+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

ottawat

Feb 13, 2012
Re: delays for medicals at London
My mom's medicals were sent to London office as well. She did the medicals on Sept 22 and a repeat xray on 16 Jan 2011.
Before the London's office the medicals were sent to Vienna and it usually took 2 to 3 weeks.
I've seen on other forums that it took 2 months and a half to get some results back...

I think we should voice our concerns with CIC.

T

torontonian999

News Release – Parent and Grandparent Super Visa soars to new heights

Super Visa approval rate now at 77 percent

Ottawa, March 5, 2012 — More than one thousand Parent and Grandparent Super Visa applications have been approved in less than three months since the Super Visa program took flight, for an overall approval rate of 77 percent, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“I'm pleased that the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is working as intended and giving large numbers of eligible parents and grandparents an opportunity to spend extended periods of time with their families in Canada,” said Minister Kenney.

The process for getting a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is simple and straightforward. Applicants for the Super Visa must submit proof that the host child or grandchild meets a minimum income, demonstrate that they have purchased comprehensive Canadian medical insurance and undergo the Immigration Medical Examination. Almost 99 percent of Super Visa applicants who met these requirements also went on to meet all other standard admissibility criteria which are required for all visa applicants.

In the days following its announcement, Abbotsford-based writer Manpreet Grewal said that “few would argue the wisdom of the new parent and grandparent super visa.” She added that “the super visa will allow parents and grandparents to follow a natural flow between Canada and other countries without creating an unnecessary burden on the Canadian taxpayer or spinning families into unnecessary stress.”

As of February 26, 80 percent of the finalized Super Visa applications were processed to a final decision within 41 calendar days, well below the target of eight weeks. As application volumes ramp up, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will continue to aim for a Super Visa processing time of eight weeks or less.

w.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-03-05.asp

omeirk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
torontonian999 said:
News Release – Parent and Grandparent Super Visa soars to new heights

Super Visa approval rate now at 77 percent

Ottawa, March 5, 2012 — More than one thousand Parent and Grandparent Super Visa applications have been approved in less than three months since the Super Visa program took flight, for an overall approval rate of 77 percent, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“I'm pleased that the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is working as intended and giving large numbers of eligible parents and grandparents an opportunity to spend extended periods of time with their families in Canada,” said Minister Kenney.

The process for getting a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is simple and straightforward. Applicants for the Super Visa must submit proof that the host child or grandchild meets a minimum income, demonstrate that they have purchased comprehensive Canadian medical insurance and undergo the Immigration Medical Examination. Almost 99 percent of Super Visa applicants who met these requirements also went on to meet all other standard admissibility criteria which are required for all visa applicants.

In the days following its announcement, Abbotsford-based writer Manpreet Grewal said that “few would argue the wisdom of the new parent and grandparent super visa.” She added that “the super visa will allow parents and grandparents to follow a natural flow between Canada and other countries without creating an unnecessary burden on the Canadian taxpayer or spinning families into unnecessary stress.”

As of February 26, 80 percent of the finalized Super Visa applications were processed to a final decision within 41 calendar days, well below the target of eight weeks. As application volumes ramp up, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will continue to aim for a Super Visa processing time of eight weeks or less.

w.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-03-05.asp
What about people applying from islamabad? We havent even gotten a single visa processed for applicants as far back as Dec!

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
They don't have marraige certificate. Also, my dad died in 1992 , all I have his death certificate and it has not exactly same address as on our mom's passport

I believe this is not huge thing but don't want to mess up

goal80 said:
No problem.. just provide your birth certificate (in english or french) as required by the super visa. If you are still worry, your parents can provide their marriage certificate (in english or french)

Juzer

May 27, 2011
I got an email from Nairobi High Commission they are Mentioning this....

Proof that your medical coverage is still valid given your pre-existing medical condition. This must be received at this office by: 04/02/2012.

I dont understand what they mean by this. My mothers medical result were good. She has got hypertension( high blood pressure) but that condition is controlled and she takes one tablet everyday. Could this be a Pre-existing medical condition? Isnt this covered in the insurance? Do i need to get another insurance. I bought a medical insurance for $1300 for one year...isnt it covered in this insurance?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Juzer said:
I got an email from Nairobi High Commission they are Mentioning this....

Proof that your medical coverage is still valid given your pre-existing medical condition. This must be received at this office by: 04/02/2012.

