+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Successful Moscow timeline...

marpleleafs

Jan 15, 2009
Rachel emails and chat history are not important for every country. Today i read some of the Information guides specific to geographic regions and what i notice is that they are very diferent. Its all depents from what region you are. I am from west Europe and in my guide is not saying that i shoud send chat or email history. So you shoud send what your region guide saying :)

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
look this whole process is very simple;

you have 3 type of ppl sponsoring their husbands

1) who actually lived in a same country 2gether and met thru a common friend or from work and they fell inlove n go married,they didnt just apply for immigration the 2nd day, they wait for a few months to gather things and make everything ready and then apply for immigration, this for one shows the IO that they didnt just gett married and apply for immigration the next day.

2)those who get into arranged marriage.

and

3) those who met online spoke on the the internet for a certain amount of time and then the sponsor travels to the sponsored person country and gets married, and then back to canada.

usually ppl from the 1st type are not required to send hundreds of photos and chat logs and whatever, as for the 2nd type use they have to because they have met online and all their relation developed via internet so the IO needs proof of that.

i know ALOT of ppl who got thru this with NO photos, and i know ALOT other who supplied several Kgs of evidence, around a thousand photos and hundreds of chat logs and such and they got refused, there is no general rule, each single case is different the only rule here is be honest and simple and ull get thru.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Hi Richmond
I'm really sorry but I don't have enough experience to be able to advise you properly. Maybe someone like Leon or PMM can help you better. Normally outland is better because it is much faster but your case is very complicated because of your refugee claim. I think that they will scrutinize your case closely regardless of whether you do inland or outland because of your refugee claim. And as someone in your other post pointed out, if you can go back to your home country so easily, CIC will likely wonder why you made the refugee claim in the first place. To make the refugee claim, there should be some threat to your life or risk of punishment etc. if you return to your country so I don't understand how you can return home easily. So if that's not the case and if you're found to have made a false refugee claim then that will certainly impact your sponsorship application. If I were you, I would contact a lawyer before making any decisions. Wish you all the best of luck!
[/quote]

hi arriel,

i know. i'm just trying to learn from experience of others. the immigration told me that if i wanna drop my refugee claim then i can go home and have my passport back. though my reason for claiming refugee is personal then now it's a little better and calm now. my mom is already here and my sister will be leaving my home country as well. that could prove them that it's real. my uncle happened to have the same situation before. his application was inland and it took years. he then left canada and did the application outland and it took him less than 6 months. that confuse me what to do. i also need to go home to take the exam so i can be registered nurse here in vancouver. that's just 0ne day. i'm really confused. thanks for your help.

willy111

Jan 10, 2009
hope you can help did you go through name change on spouses passport before applying and do you think it would be okay not to change name before applying thanks for all your help

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
We did go through the name change before applying. It added some time to collecting the documents but only about a month and a half. And we did it for our own reasons...to have the same name everywhere.

marpleleafs

Jan 15, 2009
I change my lastname and i took new documents before applying. I did this for me because i want to have same name like my housband. But i think that is fine if you applying without changing name

sul

Jan 29, 2009
Frolic,
Your timeline is pretty much the same as me....only difference is that I'm still waiting for the passport!

MArried May4
Sent in application Sep 9th
Approved in Canada Oct 23
Nov 6th started processing in New Delhi
Dec 4 sent in passport as per request
AND....
STill waiting... no reply to emails!

However, I did email them and ask if they recieved the passport or not...
They replied YES ..... but "pending final review"

Does anyone have any idea what this means?? Its been 2 months ..... what could be the reason for pending a final review?

Kggirl

Jun 2, 2008
Hi Frolic,

Where is ur wife from?(It may sound strange but if she is from former Soviet Union, I need some advice from you)

All the best.

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Kggirl: She is from Russia.

Sul: Not sure about the delay. Of course every application is different so who can guess with that.

Kggirl

Jun 2, 2008
Hi Again and thank you for ur reply.
I heard that they ask a work book from ex Soviet countries( Russia was one of them), did they ask from her?

Thank you again.

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Yes if you look at the forms you can see everything they ask for. I really recommend reading them all even before you start. There are three parts, the sponsors part, the permanent residence part, and the region part.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

In the region part that includes FSU they say...

OTHER DOCUMENTS - ONLY IF YOU ARE APPLYING IN MOSCOW OR IF YOU ARE A
RESIDENT OF A FORMER USSR STATE
Labour record
You must submit a copy of your workbook and that of your spouse or common-law partner (if they
are not the sponsor) and your children 18 years of age or older. The photocopy and translation into
English or French must be notarized. Reference letter(s) from your employer(s) not included in
your workbook are also required.

willy111

Jan 10, 2009
Hello hope you can help me and my wife are wondering if she needs to have both of her passports translated and does she need to have all pages done? thanks for your repleys .just got back from Cyprus where we got married last week hope to have all paper work done in the next 3 or 4 weeks

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
The international passport would have everything translated anyway wouldn't it?

Congrats on the wedding.