+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Successful PR applying OUTLAND while being in canada as TOURIST all time.

ai_hopeful

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
04-03-2016 SA 09-03-2016 AOR2 17-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
amhel26 said:
I got my PR this week yaaaaa! I had to wait 16 months for it and i would have never done it without the help of this forum. thank you so much to everyone that shares their knowledge here.

It took me a lot of time to figure out how to stay in canada as tourist (i extended my stay 3 times successfully) and apply OUTLAND for PR at the same time.
Both applications contradict each other a little and seem very confusing. However by being honest you can always apply to extend tourist visa even mentioning that you want to stay to be in a common law relationship with your partner so you can apply for PR.

The tricky part is having to mention on all tourist extensions that you have no intentions to stay in canada LONGER than they allow you too. While on PR application you are mentioning that you are in common law, is a real relationship and that you want to be together in Canada.

I applied on the common-law category, outland through Mexico since the waiting time was less than inland and for me it worked out great, if you dont need a work visa while on canada it is definitely the best option.

If anyone is on the same situation or confused about being able to apply outland and being in canada at the same time, please let me know if i can help.
I would have loved to find someone on same situation as me and this is a way to pay back for all the help i had in this forum.

Best luck to everyone :)

Hi there. Congrats! I'm planning to apply for an extension - my stamp expires in May.

I'd like some tips about two things
1) financial support - what should I include?
2) do i need to write a separate cover letter to explain why I wanna stay ?

Thank you.

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Hi a
I sent bank statement from my country showing a saving account and explaining that's how I was going to pay for my trip.
My partner also wrote a letter saying that I will stay with him as his guest and I didn't had to pay any acommodation fees.
I did a cover letter just explaining why I wanted to stay and that all my family and job were back in mexico.
Hope that helps

ai_hopeful

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
04-03-2016 SA 09-03-2016 AOR2 17-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
finally applied for my TRV extension. I hope my application is complete. :) Does anyone know when they let you know that your application is complete and will be process?

I read that if my application is not complete I don't get implied status. :(