01-12-2017
minal said:
Hi
For Super visa do parents have to show their money/property etc. can u pls help
thanks
Yes, they have to show ties to home country, with assets money etc

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
How high are the chances for my mom to get her Temporary Travel Visa or Super Visa if she do not have house or car in her country? My brother and his family live in Canada for a few years, my brother is PR, while his wife is Canadian Citizen. And I already apply for PR Visa and still in process. Plan on bring my mom together to Canada after my visa get approved. Any idea? Anyone apply from Singapore Visa Office?

Did you guys fill in the "Use of Representative" form for your parents? She can't speak English. Will they call my mom when the application is in processing?

Anyone apply TRV from Singapore? Is it must submit proof of inviter's income? Is it other Visa Office in other country also require to submit this?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/ifyouarevisitingfriendo.jpg

Thanks for sharing your visa application experience with us.

Dec 12, 2012
My mother apply for super visa in month of May 2012 her passport was
return in August she done her medical in first of week of September due to
our negligence we forget to resubmit her passport on time now the passport resubmission time is over after medical as per mention in letter .

> further what should we do if we forget to resubmit our passport on time ?

> Can I resubmit her passport ?

I continuous sending emails ands fax to CHC still no response anyone help

amitandaarav

Dec 15, 2012
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum. First of all, i would like to appreciate everyone for being so informative. Thank you for sharing your views and success stories. I am planning to bring my parents from Nepal in early 2013. I am planning for supervisa as well. I have a very simple question. Do i need to present my bank statement along with the application or do my parents need to show their bank statement? Is it enough for me to apply with my T4, NOA, recent pay stubs, letter of employment etc (and same for my spouse)? I would dearly appreciate if anyone can clarify my concern.

bluedhaka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 13, 2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
05/05/11 and In Process from 21/11/12
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
June 10, 2011
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Done
LANDED..........
Done
Guys

My sis lives in canada. they are 4 members family including 2 sons. how much income she has to show to apply for supervisa for my parents? please help.

Thanks

white_rose

Dec 19, 2012
Hi,

I am planning to apply for super visa to my parents (who were refused in normal visit visa). My situation is I am on maternity Leave, and here I have some questions:
1- Is it possible that I apply and pay for them online? or they have to apply by themselves by going to the visa office?
2- As I am on maternity leave, is it better that the invitation would be sent from my husband who is currently working? ot it should be a letter only from child/grand child?
3-Do you think that it is better to apply to the father and the mother at the same time, or apply one by one?
4- I heard that they give the visa up to 10 years (as per the expiry date of the passport), but when the passport is expired then just need to add the visa on the renewed passport without the need to apply for the visa again (extend the visa up to 10 years without applying again).Is this true? I couldn't find information related to this in the website.
5- One of my parents has diabetes, high blood pressure,etc.. does that affect of the medical test to get refused, hence refusing the visa?

Thanks in advance..

Colnago

Apr 17, 2010
Hi,

I would like to post my timeline.

Application Date: 13 Nov 2012
Medical Request: 17 Nov 2012
Medicals Done: 22 Nov 2012

I am still waiting for the news. Anyone has similar timeline? is it normal?

rana.ahmed710

Apr 18, 2012
Hi,
I have a somehow similar situation as Mrs. White_Rose. I will start my maternity leave by the end of June 2013, which is around the time my parents should come to attend the delivery. I am wondering how my maternity leave status would affect the application
Also, I am a business partner with my husband, is it OK if our incomes added together meet their LICO and we both become co-sponsors for my parents, or does it have to be only me as a sponsor, or does it depend on the visa office?
Lastly, I initially understood that SuperVisa is a 10 year visa, however other posts above me mentioned that they have to renew it every two years. My parents now have temporary visa till 2014 (or 2015?) so I am wondering if it is worth it to apply for Supervisa now if I am going to re apply again in two years anyways (or even apply for sponsorship by then when its back).

Your responses are appreciated, I apologize if the questions are redundant but I couldnt screen 44 pages of conversation (BTW they will apply from Abu Dhabi)

Thank you
Rana

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rana.ahmed710 said:
Hi,
I have a somehow similar situation as Mrs. White_Rose. I will start my maternity leave by the end of June 2013, which is around the time my parents should come to attend the delivery. I am wondering how my maternity leave status would affect the application
Also, I am a business partner with my husband, is it OK if our incomes added together meet their LICO and we both become co-sponsors for my parents, or does it have to be only me as a sponsor, or does it depend on the visa office?
Lastly, I initially understood that SuperVisa is a 10 year visa, however other posts above me mentioned that they have to renew it every two years. My parents now have temporary visa till 2014 (or 2015?) so I am wondering if it is worth it to apply for Supervisa now if I am going to re apply again in two years anyways (or even apply for sponsorship by then when its back).

