+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
@ Pari123

it seems the initial approval if submitted online is done by Ottawa and the file is then fowarded to the local office you indicated in the application form.

they ultimately will decide if visa is granted but i find online a lot easier to do and its all about documentation

good luck !!!

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
twiggy said:
@ Pari123

i would suggest you use the come to canada wizard and it will give you the appropriate documents required.
i would suggest you use the parent with most access to documentation i.e demonstration of ties to home and the other will be the secondary applicant..

good luck !!!
Thank you so much Twiggy...you are awesome +2 for you

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
farooq.ahmed said:
Hi

I also need to fill this form and wondering both my parents will be
Principle Applicant ?
No, there can be only one Principal Applicant, another parent is a dependent.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
twiggy said:
@ Pari123

it seems the initial approval if submitted online is done by Ottawa and the file is then fowarded to the local office you indicated in the application form.

they ultimately will decide if visa is granted but i find online a lot easier to do and its all about documentation

good luck !!!
Will Ottawa finalize the application in Canada if Ottawa has been chosen as the local office?

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
twiggy said:
I believe so since that will be the *country in which you are applying from*
But my parents are back home so I can apply on their behalf online and can select visa office in India...right

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
you are applying on their behalf (so all questions are related to them and not you). they are india so the country they are applying from is india and not here

good luck !!!

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
twiggy said:
you are applying on their behalf (so all questions are related to them and not you). they are india so the country they are applying from is india and not here

good luck !!!
Thank you

Haitokin

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
There's lots of great advice and information on this forum! Thanks to all contributors! I use it as a resource to stay on top of things because I have quite a few clients that ask questions about the application process, and that's not my area of expertise. So I often tell people about canadavisa.com as a place to get good info.

I'm an insurance guy. :eek:

If you are applying and need to know anything at all about insurance, you can get an instant free quote that shows all the available (better quality or lowest prices) policies that meet the super visa requirements here (just fill in the quote request form on lefthand side):

https://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/super-visa-insurance

Phone and ask questions, and you'll get our best advice on which policy makes the most sense for you depending on issues such as pre-existing conditions, expected travel schedule, best use of deductibles, etc.

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
Hello everyone! Im new here in this forum. I want to apply a supervisa for my mother. We are 4 here in Canda, my husband, my 22 yrs old son (working-not married) and my 18 yrs old daughter (student). We are 3 in family that are all working. My question is how much is the required family income (LICO) that we need for my mother's application for supervisa? I will really appreciate for your responses. Thanks in advance.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
milleth082002 said:
Hello everyone! Im new here in this forum. I want to apply a supervisa for my mother. We are 4 here in Canda, my husband, my 22 yrs old son (working-not married) and my 18 yrs old daughter (student). We are 3 in family that are all working. My question is how much is the required family income (LICO) that we need for my mother's application for supervisa? I will really appreciate for your responses. Thanks in advance.
Please check this chart : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables

HAQ

Jan 28, 2014
Hi All,

I hope someone out here will be able to help me. I applied for a Super Visa for my mother-in-law in Islamabad, Pakistan and 2 weeks after I received the TRV refusal letter. The have given me two reasons:

1) travel history;
2) personal assets and financial status.

I think the primary reason of refusal is 2. My mother-in-law does not work; nor does her husband. They are above 50 and live off their sons who are abroad. They do not own a property in Pakistan. My mother-in-law has strong ties in Pakistan: 1 husband, 1 son (student) and 1 daughter (student). She must return to Pakistan to be with her family.

I relied on attaching my strong financial position in Canada. I am a Professional and working for the same firm for the last 8 years. I attached my T4, employment letter, last 6 pay slips, last 3 months bank statement along with city taxes of my house (I know it was an overkill, but I wanted to make ensure CIC that money was not an issue).

I would like to re-apply. What do you recommend? How can I show the financial status of my mother-in-law? I thought that super visa was putting a financial burden on the sponsor and not on the visa applicant. This refusal really confused me.

Any suggestions/recommendations will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
How to upload health insurance online?

:-\ :-\ :-\

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
HAQ said:
Hi All,

I hope someone out here will be able to help me. I applied for a Super Visa for my mother-in-law in Islamabad, Pakistan and 2 weeks after I received the TRV refusal letter. The have given me two reasons:

1) travel history;
2) personal assets and financial status.

I think the primary reason of refusal is 2. My mother-in-law does not work; nor does her husband. They are above 50 and live off their sons who are abroad. They do not own a property in Pakistan. My mother-in-law has strong ties in Pakistan: 1 husband, 1 son (student) and 1 daughter (student). She must return to Pakistan to be with her family.

I relied on attaching my strong financial position in Canada. I am a Professional and working for the same firm for the last 8 years. I attached my T4, employment letter, last 6 pay slips, last 3 months bank statement along with city taxes of my house (I know it was an overkill, but I wanted to make ensure CIC that money was not an issue).

I would like to re-apply. What do you recommend? How can I show the financial status of my mother-in-law? I thought that super visa was putting a financial burden on the sponsor and not on the visa applicant. This refusal really confused me.

Any suggestions/recommendations will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
How much total $$ amount you showed in your bank account ?

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering is there anyone have successfully extend parents TRV to super visa or as TRV in Canada? If yes, could you please share the procedure?

Now my mum hold a multi-entry TRV in Canada. I want her to stay here as long as possible. I'm a new PR, haven't found a job yet but my sister is Canadian citizen, she can apply the super visa for our mum. She bought a house few years ago and have 1 children and have a stable job.

I heard that we can extend parents TRV to super visa in Canada, is it true?

Will cic reject the super visa application due to the housing loan and family expenses? Or as long as can show that she meet the LICO then everything will be ok? Please advise.

The LICO requirement for super visa is before or after any other deduction(Eg: income tax, EI...etc)?

Regarding proof of fund. Can my sis show her & her husband's bank statement as proof of fund? At least how much money she need to show? Can my mum show her home country bank statement?or show my bank statement?

How high is the chances to get the super visa?

I'm a new PR. If I only work for 1 month can I extend my mum TRV to super visa?

Can my sis and I sign the form together and show our pay stub as proof of LICO (if I am able to found a job before submit the super visa application)?

What reason should I stated in the letter for extension?

Once the parents sponsorship re-open, we will submit the form. But now has closed so we only can extend her stay as TRV or super visa. Definitely want my mum stay here forever now I'm looking for the best solution to do it.

How about medical insurance? Buy 1st or buy after super visa get approved? How much do I need to pay annually?
----------------------------------------------------------------
If extend as TRV

If continue to extend to TRV, how high is the chances to get approved? Can be extend to 3 mths? 1 year? 2 years? How to ask for it? Please advise.

What reason should I write in the letter? It's been about 12 years my mum and sis doesn't see each other. This is my mum first trip to Canada. Now my mum can stay 6 months.

I'm not working right now. Can i help my mum extend her stay? Can i use my bank statement as proof of financial?

Wish all the senior in this forum can provide some advise and answer.

Thanks everyone!

Sincerely,
Kidrobot