08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ajcanada said:
nothing just two entry stamp from India and when they arrived at Toronto
i check all passport no other stamp and no other documents issued
so how to figured out , how long can they stay???
It has always been an issue in this forum; no one sorted it out. By default, if no dates are given in the passports, any visitor in Canada can stay up to 6 months. But in case of Super Visa; the rules are not clear. Hence, I wrote a letter that my mother was carrying this time (as she isn't fluent in English) and also told her to ask for 2-year stay permit on POE.

There is a topic on same concern as yours: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/super-visa-did-the-port-of-entry-stamp-their-passport-t155875.0.html

You may have to submit IMM 1436: Request to Amend the Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Valid Temporary Resident Documents form to CIC.

If I were you, I would contact CIC first.

ali_n

Jun 13, 2013
Hi

i am applying super visa for my parents. i so confused for Purpose of Travel.

they need proof for that but i don`t know what i have to provide.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ali_n said:
Hi

i am applying super visa for my parents. i so confused for Purpose of Travel.
Purpose: To visit our son and his family (if applicable)

they need proof for that but i don`t know what i have to provide.
Proof: Your invitation letter where you state that you're inviting your parents to visit you (for whatever duration). Your birth certificate will prove the relationship.

Dec 20, 2014
Hi,
I'm in the middle of applying for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa for my mother-in-law who is already in Canada on Visitor visa. As per the checklist generated by the wizard on CIC website, I need to submit IMM5708 along with other supporting documents. I have the following clarifications regarding the form IMM5708.

1) For question number 3 in the form there are 3 options to choose from.
a.Extension of my temporary resident visa
b.Restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor
c.Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit
I'm assuming the most appropriate option would be to choose option ‘c' since we are applying for a new temporary visa (super visa) and are also extending my mother-in-law's stay. Please let me know if the assumption and the option chosen is correct for our situation.

2) Assuming that we have to choose option ‘c' as stated above, when I fill the form and upload the form online on CIC website, following error message is thrown and I'm unable to upload the form.

To apply for a temporary resident permit, please complete the application on paper and submit it to a CIC office. When applying online, please ensure that the checkbox titled “initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit” is not checked on the application form.

Please let me know if any of you had faced this problem. The application needs to be submitted as soon as possible and any thoughts/ comments/suggestions is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question, requesting any info:

My mum came to canada in aug 2012 on super visa. The immigration officer stamped her passport for 1 yr, and said we could request for extension one month before the end of one year.

We applied for extension in july 2013 and she was extended for further two years till aug 2015.

But now in aug 2015, she has to leave country, yet she wants to come back and continue living with this, so how much time she has to leave canada for, few days? a month?

should she go to home country for a month and come back?
or can we drive to the US border (she has a US visior visa for 10 years), spend couple days in US and then she will get stamped back for 6 months/1 year??

Savior

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
Med's Request
01-01-2013
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Passport Req..
PPR 1 : 24-07-2013 PPR 2 : 15-08-2013
LANDED..........
23-10-2014
Jacaranda said:
I have a question, requesting any info:

My mum came to canada in aug 2012 on super visa. The immigration officer stamped her passport for 1 yr, and said we could request for extension one month before the end of one year.

We applied for extension in july 2013 and she was extended for further two years till aug 2015.

But now in aug 2015, she has to leave country, yet she wants to come back and continue living with this, so how much time she has to leave canada for, few days? a month?

should she go to home country for a month and come back?
or can we drive to the US border (she has a US visior visa for 10 years), spend couple days in US and then she will get stamped back for 6 months/1 year??
based on my research on different forums and talking to different ppl following are my findings:

- Applicant (in this case your mum) needs to exist Canada she can go anywhere US via road or air or coming to home country. The only thing that matters is she should exit and have exit stamp or some way has entry stamp on her passport to prove that she made an exit.
- for how long she should be out of Canada approx time is 2 to 3 months to prove that why did she made an exit and why she is coming back. e.g she could exit Canada now and come back in Apr saying that she it's too cold here so she is going back home and need to be some marriage in family or need to be part of family reunion back home/US.
- how to visit back in Canada the immigration officer may ask her why she is coming back although she recently left so she should be confident enough to say that she is here to spend more time with her grand children (if any) or need to attend family reunion.

but i have to say your mum is lucky to stay in Canada for 3 yrs in on go.

