,

Thank you,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
star09 said:
do you know if letter from employer is good enough along with savings/investments and maybe also paystubs, the issue is i am now in a decent paying job but wasn't as of last year so the NOA doesn't show i am above LICO but my letter and paystubs do. I am asking cause the cic checklist says to provide any one of the following: and its now, t4s or letter of employment ??? so then is letter of employment good enough?
please let me know as I need my mother here urgently and will have to wait if they want NOA etc,

Thank you,
The requirements you need to meet can be found here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/intake/super.asp

One of the following documents to prove that the child or grandchild meets the LICO minimum (A co-signer may be added to meet LICO minimum):
- most recent copy of the Notice of Assessment or Option C printout;
- most recent copy of the T4 or T1;
- original letter from employer stating title, job description and salary;
- employment insurance pay stubs:
-----if self-employed, a letter from an accountant confirming their annual income;
-----proof of other sources of income (pension statement, investments, etc.); and

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
What if my income last year was not enough as per LICO but my current income is enough (way more). Is it okay to apply for my parent supervisa?

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
achandhar76 said:
Hi,

Thanks!
Hi, can you please help clarify me? My husband is Canadian citizen and i am still waiting for my PR. Now my husband wants to apply for supervisa for my mother (his mother-in-law). Is it possible that way or i have to be PR too? I am not co-signing. His income is 80K.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Lashen said:
Hi, can you please help clarify me? My husband is Canadian citizen and i am still waiting for my PR. Now my husband wants to apply for supervisa for my mother (his mother-in-law). Is it possible that way or i have to be PR too? I am not co-signing. His income is 80K.
No - unfortunately it's not possible. Only you can sponsor your mother for a super visa. However you can't do this until you have PR. Your husband can only sponsor his own parents.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
scylla said:
No - unfortunately it's not possible. Only you can sponsor your mother for a super visa. However you can't do this until you have PR. Your husband can only sponsor his own parents.
Thank you Scylla. Then we will let her come on trv. Can i extend for 2 years within if i have pr by then?