Your responses are appreciated, I apologize if the questions are redundant but I couldnt screen 44 pages of conversation (BTW they will apply from Abu Dhabi)

Thank you
Rana
1. Maternity leave will have no effect on the application.
2. To meet the LICO you use both your incomes.
3. They will get a 10 year TRV (depending on when their passport expires) they can be admitted to Canada as a visitor for up to 2 years based on the TRV. You don't have to reapply for a new TRV every 2 years,

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
I'd like to ask you guys some question. I'm helping my mum apply TRV. In Family information need to fill in her parents name.

The problem is my mom's surname & her dad's surname spelling is different, one alphabet different, for example, "e" become "o", the rest is the same. In my mom's birth cert. did stated that he is my mother's father.

I think this is the officer mistake when prepare my mom's birth cert. Will this be a problem for my mum? All other siblings' surname is correct, except my mum.

Did you guys fill in the REPRESENTATIVE form for your parents if he/ she don't understand English?

If use REPRESENTATIVE, in the form need my father's signature. What can my mum do if my father refuse to sign it? Can I help my mum apply TRV without submit the REPRESENTATIVE form?

Will the Visa Officer interview my mum?

Will filing for divorce effect my mum's application?

Thanks for help me solve this question.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kidrobot said:
I'd like to ask you guys some question. I'm helping my mum apply TRV. In Family information need to fill in her parents name.

The problem is my mom's surname & her dad's surname spelling is different, one alphabet different, for example, "e" become "o", the rest is the same. In my mom's birth cert. did stated that he is my mother's father.

I think this is the officer mistake when prepare my mom's birth cert. Will this be a problem for my mum? All other siblings' surname is correct, except my mum.

Did you guys fill in the REPRESENTATIVE form for your parents if he/ she don't understand English?

If use REPRESENTATIVE, in the form need my father's signature. What can my mum do if my father refuse to sign it? Can I help my mum apply TRV without submit the REPRESENTATIVE form?

Will the Visa Officer interview my mum?

Will filing for divorce effect my mum's application?

Thanks for help me solve this question.
Last name should be fine as long as you provide an explanation. They wont (shouldn't) ask for your mom's birth certificate. Normally the parent's names are on the passport.

My mom's name was spelled incorrectly on my passport as compared to hers because of a mistake in translating my birth certificate. I have provided this explanation when they applied for the super visa.

as for the representative, you can make yourself the representative. all it means is that you can contact CIC on your mother's behalf to check on status etc.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question guys:

What is the avg processing time for Supervisa? I was checking a link online and it said it is 44 months for Pakistan and 31 months for India. Is this true? I am assuming this is a mistake but wanted to confirm.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueboy said:
Quick question guys:

What is the avg processing time for Supervisa? I was checking a link online and it said it is 44 months for Pakistan and 31 months for India. Is this true? I am assuming this is a mistake but wanted to confirm.
That's for PR as in family class.

For supervisa, CIC says within 8 weeks. however, the New Delhi CIC page says it completes visitor visa applications (which is what a supervisa is technically) within 10 working days. If you dont do an upfront medical, it can take longer.

My folks applied in november, did their medical in first week of december and have not heard anything since. I think its been longer than 8 weeks.

But then again, whatchu gonna do?

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
just_do_it said:
Last name should be fine as long as you provide an explanation. They wont (shouldn't) ask for your mom's birth certificate. Normally the parent's names are on the passport.

My mom's name was spelled incorrectly on my passport as compared to hers because of a mistake in translating my birth certificate. I have provided this explanation when they applied for the super visa.

as for the representative, you can make yourself the representative. all it means is that you can contact CIC on your mother's behalf to check on status etc.

Thank you so much just do it. My mum's application will be submit to Singapore visa office. They need applicant provide birth cert and marriage cert. (my mum's last name is in wrong spelling, my grandpa's last name is correct) Both of these cert. have my grandpa name I hope these two cert can convinced them. In this case should I also prepare a letter to explain to the visa officer?