+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

mit8383

May 18, 2012
Online status changed today : passport has been couriered from Visa office to Visa application centre.

Crossing my fingers ......

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
mit8383 said:
Online status changed today : passport has been couriered from Visa office to Visa application centre.

Crossing my fingers ......
Congratulations... :)

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
sadafff said:
Hey Guys !!! Help needed !

I applied for my moms super visa ONLINE on aug 13th . got biometrics right away and submitted bio metrics within a week. now its oct 15 i haven't heard anything from them ? we submitted online cuz we thought its the fastest , its almost 60 days i haven't got medical request ? what should i do ? should i contact embassy here in canada or call someone in islamabad embassy ? how long usually it took for ur guys parents visa ? !!!
Hi Sadaff, did you make a case specific inquiry? That can be done here for Islamabad office:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=islamabad

Make sure you include proper name and Visa ID that was generated before and is showing on your biometric sheet. In the inquiry which you make very brief say something like, "I have been waiting for 60 days and I have not received Medical request yet. Can you please let me know if I missed something in e-mail / mail?"

Mungojerry

Oct 20, 2014
Hoping someone can advise me. My mother is visiting me in Canada on a visit visa, she decided she'd like to extend her stay. We did the application online through Vegreville. Received online notification from CIC to say her file is closed & her application is approved. On the same day we received a phone call from the medical office who did her medical, to say she needs further medical tests. I'm a bit confused as the notification we received from CIC says nothing about waiting on or needing further medical tests, just that her file is closed & her application approved.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
FYI:

My mother came to Canada second time on Super Visa on Nov 1, 2014. When she came first back in 2012; she only stayed for 3 months and so we didn't care much about her stay permit. This time, as she intended to stay longer (her visa expires in Jan, 2017); I gave her an explanation letter to show to the immigration officer @ Toronto Pearson so that she gets a 2-year stay permit. She cannot speak any language other than our native tongue.

Well, like before, she wasn't asked anything at the airport and got 2-year permit valid till Oct 31, 2016 which we wanted. She didn't even have to show medical insurance document or anything else.

Hope this info helps.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Rossei said:
FYI:

My mother came to Canada second time on Super Visa on Nov 1, 2014. When she came first back in 2012; she only stayed for 3 months and so we didn't care much about her stay permit. This time, as she intended to stay longer (her visa expires in Jan, 2017); I gave her an explanation letter to show to the immigration officer @ Toronto Pearson so that she gets a 2-year stay permit. She cannot speak any other language other than our native tongue.

Well, like before, she wasn't asked anything at the airport and got 2-year permit valid till Oct 31, 2016 which we wanted. She didn't even have to show medical insurance document or anything else.

Hope this info helps.
So, she did show the paper you provided but they didn't ask for the medical insurance documents right?

Shazz

Sep 19, 2011
Hello, I am new to this discussion but an old member of this forum (2012). i got PR in 2012 under federal skilled worker category.
Now i have applied for my parents supervisa from Chandigarh (India) by the VFS.
Application submitted on Oct 31, 2014.

Anyone with same condition? please share

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
torontob said:
So, she did show the paper you provided but they didn't ask for the medical insurance documents right?
No, the officer didn't ask for anything. My mom was probably screaming "2 years" "2 years" (that's what I told her to do :eek:). She also suggested to take a look at my letter. The officer didn't want it or anything else and said you have your 2 years. And it was written on the entry stamp.

ajcanada

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Visa Office......
ottawa
Doc's Request.
rcmp 05-05-2014
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
31 may 2014
Med's Done....
2 june and got RPRF same day
Interview........
June 18 status changed to medical recieved
Passport Req..
June 19, status changed to decision made JUNE 20
LANDED..........
July 6
Rossei said:
No, the officer didn't ask for anything. My mom was probably screaming "2 years" "2 years" (that's what I told her to do :eek:). She also suggested to take a look at my letter. The officer didn't want it or anything else and said you have your 2 years. And it was written on the entry stamp.
congrats ,
did u bought return ticket for ur mom

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ajcanada said:
congrats ,
I had to. The travel agencies back home won't sell you one-way ticket to Canada since the airport immigration can/will block the traveler. Anyway, her return is valid for a year.

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
hi guys,,im very confused,,,and i have a couple questions..
1-Is super visa easier to get than visit visa for parents?
2-when you apply online or on paper,how does cic knows your app is for super visa since the forms are the same?
3-what is the processing time for super visa?

Shazz

Sep 19, 2011
ajcanada said:
congrats ,
Hi all need some help!!!!

I applied supervisa for my parents by paper application on oct 31 2014 through VFS jalandhar in india. (medicals were not done upfront). Today Online status has been changed to :passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 06/11/2014 vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website.

But there is no tracking number or way bill no in the status. is it normal or take some time to update?

i know it may be medical request or rejection.

My question to others who already got visa is:-

1) do they send any email for medicals to applicants who applied by paper.
2) do they show in online status that medical request has been sent? or they just say passports has been couriered?

i m waiting for seniors response. thanks in advance.

ajcanada

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Visa Office......
ottawa
Doc's Request.
rcmp 05-05-2014
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
31 may 2014
Med's Done....
2 june and got RPRF same day
Interview........
June 18 status changed to medical recieved
Passport Req..
June 19, status changed to decision made JUNE 20
LANDED..........
July 6
lokyy said:
hi guys,,im very confused,,,and i have a couple questions..
Yes , successful rate of SP is higher than regular visitor visa
1-Is super visa easier to get than visit visa for parents?
2-when you apply online or on paper,how does cic knows your app is for super visa since the forms are the same?
When you follow the instructions in online application, it will lead you to super visa at some point
3-what is the processing time for super visa?
It depends, normally it is 2-4 weeks , my parents got their visa in 2 weeks

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Hi everyone,

I have some questions about Super Visa.

1. Is it I must work in Canada at least 1 year then only can apply Super Visa for my mum?
2. Is there anyone apply for it even though not yet reach the minimum income requirement?
3. Is there anyone can share how to write a proper letter to Visa Officer?

Thanks everyone!

Sincerely,
Kidrobot

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
kidrobot said:
Hi everyone,

I have some questions about Super Visa.

1. Is it I must work in Canada at least 1 year then only can apply Super Visa for my mum?
2. Is there anyone apply for it even though not yet reach the minimum income requirement?
3. Is there anyone can share how to write a proper letter to Visa Officer?

Thanks everyone!

Sincerely,
Kidrobot
Answer to #2 is NO. #1 others can comment. #3 what for? There are few letters posted on the forum regarding invitation / declaration of support.