Note: this response is based on research n discussion.

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks Saviour for your insight

Savior said:
based on my research on different forums and talking to different ppl following are my findings:

- Applicant (in this case your mum) needs to exist Canada she can go anywhere US via road or air or coming to home country. The only thing that matters is she should exit and have exit stamp or some way has entry stamp on her passport to prove that she made an exit.
- for how long she should be out of Canada approx time is 2 to 3 months to prove that why did she made an exit and why she is coming back. e.g she could exit Canada now and come back in Apr saying that she it's too cold here so she is going back home and need to be some marriage in family or need to be part of family reunion back home/US.
- how to visit back in Canada the immigration officer may ask her why she is coming back although she recently left so she should be confident enough to say that she is here to spend more time with her grand children (if any) or need to attend family reunion.

but i have to say your mum is lucky to stay in Canada for 3 yrs in on go.

Note: this response is based on research n discussion.

baba1234

Aug 4, 2011
Yesterday I have applied for my father TRV online but unfortunately I forget to upload my Salary Certificate issued by my employer for which I need your advice urgently.

eva88

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
Hi All,
I am PR in Canada. I have to sponsor my parents for the supervisa. Both my parenta are working in new delhi. Could you please let me know about all the forms to be filled and a list of proofs and documents that needs to be attached? Please also advise about what is the processing time for supervisa from delhi these days and whether is it better to apply online or via vfs ? and also what are the main things that i need to make sure in order to make my parents application strong.
I really appreciate your quick response.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
I read a few pages of the thread here but i cant go through all of it! lol

Can i get a quick summary of how this works..I'm a Canadian, my common-law partner is very close to getting PR... like a few months away

Once she becomes PR, can her mother (currently living in Japan) apply for this visa?

A few questions

1. Can the sponsored parent work? study? or just live here?
2. Does the medical insurance need to be 1 year or 2 years ?
3. Once you apply, (assuming things go smoothly) when can the applicant actually get on the plane and come to Canada? 8 weeks i think i read?
4. Is there income requirement? She doesn't own much..but she'll live with us, we'll support her if she comes here
5. After the two year visa is up... what then??

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
bankerguy said:
I read a few pages of the thread here but i cant go through all of it! lol

Can i get a quick summary of how this works..I'm a Canadian, my common-law partner is very close to getting PR... like a few months away

Once she becomes PR, can her mother (currently living in Japan) apply for this visa?
Yes, she can. But in that case, you have to provide your income proof and co-sign with your partner on an Invitation Letter that you agree to bear all her cost during her stay in Canada.

1. Can the sponsored parent work? study? or just live here?
No, it's just a long-term VISITOR VISA.

2. Does the medical insurance need to be 1 year or 2 years ?
It has to be at least for 1 year with minimum $100,000 coverage. But you can buy for 2 years. FYI, this is just for emergency medical needs.

3. Once you apply, (assuming things go smoothly) when can the applicant actually get on the plane and come to Canada? 8 weeks i think i read?
Depends on the local visa office processing time. Since the applicant has to go through a medical evaluation test. it takes around 4~8 weeks.

4. Is there income requirement? She doesn't own much..but she'll live with us, we'll support her if she comes here
The income requirement is for the sponsor, meaning your partner (or you). You have to provide latest NOA/Option C/T4 (again depends on local visa office, whatever they prefer) which should meet LICO.

5. After the two year visa is up... what then??
She has to leave Canada. Actually, the Visa is given up to the validity of her passport (maximum 10 years). It's a multi-entry visa with which she can enter anytime and can live up to 2 years as opposed to regular multi-entry tourist visa with which one can stay only for 6 months upon each entry.

I hope I answered your questions. All these are pretty well explained on CIC website.

eva88

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
Hi, do we also have to show air tickets or itenary while applying for supervisa for parents ? Or trv ?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
eva88 said:
Hi, do we also have to show air tickets or itenary while applying for supervisa for parents ? Or trv ?
It's better to show an itenary (not a paid ticket) for a TRV. But for supervisa, you don't require anything.

eva88

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
Thanks for your response. My parents are working and they want to come in the summers for 1-2 months. Should i apply for their supervisa or trv ? As they dont want to apply for visa again n again. And could you please also let me know about the major things that i need to take care when i apply for their supervisa. Thanks