+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

super visa for parents

GXSINGH

Jan 22, 2018
Both my parents are in canada visiting me right now but their tourist visa expires in May 2022. i want to extend their stay in canada but visa on passport is about to expire and I want to apply either for a visa extension or super visa. What would be they best way to go through without them having to leave canada? Please need some suggestions

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Both my parents are in canada visiting me right now but their tourist visa expires in May 2022. i want to extend their stay in canada but visa on passport is about to expire and I want to apply either for a visa extension or super visa. What would be they best way to go through without them having to leave canada? Please need some suggestions
They can’t apply for a super visa while in Canada. So extension is your only option.

Reactions: GXSINGH

GXSINGH

Jan 22, 2018
Would you know if extension works also if their Visa on the passport expires next month. And I assume if the visa expires and they have extension approved they still can't ho to USA and come back, cause I was thinking of applying for either a new tourist visa or super visa from USA

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Would you know if extension works also if their Visa on the passport expires next month. And I assume if the visa expires and they have extension approved they still can't ho to USA and come back, cause I was thinking of applying for either a new tourist visa or super visa from USA
A visitor extension is valid to stay in Canada. Once you leave, you need a TRV to enter Canada.

Reactions: GXSINGH

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They can try for an extension but will need to leave at a certain point. They should return to their home country to apply for a new TRV or a supervisa. They have to prove ties to their home country to get approved so applying from the US will weaken their application.