Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
gpz100 said:
Hi I am new to this forum and planning to apply for super visa for my mother in law very soon may be first week of feb, was going through different resources regarding this especially this forum, Thanks to many memebers especially TRUANGAN (you are awesome) I got most of the info from your post ? Howz it going for you ? heard anything after medicals ?? hw about others ? anyone got the visa yet; ok my plan for the entire process is this, tell me if you have any better options.

Step 1: Gather all dox for my MIL, especially house ownership dox back in India
Step 2: Prepare application here in canada, Same time get the insurance (single entry for one year $10000, GMS.ca looks good for me - its about $1500 - $1700 for zero deductables)
Step 3: I am gonna send my MIL for upfront medicals, it looks like this way the application is faster.
Step 4: Send all the documents (Invitation letter from my wife which shows purpose of visit also shows that we will send her back to India with in a year as she has two other children to take care, IMM applications, mine & wife's pay stubs & proof of her employement along with marriage cert, insurance documents )that I have here to my MIL in India.
Step 5: Prepare Demand Draft for $150 & second DD for Rs. 56 in India
Step 6: Combine all the docs from me with Passport, DD, Medicals, insurance papers, 2 photos
Step 7: Courier the application to New Delhi Office, Inida & give everything in God's hands !!!

any better thoughts ???

Thanks in Advance !!!
Your plan for the entire process looks perfect. Best of luck to you and your MIL. Make sure you supply LICO proof.

pulsarsidhu

Nov 24, 2011
Hi,

Two things should to mention:

1)Your MIL do not need upfront medicals until she is asked to do so. Medicals will be only from Consulate assigned doctors.

2) You do not have to send $150 from here as consulate in India accept only INR as fee (it could be cash ot B.D)

Thanks,

gpz100

Jan 31, 2012
Hi Truongan

Thanks for the wish, Update us when u hear something new.....

@ Pulsarsidhu

1. I thought of doing upfront medicals just to make the process faster from an assigned doctor
follow this link it says we can do upfront medicals even before approval - section 12 (it doesnt guarantee approval though) (make sure you add www for this link and copy paste) ... canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/visit-visiter.aspx?lang=eng&view=d#a12

2. I am planning to take $150 DD from India and they will accept it ... follow this link to see (section C )...(make sure you add www for this link and copy paste) canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/tr_fees-frais_rt.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Just for your Info:
when I applied for my PR I had some of my friends who sent DD in local currency and since the currency rates fluctuate frequently and if the rate goes down, they may send you back the DD in Indian Rupees then you have to reapply where as if the DD is in CAD there is no worry about this.

K

katetellkate

My father in law applied 12 of January and still no result.They say it takes a little bit longer now

imran007

Star Member
Apr 9, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4121(University Professor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-11-09
Doc's Request.
18-12-09
Nomination.....
17-04-10
AOR Received.
23-04-10
My mother's further medical test has been done...will submit passport nxt week...

will update accordingly

Juzer

May 27, 2011
Anyone as applied in the Nairobi Embassy? I have sent my mothers documents on tuesday..Now waiting....

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
katetellkate said:
My father in law applied 12 of January and still no result.They say it takes a little bit longer now
my mother completed medical on jan 12 it's been 3 weeks now. there was one week off for lunar new year but still haven't heard anything.

we're from vietnam so her medical was forwarded to singapore for review. :( So long...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
TRUONGAN said:
my mother completed medical on jan 12 it's been 3 weeks now. there was one week off for lunar new year but still haven't heard anything.

we're from vietnam so her medical was forwarded to singapore for review. :( So long...
What determines the fact that the medical result will be reviewed by other CIC offices? I'm wondering what happens for Dhaka, Bangladesh. Like immigration stuffs are handled by Singapore as well for applicants in Bangladesh.

I've found only this info in CIC-Bangladesh website:
After a medical examination with the Designated Medical Practitioner, the results are sent to our medical office to review. The medical office then sends their assessment to our visa section.
For temporary resident (visitor, student, worker) applications, it normally takes 4 weeks after your medical examination before we will contact you regarding the next stage of your application.

I guess Super Visa falls under this regulation as well.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Rossei said:
What determines the fact that the medical result will be reviewed by other CIC offices? I'm wondering what happens for Dhaka, Bangladesh. Like immigration stuffs are handled by Singapore as well for applicants in Bangladesh.

I've found only this info in CIC-Bangladesh website:
After a medical examination with the Designated Medical Practitioner, the results are sent to our medical office to review. The medical office then sends their assessment to our visa section.
For temporary resident (visitor, student, worker) applications, it normally takes 4 weeks after your medical examination before we will contact you regarding the next stage of your application.

I guess Super Visa falls under this regulation as well.
Singapore has a Regional Health Management office that look after medical results for South East Asia region including my country and yours. Just like Ottawa process medical for people in Canada and USA.

I hope we will hear sth next week. The wait is really irritating! Have you got all the docs required?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
TRUONGAN said:
Singapore has a Regional Health Management office that look after medical results for South East Asia region including my country and yours. Just like Ottawa process medical for people in Canada and USA.

I hope we will hear sth next week. The wait is really irritating! Have you got all the docs required?
When I first applied for my student visa from Bangladesh in 2004, I wasn't aware that my medical went to Singapore for review. During that time, we straight applied to the Canadian Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh. But it changed in recent years as visa processing has been outsourced to VFS.

Re: my mom's Super Visa application, I'm taking it slow. Still haven't bought medical insurance but most probably will go with GMS (alternatively TIC). My mom is going to apply for a new passport soon as hers is going to expire next year. I'm still in confusion if I should submit my NOA's at all. Well, that's about it.

I'm waiting like you guys as well for positive results of Super Visa.

jasi

Feb 3, 2012
hi
friends 4 super visa if any one got medical request what u do after th medical when to send the passport

raiden213

Feb 4, 2012
Hello everyone,,

My mother in law's application was sent last Jan. 20/ 2012 to the Canadian embassy Manila and we received a letter outlining the need for Medicals that should be done within 30 days in receipt of the letter. However, it is also stated on the letter that we need to submit a proof of medical insurance for my mother-in-law although we have already included that same document that we submit to the embassy. Is there any other docs that you need to send to them aside from receipt of purchase and policy wording of medical insurance to validate that you indeed purchase the insurance? I am just puzzled why they are still asking for proof. By the way we purchase the insurance online through Group Medical Services (GMS). Can anyone give me an advice to this hiccup on the application. We were really glad she was going for her medical but somewhat still needs additional documentation which can lengthen the processing of her supervisa.

Thanks.

jasi

Feb 3, 2012
jasi said:
hi
friends my MIL apply for super visa on jan,16 to chandigarh office in india she got medcal letter on feb 1, she is going for medical on feb,6th i would like to know what happen after the medical when she has to send the passport or they will ask her to send the passport?