+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

jcmal

Jul 30, 2010
My mom was told that her application is "pending medical exam". The receptionist told her to expect an email in 2 weeks time. She said this visa is very new and it would take 5-6 weeks to complete process. She also said they have received many applications lately. I assume they are busy so my mom will have to wait 2 weeks to go for medical exam? Does that mean they have completed assessing the documents and will send her for medical exam in 2 weeks???

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
jcmal said:
My mom was told that her application is "pending medical exam". The receptionist told her to expect an email in 2 weeks time. She said this visa is very new and it would take 5-6 weeks to complete process. She also said they have received many applications lately. I assume they are busy so my mom will have to wait 2 weeks to go for medical exam? Does that mean they have completed assessing the documents and will send her for medical exam in 2 weeks???
i too hope medical request is the end of story. it should be that way, though, visa offices understand it is costly to undergo medical exam and then be refused for some other reasons. they think logically, too, just like us.

next week there will be a massive number of super visa issued!

Newbie1234

Oct 29, 2011
Hi,

If I do not meet LICO, can I include my husband's income for super visa the way we co sign for regular immigration?

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Newbie1234 said:
Hi,

If I do not meet LICO, can I include my husband's income for super visa the way we co sign for regular immigration?
if you both file tax return together, i dont see any problem. LICO is for a family unit assessment.

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
For those who concern about the super visa validity.
When you receive your medical forms with your passports, you can take the passports and renew them to have a longer validity.
Once you receive the new passports, send them back to the VO along with the old passports and a letter explaining that you renewed the passports.
It's better to do that before they ask you to submit your passports to get the visa.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Anyone got Super Visa here? How long after medical?

sensforlife

Jan 24, 2012
Hi Guys
i am new to this , i am a canadian citizen and planning to apply for super visa for my parents living in Pakistan .
if anyone can give some helpful tips that would be really appreciated .i do meet all the criteria of income and can purchase the health insurance as well.i am worried about being turned down and it will be heart broken for my mom specially . i know we are suppose to provide a letter confirming that i will be responsible financially for my parents while they are here , can someone post a sample application and letter only so we could use as an example and be sucessfull. i havent seen my parents in 15 years , i have a son and i would like my parents to meet him and stay here on super visa two years at a time .
please advise
thanks

Juzer

May 27, 2011
I have submitted my mothers super visa application is Nairobi, Kenya Today.
Am really worried because my mother has been rejected visitors visa twice. I will be totally heart broken if it gets reject once again. I have used help of an immigration lawyer in toronto.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
CalgaryKD said:
also if you guys are wondering about insurance policies (Im sure most of you are already sick of insurance brokers in this forum) $100000 annual coverage uninterrupted is required. Meaning one single trip valid one year minimum $100000 coverage. No multi trip coverages are expected. I got a letter from the embassy asking me to change my policy. So I did. I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Has everyone here bought single trip travel insurance for super visa? If multi-trip coverage causes issues, then I will go with what everyone has done so far. Thanks.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Juzer said:
I have submitted my mothers super visa application is Nairobi, Kenya Today.
Am really worried because my mother has been rejected visitors visa twice. I will be totally heart broken if it gets reject once again. I have used help of an immigration lawyer in toronto.
be strong and faithful. many people are in the same boat and sharing the same feelings with you.

Juzer

May 27, 2011
@ TROUONGAN...Thank you very much for the encouragement. I will keep you guys updated. We have written a very strong letter to the V.O with mentions of various case laws stating why my mother is a ligitimate visitor. Have given it my best shot this time around. Now i have left it on AL-MIGHTY GOD.

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Rossei said:
Has everyone here bought single trip travel insurance for super visa? If multi-trip coverage causes issues, then I will go with what everyone has done so far. Thanks.
I bought a single trip coverage. Multi-trip coverage is not required.
It's very important to know that if you bought a multi-trip coverage and your parents stayed in Canada for 5 months only for example, you will not be able to refund the 7 remaining months !!!
So take care...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
goal80 said:
I bought a single trip coverage. Multi-trip coverage is not required.
It's very important to know that if you bought a multi-trip coverage and your parents stayed in Canada for 5 months only for example, you will not be able to refund the 7 remaining months !!!
So take care...
I'm not interested in multi-trip coverage for refund. It's that my mom (if she gets visa) has a good chance of traveling to Canada twice a year (at least this year), hence was asking. I heard that GMS allows it by default. I'm not sure. But if it makes an issue to the VO, I will never do it.

jcmal

Jul 30, 2010
My mom just heard back from the visa office and the officer has asked for Clarification of travel date (because it does not match with the insurance coverage). In her invitation letter, I wrote 2 years from March 2012 to March 2014. The insurance coverage starts from March 30, 2012 for 365days. I bought it from safevisit.ca and the maximum that I can buy is 1 year and renew for another year before it expires. Do you guys think this is going to pose any problem? I'm going to write a letter to clarify this.

gpz100

Jan 31, 2012
Hi I am new to this forum and planning to apply for super visa for my mother in law very soon may be first week of feb, was going through different resources regarding this especially this forum, Thanks to many memebers especially TRUANGAN (you are awesome) I got most of the info from your post ? Howz it going for you ? heard anything after medicals ?? hw about others ? anyone got the visa yet; ok my plan for the entire process is this, tell me if you have any better options.

Step 1: Gather all dox for my MIL, especially house ownership dox back in India
Step 2: Prepare application here in canada, Same time get the insurance (single entry for one year $10000, GMS.ca looks good for me - its about $1500 - $1700 for zero deductables)
Step 3: I am gonna send my MIL for upfront medicals, it looks like this way the application is faster.
Step 4: Send all the documents (Invitation letter from my wife which shows purpose of visit also shows that we will send her back to India with in a year as she has two other children to take care, IMM applications, mine & wife's pay stubs & proof of her employement along with marriage cert, insurance documents )that I have here to my MIL in India.
Step 5: Prepare Demand Draft for $150 & second DD for Rs. 56 in India
Step 6: Combine all the docs from me with Passport, DD, Medicals, insurance papers, 2 photos
Step 7: Courier the application to New Delhi Office, Inida & give everything in God's hands !!!

any better thoughts ???

Thanks in Advance !!!