10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010 (Sent to Ottawa Per Medical Personel)
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent: 04-04-2011 /PP & VISA RECEIVED: 29-04-2011
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
As we now all know the super visa is just a glorified tourist visa. Will it be possible for parents or grandparents to work casual or part time in Canada during their stay? Or must they apply for a working visa within Canada? & is that even possible?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
CalgaryKD said:
Hey guys,

Government only gives the visa up to the expiry date of the passport. If your passport has 2 years until it expiries, you will only get 2 years of multiple entry visa (So called super visa). on CIC's website they ask you to renew your passport before you apply for the visa. So you only get 10 years if your passport i valid for 10 years.

Cheers,
I think that's only pertaining to Canadian Visa. But Super Visa can be exempt from this (I don't know). For example, US B1/B2 Visa is normally granted for 2/5/10 years based on the nationality despite passport expiration. Once someone gets the Super Visa from this forum, we'll know further.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
It states in the Super Visa App Checklist (IMM5484) that:

One of the following docs is required to prove that your child/grandchild meets the LICO minimum:
  • Most recent copy of the NOA/ Option C printout
  • Most recent copy of the T4/ T1
  • Original letter from employer stating title, job description & salary
  • EI pay stubs
  • If self-employed, a letter from an accountant confirming annual income
  • Proof of other sources of income

Now, my question is if I should submit all of them or as many as I can manage. For example, I cannot have most recent (2011) NOA by the time I apply (I apologize for bringing it again). Instead, I can submit 2011-T4 and other supporting docs as mentioned in the checklist. Or, should I wait for my 2011-NOA?
I don't want to submit my 2010-NOA as I worked half of the year and hence it doesn't show my whole annual income.

pulsarsidhu

Nov 24, 2011
Rosie,

I guess all they need to know that your financial circumstances in coming future, (the time parents will be here). So T4 is only valid if documents support that the income will be continued (through employer letters). In your case, I think its better to have your t4 as this will show your whole year salary/income. If you supply them, your pay-stubs, they may think, that you do not have any job in current year (unless you have one and you supply current pay-stub.) I hope this helps !!:)

vivacanada

Jan 23, 2012
Rossei said:
I think that's only pertaining to Canadian Visa. But Super Visa can be exempt from this (I don't know). For example, US B1/B2 Visa is normally granted for 2/5/10 years based on the nationality despite passport expiration. Once someone gets the Super Visa from this forum, we'll know further.
Rossei, there is no exception for Super Visa. It's their general policy not to issue a visa beyond passport's validity. US B visa is a totally different story. It's like US PR can enter Canada without Canadian visitor visa, but it does not work the other way around. Although I feel this is not fair for some countries only issue passport of 5yr length like Canada herself, making exception for Super Visa would mean immigration has to change around their rules for passenger clearance at border, which is highly unlikely to happen in the future.

EDIT:
I am pretty sure I have seen this policy in CIC's published operation manual. But I don't have time to find it right now. Below is cited from Canadian embassy in Beijing, China. The rule, however, is universally applied for all Canadian visa offices throughout the world.
"We cannot issue visitor visas with a validity that exceeds the passport validity."
(I can't post the link due to forum restriction.)

vivacanada

Jan 23, 2012
I'd also like to share my mother's Super Visa timeline, applied at Buffalo, US. If anyone has submitted Super Visa application to Buffalo, please share your timeline.

Dec 7, 11 app package delivered to Buffalo
Dec 19, 11 bank draft cashed
Jan 4, 12 MER received
Jan 5, 12 ME done
........now waiting.........

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
vivacanada said:
I am pretty sure I have seen this policy in CIC's published operation manual. But I don't have time to find it right now. Below is cited from Canadian embassy in Beijing, China. The rule, however, is universally applied for all Canadian visa offices throughout the world.
"We cannot issue visitor visas with a validity that exceeds the passport validity."
(I can't post the link due to forum restriction.)
If this is the case, it will be very very dissapointing.
Most of us applied for this visa to have 10 years of peace of mind away from the embassies !
Anyway we will see...

However, I read an interesting info on the CIC website concerning the arrival of people having a super visa:
-------
Visiting Canada: Arriving
When you arrive in Canada, you will be greeted by an officer of the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). The CBSA is responsible for protecting the borders and points of entry to Canada. Find out more information about the CBSA.

The officer will ask to see your passport or travel documents. If you are seeking a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, you will have additional documents to present to the officer. Make sure that you have them with you, and that they are not packed in your luggage. This will speed up your entry to Canada.

-------------
That's why I thought that the super visa is not a sticker but it's a separate document like the UAE visa. In that case I hope it will be independent of the passport validity

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mutt391 said:
As we now all know the super visa is just a glorified tourist visa. Will it be possible for parents or grandparents to work casual or part time in Canada during their stay? Or must they apply for a working visa within Canada? & is that even possible?
No - the super visa does not allow parents to work. As you've said, it's the equivalent of a visitor visa and it is illegal for visitors to work.

