+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Validity and Passport Expiry Date

frpe

Aug 5, 2020
Dear all,
we are in the process of applying for a super visa and, to be on the safe side, we have obtained a new passport. in the preparation, some documents were still issued on the basis of the previous passport. can I explain this with the application, so that this is clear to the officer in charge?
Thx!!!

sakshi86mehra

Apr 26, 2022
Hi,

My mother is travelling to canada on 9th May 2022, her super visa is expiring on 22nd July 2022. Is it necessary for her to book her return tickets before travelling. Can an immigration officer refuse her the entry given that her visa expiry date is so close to her travel date and. She doesn’t have a return ticket. I want to travel back with her to India in June 2022 and my dates are not confirmed that’s why I’m not booking the tickets yet.

Please help.
Thank you!

raraj87

Feb 15, 2015
Hi,

My mom is in Canada but her super visa expires in December 2022 along with her old passport. She entered the country on September 5th 2022.
If she plans to extend her stay should i apply for visitor visa extension or is it possible to extend the supervisa. Any advice would really help me.

ashfadel

Dec 24, 2021
Hi
Regarding the super visa, can i renew my passport and apply for extension of the visa to the new expiry date ( which will be total of 9 to 10 yeas all in all)? Please advice

Jay13M

Jul 26, 2023
Yes - you can apply for a visa extension provided they are remaining in Canada. Once they leave Canada, they would have to apply for a brand new visa.
Hello Scylla,

A similar yet different situation concerning supervisa. Parents supervisa will expire in 4 months along with passport. Unfortunately war started in their home country and they can not apply or renew passport. They arrived in Canada due to that reason. on the other hand their sponsorship application is in processing.. in this case do they have to leave the country? considering that they can not return to home country and with passoprt expiring in few month it is very chalegning to travel. any input would be appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Scylla,

A similar yet different situation concerning supervisa. Parents supervisa will expire in 4 months along with passport. Unfortunately war started in their home country and they can not apply or renew passport. They arrived in Canada due to that reason. on the other hand their sponsorship application is in processing.. in this case do they have to leave the country? considering that they can not return to home country and with passoprt expiring in few month it is very chalegning to travel. any input would be appreciated.
I don't know. This is an unusual situation and I don't have the knowledge to comment.

Reactions: Jay13M

mansi95

Apr 1, 2024
I have a quick question if anyone could answer would be really appreciated.

My parents got the Super Visa for only 4 years last month but I think as per the rule the Visa being issued for 10 years unless the applicant passport is expiring before 10 years.

My parents' passport is expiring in July 2025 (almost 7 years left to expiry) however, they just got the Super Visa stamp till Sep 2022, isn't weird thing happened?

Can anyone suggest, if I should request to restamp or extension Visa till their passport Validity?

Please help!
Hi M.Prasla, I have a question to you regarding Super visa, what is the bio metrics expiry for your parents at that time? is the bio metrics expiry date and visa stamp date same?