+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suing CIC after refusal

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Hello chibiks

I saw your previous posts from January 2011. I was wondering for how long did you get your Post graduate work permit since you graduated in 16 months. I have a similar case. Maximum length of my program was 2 years but i will be completing it in 16 months. I was wondering for how long did you get your work permit and what is the criteria to evaluate it? Did you get a letter from school stating that ??

Please comments from everybody would be appreciated.
Thanks

Cam j

Jan 7, 2013
Actually he does pay, education in Canada is not free. Students normally pay for education and for study permit...

americanadian said:
"The problem is we pay rents we are not entering in their house as freeloaders."

No, when you apply for a student visa to Canada, you are a freeloader. As an outsider, what taxes do you pay to Canada (the equivalent of paying rent to a landlord)? They don't have to accept you, it's their country. It's not discrimination it's just their choice.

Cam j

Jan 7, 2013
Hey I had applied for study permit from US, and was denied, can you please tell me how can I appeal?

_696_ said:
And one can choose not to study in Canada, which is what I'd personally do, anyways and to OP, if you're applying outland, you have right to appeal so there's no real need to sue anybody [=

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Cam j said:
Hey I had applied for study permit from US, and was denied, how can you please tell me how can I appeal?
There's no appeal process.

If you want to sue, you'll have to apply to the Federal Court for a judicial review. You'll need to hire a lawyer in Canada to represent you in court. Expect this to cost you somewhere around $5K.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Oh no!!! International students pay big time in Canada for sure. Only students from a small list of schools are allowed to work while studying - the majority are not allowed. They pay almost double in some cases, not allowed to work, and have to pay rent and their own medical too. Each and every visit to the clinic costs between $50-$100 minimum for a simple illness consultation, which is daylight robbery.

There were times when I fell sick last time and would never go to see the doctor because it was ridiculously expensive.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shells said:
Oh no!!! International students pay big time in Canada for sure. Only students from a small list of schools are allowed to work while studying - the majority are not allowed. They pay almost double in some cases, not allowed to work, and have to pay rent and their own medical too. Each and every visit to the clinic costs between $50-$100 minimum for a simple illness consultation, which is daylight robbery.

There were times when I fell sick last time and would never go to see the doctor because it was ridiculously expensive.
All that means is you get nothing for free when you are in Canada as a student/ visitor. I dont see whats wrong with that as it is made clear during the application process and the applicant has to prove they have enough $$ to support themselves financially. They take into consideration all expenses before issuing a permit. So i dont see how these can be considered as "hidden charges".

Besides, its the applicant's responsibility to research all these and decide on whether it is financially suitable for them to study in Canada or not rather than just getting up and deciding they want to go study in Canada because of whatever reason.

Regarding the medical facilities, only residents get those benefits as they are very expensive and it makes sense to only offer to those who will be/ are living here for the long haul and paying into the system. If they offer these benefits to short term visitors, the whole health system will collapse (its already bursting at the edges as baby boomers are starting to retire and the working tax payer base is diminishing). Besides, students are eligible to apply for provincial medical plans after 3 months and they pay the same as residents do and get the same benefits. So not sure what you are complaining about there.