I dont understand what they mean by this. My mothers medical result were good. She has got hypertension( high blood pressure) but that condition is controlled and she takes one tablet everyday. Could this be a Pre-existing medical condition? Isnt this covered in the insurance? Do i need to get another insurance. I bought a medical insurance for $1300 for one year...isnt it covered in this insurance?

'Hypertension' is regarded as a pre-existing condition. When you applied for medical insurance, did you notify them about this and include all/some pre-existing conditions in the terms? If you haven't, then the insurer may not cover such conditions.

At present, I'm also dealing with this. I've just applied through a broker (found in this forum). For example, GMS would allow pre-existing conditions but they won't provide you any proof of that in writing. On the contrary, TIC would write everything and give it to you with higher price.

Since the request was directly sent from embassy, you've to do something about it. Talk to your broker or insurer about this. If your pre-existing conditions weren't included, ask them to include it and give you a proof ASAP. You may have to pay extra money for it.

Juzer

May 27, 2011
@rossi..please could you give me the contact of the insurance broker since my broker refuses to include that. I bought the insurance from travel gaurd.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Juzer said:
@ rossi..please could you give me the contact of the insurance broker since my broker refuses to include that. I bought the insurance from travel gaurd.
Well, that sucks. If you buy another insurance, will you be able to get full refund for the previous one (Travel Guard)?

I'm dealing with Gary. You may have seen his posts in this forum before.

Gary Goldshmidt
Managing Director
Stone-Hedge Financial Group Inc.
Toll Free 1.888.410.4393
Toronto Tel 416.410.4393
Email: gary @ stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
pulsarsidhu said:
Medicals done by parents: Feb 22, 2012
Passport requested : March 6, 2012
..Now...Fingers crossed !!!
Good luck!!!

When you get it, let us know and brief your timeline. Thanks.

Juzer

May 27, 2011
I got another medical policy from Travel Underwriter for $1900 and i cancelled the travel guard policy which i bought for $1200..Now am submitting this new policy to the embassy..Will they accept the policy? The policy clearly states that it covers Pre-existing medical conditions which are stable in the 120days prior to the effective date of this policy of a person under the age of 69years. My mother is 51 years old.
Senior Members please advice if this policy will be acceptable? Will the embassy create any problems as to why i cancelled my pervious policy and got a new one after there request. OR is this normal. Am scared..After crossing all the hordles i dont want to fail in the last hordle...
By the way the embassy had sent me a email to provide a proof that my existing insurance policy is still valid given my mothers pre-existing medical condition..( which i think they are refering to high blood pressure

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Juzer said:
I got another medical policy from Travel Underwriter for $1900 and i cancelled the travel guard policy which i bought for $1200..Now am submitting this new policy to the embassy..Will they accept the policy? The policy clearly states that it covers Pre-existing medical conditions which are stable in the 120days prior to the effective date of this policy of a person under the age of 69years. My mother is 51 years old.
Senior Members please advice if this policy will be acceptable? Will the embassy create any problems as to why i cancelled my pervious policy and got a new one after there request. OR is this normal. Am scared..After crossing all the hordles i dont want to fail in the last hordle...
By the way the embassy had sent me a email to provide a proof that my existing insurance policy is still valid given my mothers pre-existing medical condition..( which i think they are refering to high blood pressure
I think you should write a cover letter stating the fact why you had to switch to another insurer. Mention that you were unaware of the previous insurer not covering pre-existing condition. You may also provide proof of cancellation. Moreover, you can also mention that you're paying extra money this time so that it covers your mom's condition. Finally, apologize for the inconveniences and ask for approval.

omeirk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Rossei said:
I think you should write a cover letter stating the fact why you had to switch to another insurer. Mention that you were unaware of the previous insurer not covering pre-existing condition. You may also provide proof of cancellation. Moreover, you can also mention that you're paying extra money this time so that it covers your mom's condition. Finally, apologize for the inconveniences and ask for approval.
Nicely put, this should satisfy the officer.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)

YuliyaD

Feb 15, 2012
I have received my NOA finally. now I'm looking for health insurance for my grandmother. She is 80. I got a quote from Manulife - $3,300 with $1,000 deductible.

Can anyone recommend other insurance compnaies, that would offer coverage for an 80 year old?