Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Rossei said:
Thanks TRUONGAN for sharing it. This is completely different than what I wrote in my "Invitation Letter". Mine looks like a letter to my mother saying how I owe to her and miss her dearly with all emotional attachment I could think of. I also made a letter with a heading "Declaration of Support" which, by the way, matches with the one you wrote here.

You said before that you had some writing full of emotions and feelings. Which one contains these? :-\ You also made a 'cover letter' for all your docs I suppose. How many "letters" have you made in total?
LOL I had two only, I am not a poet - this formal one and the other emotional one. None of them was addressed to my mom. They both were meant to be read by VO. I told my mom not to read b/c that would make her confused, and not let anyone read it, just submit the letters along with the forms and VO will read. The emotional one I told VO why I want to bring my mom here. I think the emotional letter did help a lot in her success. And emotion can't be the same. my experience is different from yours.

- You should emphasize on the nice sceneries at your place and you will definitely take her there.
- Show your appreciation towards government for the Super Visa
- Elaborate on the last 2 rejections (don't be afraid to go upfront on this), go straight into the reason of refusal and admit the ties were not strong enough back then (don't blame their colleagues). Tell them the insurance coverage will make sure she will be burnden-free to Canada.

These are my suggestions only, you do it the way you feel best. If you prepare the documents right, your mom should have 99% chance of visa this time, especially when sponsors are good citizens working as professionals and pay good taxes in Canada. Seeing that you obtained PR as a skilled worker, they will reward your mom a chance to witness your successes here.

In my view, Canada in general and CIC prefer immigrants with skilled worker background over those with refugee or family dependant background so they likely make favourable decisions in your mom case.

imran007

Star Member
Apr 9, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4121(University Professor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-11-09
Doc's Request.
18-12-09
Nomination.....
17-04-10
AOR Received.
23-04-10
TRUONGAN

congratulations .....

Juzer

May 27, 2011
I have not written an emotional letter instead the lawyer wrote a covering letter explaining case laws on why the officer should issue my mum the super visa. The thing I am worried about is I became a permanent resident under skilled worker class on 3 october but I left canada immediatly after getting my pr card and currently staying in Kenya with my mother. My sister and brother in law have sponsored my mother. Have put there documents. The lawyer has mentioned that my mother has sufficient family ties in Kenya coz she lives in Kenya with me. I do intend to stay in Kenya for another two years before I go back to settle in canada. In the family information form I have put my Kenyan address since am in Kenya

Style

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
February 2010
Med's Done....
December 2009
Passport Req..
March 2011
question on low income cut off. We are a family of 2 (wife and I) and applying for her Father and Mother in which LICO do we fall. would it for 2 person or 4?

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Style said:
question on low income cut off. We are a family of 2 (wife and I) and applying for her Father and Mother in which LICO do we fall. would it for 2 person or 4?
4 people

Style

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
February 2010
Med's Done....
December 2009
Passport Req..
March 2011
^if that's the case then why does CIC show's LICO for 1 person?

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Style said:
^if that's the case then why does CIC show's LICO for 1 person?
no need to. 1 means yourself and you are not sponsoring anyone. You sponsor at least one, that's why 2 is minimum in LICO.

Think!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I've another question:

Suppose my mom has been granted for a 6 months leave from work (6 months is the MAX she can get). In this case, should I apply for Super Visa for 6 months? Or, I can apply for more than that (i.e. 1 year)? This mismatch may cause issues - I assume. On the contrary, if she applies for 6 months, may they ask us to apply for a regular TRV?

I know I'm getting paranoid with Super Visa. I was lot calmer for my PR. :(

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Rossei said:
I've another question:

Suppose my mom has been granted for a 6 months leave from work (6 months is the MAX she can get). In this case, should I apply for Super Visa for 6 months? Or, I can apply for more than that (i.e. 1 year)? This mismatch may cause issues - I assume. On the contrary, if she applies for 6 months, may they ask us to apply for a regular TRV?

I know I'm getting paranoid with Super Visa. I was lot calmer for my PR. :(
Depends on how many mths you really want your mom to stay. If she wishes to stay more than 6 mths then apply for Super Visa, otherwise regular visitor visa would suffice. If she still wants to stay here on Super Visa, you can also request just 6 mths stay to match with the Leave of Absence. POE can then grant 2 year. Insurance must be purchased for one full year though. Make sure you explain this to VO.

Super Visa is easier to get because it is criteria-based, unlike visitor visa people are judge by VO's presumption.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
TRUONGAN said:
Depends on how many mths you really want your mom to stay. If she wishes to stay more than 6 mths then apply for Super Visa, otherwise regular visitor visa would suffice. If she still wants to stay here on Super Visa, you can also request just 6 mths stay to match with the Leave of Absence. POE can then grant 2 year. Insurance must be purchased for one full year though. Make sure you explain this to VO.

Super Visa is easier to get because it is criteria-based, unlike visitor visa people are judge by VO's presumption.
I'm not willing to apply for another TRV as Super Visa seems easier.

I'm just asking should I match her intended duration of stay with her leave of absence from work? Or. is it okay if she applies for 1 year although her No Objection Certificate (NOC) from employer states 6 months of leave has been granted?

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Rossei said:
I'm not willing to apply for another TRV as Super Visa seems easier.

I'm just asking should I match her intended duration of stay with her leave of absence from work? Or. is it okay if she applies for 1 year although her No Objection Certificate (NOC) from employer states 6 months of leave has been granted?
Should match LOA. Again, POE will grant her 2 year anyway. But she should tell VO she will be going for 6 mths on LOA.

Style

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
February 2010
Med's Done....
December 2009
Passport Req..
March 2011
anyone know if CIC will allow a grant if you are short of LICO by 3k? and do they look at your current income or what you filled last tax yr?

Juzer

May 27, 2011
Guys latest update I got a call from canadian high commission Kenya to collect my mothers documents.I asked that lady if she was returning all the document or is it medical forms. She said its medical forms. I will get that documents tomorrow morning from the courier guy. I won't belive it until I see the forms myself. Am getting impatient and also very worried to

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Juzer said:
Guys latest update I got a call from canadian high commission Kenya to collect my mothers documents.I asked that lady if she was returning all the document or is it medical forms. She said its medical forms. I will get that documents tomorrow morning from the courier guy. I won't belive it until I see the forms myself. Am getting impatient and also very worried to
Congratulations! Another parent is coming soon.

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Juzer said:
That's very good news for every body
Please confirm tomorrow that you received the medical