+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa for parents

nilamsavani

Nov 2, 2019
Hello all,

I have a question on Super Visa Eligibility. I and my husband both have PRs since last 2 years. We have already got super visa for my parents and now we want to apply for my in-laws super visa. We both would sponsor their visa to meet income requirement but my husband is a full time student at mcmaster university and doing a internship which will finish on April 2023 and then he has to complete 1 more term to finish his master. I am also pregnant and will probably go on maternity leave from May 2023.

so the doubt we have is can we still sponsor our parents with my husband being a student & me going on mat leave?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all,

I have a question on Super Visa Eligibility. I and my husband both have PRs since last 2 years. We have already got super visa for my parents and now we want to apply for my in-laws super visa. We both would sponsor their visa to meet income requirement but my husband is a full time student at mcmaster university and doing a internship which will finish on April 2023 and then he has to complete 1 more term to finish his master. I am also pregnant and will probably go on maternity leave from May 2023.

so the doubt we have is can we still sponsor our parents with my husband being a student & me going on mat leave?
You need to meet income requirement for 6 people including your parents and in laws. So if you have NOA meeting LICO for 6 then go ahead.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would suggest including your baby in your family size because processing can take months and you are due in May. Do you meet LICO for 7 people?