+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

Juzer

May 27, 2011
I have forwarded the new insurance cover from Travel underwritters ( Platinum cover) with a cover letter and also proof that i have cancelled the old policy i had purchased from Travel guard today to canadian high commission nairobi. Now eagerly waiting for a response. I hope i have managed to satisfy the visa officer and my mother gets the visa...

All the best to my friends to are in the same position like me....Please guys keep us updated

sin82

Apr 21, 2010
Hi
I am a permanent resident in Canada My mom lives in Iran and she is alone I would like her to apply for super visa , but I have some questions about it My yearly earning is 21500 $ after tax and I live alone . My mom owns a house back home have receives two retirement wages .
As long as Iran's political and economical situation is not stable and based on the situation we are in now is it possible to gain this visa ?
Because in CIC website it is stated that the country of residence should have stable politics and economy .
Thank you very much

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sin82 said:
Hi
I am a permanent resident in Canada My mom lives in Iran and she is alone I would like her to apply for super visa , but I have some questions about it My yearly earning is 21500 $ after tax and I live alone . My mom owns a house back home have receives two retirement wages .
As long as Iran's political and economical situation is not stable and based on the situation we are in now is it possible to gain this visa ?
Because in CIC website it is stated that the country of residence should have stable politics and economy .
Thank you very much
First of all, your minimum income has to be $28,182/year (2 persons: you & your mom) in order to be eligible for Super Visa. You mentioned your earning as "After Tax"; actually this income just needs to be your gross salary (before tax). Check Super Visa criteria carefully: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables.

It's good that your mom has some properties in her name and also gets pensions. But I can't comment on Iran's current situation and CIC's perspective towards Iran. I would ask you to do bit more research on Canada-Iran relation. And if you're eligible, I would suggest you to apply quickly as Iran's situation may get worse in coming days.

FYI, CIC-Iran Link: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/iran/visas/parents_grandparents-parents_grands_parents.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
naveen73 said:
Hi All,

Applied for Super Visa at Canadian Embassy New Delhi on March 5th 2012, received passport with Visitor Visa on March 7th 2012.

Didn't get super visa becuase my mom passport is valid until 2016 and as per the letter from CIC (Delhi) they want 10 year valid passport.

My Question?

Is that a valid reason for rejection of Super Visa, I can't renew my passport until 2016.
Is VISA not valid if I get now 10 years super visa and when I renew the passport will it not carry forward to new passport.
Can I contact on phone and ask for reconsideration.

Thanks
This is something new. Your mom should have got Super Visa till the expiry in 2016. TRUONGAN's mom got 5-year Super Visa but for other reasons (as the maximum allowed visa validity is 5 years for Vietnamese) and jignesh_padia's mother-in-law got it till 2018.

You can certainly make an inquiry. Another forum member CalgaryKD's mom was rejected first showing the reason that he himself immigrated as a refugee. Then he flew back home, fought against the reason and got the visa. You can call CIC within Canada first and get some answers in your favour. Later call New Delhi office and refer to what you know/hear from CIC.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Has anyone applied Super Visa for less than 1 year (i.e. 6 months)? This refers to the intended duration of stay. I'm just afraid if they're going to issue a TRV instead of Super Visa seeing 6 month in the application.
I guess most of the applicants applied for 1 year.

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Hey guys,

Can you advice on the below query?

I have already sent papers to my mom( I had filled for her), she will receive it within a week and then will apply probably end of the month

She has already done medicals upfront and the doctors will send report to Chandigarh Embassy

They gave her one form which needs to be attached with the application

@Rossei : I have mentioned in the letter of invitation that

The sole purpose of applying for the mother's visa is that she can visit her son and daughter-in-law whenever she wishes. She has her own house and has rented out few properties that is on her name. She has no intent to stay here in Canada permanently. She is going to spend 7-8 months with us this time and planning to come in June 2012

ipskang said:
They don't have marraige certificate. Also, my dad died in 1992 , all I have his death certificate and it has not exactly same address as on our mom's passport

I believe this is not huge thing but don't want to mess up

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Mom arrived last Saturday safe and sound, 2 year stay granted after a 2-hour throughout examination at VIA.

First time comers! Be aware of this to book connecting flights.

T

torontonian999

My mom is already in Canada, and I applied for extension of her visitor status through the Super Visa (through Vegreville, AB), and received a 2-year extension today (actually slightly longer than 2 years - 2 years and 21 days :D). It says on the Visitor Record that medical forms have been mailed separately and that my mom must have the medical examination done within 90 days. I was expecting them to ask for medicals first, but instead they issued the extension of visitor record first, and then asked to complete the medicals within 90 days. Good luck to all of you with your applications!

TRUONGAN said:
Mom arrived last Saturday safe and sound, 2 year stay granted after a 2-hour throughout examination at VIA.

omeirk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
TRUONGAN said:

What examination did they carry out if could ask?

imran007

Star Member
Apr 9, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4121(University Professor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-11-09
Doc's Request.
18-12-09
Nomination.....
17-04-10
AOR Received.
23-04-10
TRUONGAN said:

Congrats ....My parents are coming on this Thursday...Can u please elaborate what they ask etc??we have also written a letter for POE... anything that u can suggest/advice us..

Thanks in advance

Juzer

May 27, 2011
UPDATES!!!!!!

I got a call from Nairobi Embassy asking me to collect the my mothers passport. The lady told me that my mum has been granted the super visa. Will send the courier guy to collect the passport tomorrow and i will get them to friday morning.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Juzer said:
UPDATES!!!!!!

I got a call from Nairobi Embassy asking me to collect the my mothers passport. The lady told me that my mum has been granted the super visa. Will send the courier guy to collect the passport tomorrow and i will get them to friday morning.
Congrats Juzer!!! You must be relieved.

Don't forget to post upon passport recept. Pulsarsidhu didn't post afterwards to let us know if he got visa or not.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
imran007 said:
Congrats ....My parents are coming on this Thursday...Can u please elaborate what they ask etc??we have also written a letter for POE... anything that u can suggest/advice us..

Thanks in advance
Make sure she brings a letter from you asking POE to please kindly grant 2 year and make them alert that this is Super Visa PG1. Otherwise they won't bother fixing the date on their pre-set system for all visitors. Knowing that there have only been 1000 approved Super Visa, I don't think POEs have handled many Super Visa entry cases.

Examination includes questions (with interpreter of course) and checked baggages. But after everything is cleared they were very nice. They do their job to protect Canada.

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Juzer said:
UPDATES!!!!!!
Congratulations Juzer .. Please let us know the validity duration of the visa
I'm still waiting for my parents decision !!!!!

imran007

Star Member
Apr 9, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4121(University Professor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-11-09
Doc's Request.
18-12-09
Nomination.....
17-04-10
AOR Received.
23-04-10
TRUONGAN said:
Make sure she brings a letter from you asking POE to please kindly grant 2 year and make them alert that this is Super Visa PG1. Otherwise they won't bother fixing the date on their pre-set system for all visitors. Knowing that there have only been 1000 approved Super Visa, I don't think POEs have handled many Super Visa entry cases.

Examination includes questions (with interpreter of course) and checked baggages. But after everything is cleared they were very nice. They do their job to protect Canada.

Thanks a lot.we have given them a letter with these information.They will be reaching tomm. Hopefully they get 2 year stay.FINGERS CROSSED..will update soon...