They would need to change their status from super visa to work visa in order to be able to work. Before they can apply for a work visa, they will need to find an employer and that employer will have to apply for a Labour Market Opinion. Once the Labour Market Opinion has been approved, they will be able to apply for a work visa.

Hope this helps.

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I was going to apply for my mother's super visa but will wait for 2011 T4 Slips as I had just worked only 1 month in 2010. I will be getting T4 Slip in Feb and I will be attaching letter of employement & T4 slips from me & my wife.

Rossei said:
It states in the Super Visa App Checklist (IMM5484) that:

One of the following docs is required to prove that your child/grandchild meets the LICO minimum:
  • Most recent copy of the NOA/ Option C printout
  • Most recent copy of the T4/ T1
  • Original letter from employer stating title, job description & salary
  • EI pay stubs
  • If self-employed, a letter from an accountant confirming annual income
  • Proof of other sources of income

Now, my question is if I should submit all of them or as many as I can manage. For example, I cannot have most recent (2011) NOA by the time I apply (I apologize for bringing it again). Instead, I can submit 2011-T4 and other supporting docs as mentioned in the checklist. Or, should I wait for my 2011-NOA?
I don't want to submit my 2010-NOA as I worked half of the year and hence it doesn't show my whole annual income.

imran007

Star Member
Apr 9, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4121(University Professor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-11-09
Doc's Request.
18-12-09
Nomination.....
17-04-10
AOR Received.
23-04-10
For an update

I got my parents passport back with the request for further medical examination of my mother for TB(we have submitted the medicals before)
Though she never suffered with this ..

So just worried ... Lets see ...

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Now this will delay the process. One of my friend's husband had TB examination request after medical and they told him to have mediciations for few months. Then he contacted consulate after 6 moinths and its still in process.

All the best

imran007 said:
For an update

I got my parents passport back with the request for further medical examination of my mother for TB(we have submitted the medicals before)
Though she never suffered with this ..

So just worried ... Lets see ...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ipskang said:
I was going to apply for my mother's super visa but will wait for 2011 T4 Slips as I had just worked only 1 month in 2010. I will be getting T4 Slip in Feb and I will be attaching letter of employement & T4 slips from me & my wife.
I've same situation like yours. I'll receive my T4 at the end of Feb and I've already purchased ait-tickets to go to my home country in mid-March. So, even if I'm able to file my tax return in March, it will take couple of weeks to process NOA. My mom doesn't want to deal with Visa anymore for previous rejections and my plan is to apply while I visit there.

If the VO asks for NOA later as an additional doc (if he/she doesn't get satisfied seeing my T4, Employment letter, Offer Letter, Pay Slips), I will not be able to provide as I won't be in Canada for a month. That will incur another rejection.

I'm confused whether to wait for NOA or go ahead with available docs. :-\

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
pulsarsidhu said:
Rosie,

I guess all they need to know that your financial circumstances in coming future, (the time parents will be here). So T4 is only valid if documents support that the income will be continued (through employer letters). In your case, I think its better to have your t4 as this will show your whole year salary/income. If you supply them, your pay-stubs, they may think, that you do not have any job in current year (unless you have one and you supply current pay-stub.) I hope this helps !!:)
Thanks for your thoughts. I appreciate it.

But I wasn't confused re: T4, Employment Letter and Pay Stubs rather in between NOA and the rest. Here is the list what I can provide if I apply for my mom in March:
  • T4 (2011)
  • Employment verification letter (current)
  • Job offer letter (when I received it in 2009)
  • Pay slips (any date from June, 2010 to present/current

What I cannot provide is the NOA for 2011 (if I apply in March). If I wait till May or something, then I can submit 2011 NOA. I have to be absolutely sure if a VO will end up asking for 2011 NOA even after seeing all the docs I mentioned above; otherwise it will be wise to wait for my 2011 NOA to arrive in summer and then apply.

Since most of you have already applied; I was assuming that you did not supply with 2011 NOA. So, did you guys submit 2010 NOA or did not care about it at all?

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Rossei said:
Since most of you have already applied; I was assuming that you did not supply with 2011 NOA. So, did you guys submit 2010 NOA or did not care about it at all?
I submitted my NOA of 2010, employment letter, pay slips.
Make sure that you indicate clearly in the invitation letter the number of persons of your household (wife, children,...).
In order to to get the maximum possible visa validity, renew the passport before applying.
Unfortunately, I applied for my parents without renewing the passports, it remains only 2 years and half in their passports. We are still waiting for the VO decision.
I'm not sure 100% if the super visa validity depends on the passport validity.