N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
goal80 said:
I submitted my NOA of 2010, employment letter, pay slips.
Make sure that you indicate clearly in the invitation letter the number of persons of your household (wife, children,...).
In order to to get the maximum possible visa validity, renew the passport before applying.
Unfortunately, I applied for my parents without renewing the passports, it remains only 2 years and half in their passports. We are still waiting for the VO decision.
I'm not sure 100% if the super visa validity depends on the passport validity.
Thanks for the info.

Can you really renew your passport when there is still 2 and half year remaining to expiry? I don't think that's even possible in our country.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
goal80 said:
I submitted my NOA of 2010, employment letter, pay slips.
Make sure that you indicate clearly in the invitation letter the number of persons of your household (wife, children,...).
In order to to get the maximum possible visa validity, renew the passport before applying.
Unfortunately, I applied for my parents without renewing the passports, it remains only 2 years and half in their passports. We are still waiting for the VO decision.
I'm not sure 100% if the super visa validity depends on the passport validity.
I don't think proof of LICO is that much important. As instructed you only have to produce one piece of proof, and the employment letter along with 2 last paystubs will suffice the requirement just fine. Remember on every pay stub there is always a YTD amount which can be used to determine how much you have made in that year.

The harder part is to prove your parents are genuine visitors and keep your application organized showing clear intention.

Vietnam is still celebrating New Year until next week so we won't be hearinga anything until end of this month I assume

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
FOR ALL:

I called the CIC call centre today to know more about the super visa validity.
The agent confirmed to me that the super visa validity cannot exceed the passport validity.

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
goal80 said:
FOR ALL:

I called the CIC call centre today to know more about the super visa validity.
The agent confirmed to me that the super visa validity cannot exceed the passport validity.
Thanks for letting us know!!!!!

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I saw in one of the other post that CalagryKD had Refugee status before getting the citizenship.

Could that be one of the reason that his mom's visa was rejected?

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
ipskang said:
I saw in one of the other post that CalagryKD had Refugee status before getting the citizenship.

Could that be one of the reason that his mom's visa was rejected?
If one had refugee status before citizenship, I would say that the chances are very high to refuse his parents TRV (either super visa or regular).
They will think that he will prepare a refugee claim for his parents like the one he did before for himself

C

CalgaryKD

Hi Guys,

Here is an update,

I flew back home and went to the embassy and I talked to the receptionist there. I said my mother's application was refused they asked me how I went to Canada. I said as a refugee. They said well this is exactly why your mother's application was refused. But my mother's situation is totally different then what I was going through. I said I am being treated unfairly and that Im being discriminated against based on my past, although I am a citizen now. I applied again and I wrote a letter to the VO explaining my mother's visit and why I want her to come as well as why i made a refugee claim and also how my case is not relevant to my mother. Within two days they sent back a letter requesting medicals. Yay!

If anyone's application is being refused I suggest you look into it. Go to the consulate if you can and explain it to them also don't forget to write a letter.

They are processing it right now and I am pretty sure she will get the visa after her medical checks!

Good news :)

Good luck to every body else.

C

CalgaryKD

also if you guys are wondering about insurance policies (Im sure most of you are already sick of insurance brokers in this forum) $100000 annual coverage uninterrupted is required. Meaning one single trip valid one year minimum $100000 coverage. No multi trip coverages are expected. I got a letter from the embassy asking me to change my policy. So I did. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
This is just great...all the best for your Mom CalgaryKD!!!! Pls do keep us posted......thanks!

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
CalgaryKD said:
also if you guys are wondering about insurance policies (Im sure most of you are already sick of insurance brokers in this forum) $100000 annual coverage uninterrupted is required. Meaning one single trip valid one year minimum $100000 coverage. No multi trip coverages are expected. I got a letter from the embassy asking me to change my policy. So I did. I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Congratulations! You give us strong spirit on this journey. Hopefully my mother will hear back from them next week.

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
This is indeed a great news. I wish you all the best

How many months have you guys written for your parents to stay in canada

CalgaryKD said:
Hi Guys,

Here is an update,

I flew back home and went to the embassy and I talked to the receptionist there. I said my mother's application was refused they asked me how I went to Canada. I said as a refugee. They said well this is exactly why your mother's application was refused. But my mother's situation is totally different then what I was going through. I said I am being treated unfairly and that Im being discriminated against based on my past, although I am a citizen now. I applied again and I wrote a letter to the VO explaining my mother's visit and why I want her to come as well as why i made a refugee claim and also how my case is not relevant to my mother. Within two days they sent back a letter requesting medicals. Yay!

If anyone's application is being refused I suggest you look into it. Go to the consulate if you can and explain it to them also don't forget to write a letter.

They are processing it right now and I am pretty sure she will get the visa after her medical checks!

Good news :)

Good luck to every body else.

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
ipskang said:
This is indeed a great news. I wish you all the best

How many months have you guys written for your parents to stay in canada
I wrote for them 5 months and half
But I asked for super visa by checking in the application: (Purpose of visit: other . Then wrote super visa)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
CalgaryKD said:

Cheers,
This is indeed a good news. You did a good job CalgaryKD and showed us a path in case of rejection.

But as you said that no multi trip is expected from embassy. I was planning to get an insurance which is valid for multi trip during a year. Could you explain a bit more if you have time? Thanks.