+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Application in June 2023

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks a lot for the prompt reply.

Can I still apply for a super visa for Mom while my spouse’s application is in process?

The new Minimum Gross Income Requirement for 2023 for 3 people is $42,100 will it be ok if it is $47000 or need to be higher? I saw of the applications got rejected even if their income was higher than listed.

Please reply.

Thanks
If NOA is for $47k you meet LICO.

Reactions: Go123

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi guys,

I have a quick question to ask. If any of you could answer it I’d greatly appreciate it.

I applied for PR for my wife through spousal sponsorship and she got AOR, medicals and biometrics done. The application is in progress.

Now I am planning to apply for a Super Visa for my mother. She’s widowed.

Can I include the total members in family as 2 (mother and me) or 3 (mother, me and wife)?
Do I still need to count my spouse in for Super Visa application since she isn’t in Canada?

I have to mention the current family members in my Mom’s Super Visa application in order to meet the family income requirements.

Please respond.

Thanks in advance.
3 members as she is already in their system as an applicant. To be on safer side, mention her in your LOA so they know her application is in progress

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
3 members as she is already in their system as an applicant. To be on safer side, mention her in your LOA so they know her application is in progress
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I’ll mention her in the letter.

Since I am self employed I can show the bank statements and NOA. These should be sufficient right?

Thanks

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I’ll mention her in the letter.

Since I am self employed I can show the bank statements and NOA. These should be sufficient right?

Thanks
Yes make sure the year of NOA you attach meets the LICO requirements.

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
Yes make sure the year of NOA you attach meets the LICO requirements.
Thank you

If the LICO is slightly higher than listed it should be fine right? I saw some applications got returned though the LICO was way higher than mentioned.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Thank you

If the LICO is slightly higher than listed it should be fine right? I saw some applications got returned though the LICO was way higher than mentioned.
lol not sure of that why their applications returned due to that reason. It should not be the case. Infact higher your income, better it is. LICO is minimum requirement, if you are above that, no problems

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
Thank you.

I thought the same too.

It should be ok to apply for my mom’s super visa while my spouse’s application is in process right?

Just wanted to make sure there won’t be any issues.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Thank you.

I thought the same too.

It should be ok to apply for my mom’s super visa while my spouse’s application is in process right?

Just wanted to make sure there won’t be any issues.
That is fine. It's two separate things. Just make sure to explain why you choose 3 members.

Sharanm7

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hi Folks,

This community has always been helpful. So I'm hopeful to get an answer for my following question:

- I'm sure that we have to take health insurance for 1 year and for 100k coverage. My question is can I take the full insurance but pay in monthly installments for the health insurance? Has anyone did like that? Has it been accepted?

I see on IRCC website which says the following:

"The officer should be satisfied that the applicant has the appropriate health insurance policy for a full year on each entry (initial and subsequent), regardless of the applicant’s method of payment (for example, payment in full or instalments with a deposit)."

Please post your thoughts.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi Folks,

This community has always been helpful. So I'm hopeful to get an answer for my following question:

- I'm sure that we have to take health insurance for 1 year and for 100k coverage. My question is can I take the full insurance but pay in monthly installments for the health insurance? Has anyone did like that? Has it been accepted?

I see on IRCC website which says the following:

"The officer should be satisfied that the applicant has the appropriate health insurance policy for a full year on each entry (initial and subsequent), regardless of the applicant’s method of payment (for example, payment in full or instalments with a deposit)."

Please post your thoughts.
You can do that. It's acceptable. TBH, monthly one comes out to be a little more expensive than paying upfront.

Sharanm7

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Thanks @Sandy.gal . Can I ask few more questions:

1. I'm applying Super visa for my parents. My income is just a little above the LICO. So can I also include my husband's NOA. If yes, should I get a separate letter from my husband telling that he is okay to sponsor my parents?

2. My parents are both still working in Govt school as Teachers. When telling the duration of their stay as 7 months, will it make the IRCC officers to think how can they stay for 7 months when they are working? Will that create a doubt in my application? What should I do to avoid that and make it sound logical?

Regards,
Sharan

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Thanks @Sandy.gal. Can I ask a few more questions:

1. I'm applying Super visa for my parents. My income is just a little above the LICO. So can I also include my husband's NOA? If yes, should I get a separate letter from my husband telling me that he is okay to sponsor my parents?

2. My parents are both still working in Govt school as Teachers. When telling the duration of their stay as 7 months, will it make the IRCC officers think about how can they stay for 7 months when they are working? Will that create a doubt in my application? What should I do to avoid that and make it sound logical?

Regards,
Sharan
Hey, yes you can include all the income-related things of your husband as well. When I applied for my mom's visa, I wrote in the letter that me and my husband both are sponsoring her and we showed our household income including his NOA, Job letter and paystubs.

If your parents are taking a vacation, you can explain in the LOE, that they will be joining back and if possible ask your parents to provide some proof from their workplace that they are coming here for vacation. Otherwise explaining it in the LOE should be more then enough. Make sure to attach their job letters as proof of ties to their home country.

Just remember that LOE is the most important part of your application. Officers heavily rely on it when processing applications. So try keeping it to the point, easy to read and detailed. Mine was 2 pages long but I explained everything in it, highlighting the most important information.

Reactions: Sharanm7

Sharanm7

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hey, yes you can include all the income-related things of your husband as well. When I applied for my mom's visa, I wrote in the letter that me and my husband both are sponsoring her and we showed our household income including his NOA, Job letter and paystubs.

If your parents are taking a vacation, you can explain in the LOE, that they will be joining back and if possible ask your parents to provide some proof from their workplace that they are coming here for vacation. Otherwise explaining it in the LOE should be more then enough. Make sure to attach their job letters as proof of ties to their home country.

Just remember that LOE is the most important part of your application. Officers heavily rely on it when processing applications. So try keeping it to the point, easy to read and detailed. Mine was 2 pages long but I explained everything in it, highlighting the most important information.

Thank you so much for your quick response @Sandy.gal ! Very much appreciated.