+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Successful Moscow timeline...

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Married May 17, 2008.
Papers finally prepared and sent in Sept 16th.
Sponsorship approved Oct 9th.
Visa granted and passport asked for Jan 30, 2009.

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
I think it was two things, complete paperwork and good proof of the relationship. She was not even asked to go to Moscow for an interview.

Obviously there are many things that can slow things down, but if your just a regular person in love with no criminal, medical or other strange issues than you only have 2 things to worry about. Making sure you get everything in the application, and the proof.

Read all the guides, all the forms, and even see how much you can fill out right away. Make sure you understand what they are going to ask you and what they will consider. If you don't realize that they can suspect your marriage is only for immigration and rush things or skip things to make things faster, it will look more and more like that is true.

For instance...once we were engaged and planning a wedding, we also started to look at what the paperwork for immigration was going to ask us about. So we knew they asked about meeting each others families, about the reception and who was there, about the honeymoon, wanted photos for proof, etc etc.

So when I met her sister and her boyfriend, we had pictures. Met her parents, pictures. Met her son, lots of pictures of us doing things together. Nothing was staged of course, we were doing these things anyway, we just made the camera and photos PART of everything we did together. Every visit we had we made sure we had pictures of us together. If you are looking at a famous landmark, get a picture of yourself in front of it. This gives you lots of photographic proof to choose from to send. More proof is good. Spend $200 on a camera now...or spend $$$ on a lawyer later.

During the planning of the wedding because of distance and costs no one from my side of the ocean would be able to go. Also because a wedding and reception is expensive AND I had to fly over for it too, we were considering skipping the honeymoon. I know many of us have thought of that or even did that. My wife was worried that they specifically mentioned honeymoon in the forms. Worried that they were looking for that. I thought about that a lot and came to this conclusion...I would rather spend money and a few weeks time NOW, on a honeymoon, than to have our marriage look less legitimate in the eyes of the CIC. So we delayed the wedding to save more, and we had a wonderful honeymoon. Honeymoon = more proof.

And remember...if you visit...KEEP everything. Passport stamps and airline boarding passes are physical proof you have been in the same place.

And then sending it all in. I didn't send it ALL. We had a lot. Months and months of chat logs. 400+ different email threads. 100's of photos. Phone bills. I sent them a month of chat logs...and explained I had 10 months more. I sent them the titles of the 400+ email threads and explained that I would print off the actual emails if they wanted but it would be several hundred pages. I sent them 50 photos of us together on different visits or with family and labeled them all and explained I had another couple hundred if they needed. They got to see a lot of proof...and if they read the notes, they knew there was an even larger stack of proof sitting here waiting.

And finally, do some preparation to be together. Maybe you need to add your spouse to your dental insurance plan? Make them a benificiary for your life insurance. You should get a letter from your company plan showing that...send that in too. Perhaps even a will with them on it. More proof!

I understand many people are already applied and just waiting, but maybe some people are engaged and here looking for ideas and I hope this info can help them. My philosophy through all of this was...I would rather spend money and time on things for us together now, than spend it on an appeal and lawyers later. Think about it...take 2 extra weeks together and spend some money on a honeymoon OR skip that, be found by CIC to be not a real marriage, and have to spend many more months and much more money on lawyers. Do everything you can to avoid the proof issue and hopefully it can go as fast for you.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marpleleafs,
I hate to say it but I think that you made a big mistake by just sending in some phone bills when you have all that additional proof of daily contact! "Less proof is better"??! Sorry, that just doesn't make any sense at all. It's up to each us that apply to sponsor our spouses to provide immigration with as much proof as possible so that they have no doubt about the genuineness of the relationship. By giving them less, you may have given them some doubt which will mean delay in your application as they gather more information, or worst case scenario, that they will reject your application. I am not sure if you can send in your chat and email history after the fact. Others here will know. But if I were you, I would call the 1-800 number for Canada Immigration and find out ASAP if you can add that information to your application now.

I personally sent in all our emails for over one year (complete emails, not just the titles). We wrote almost daily, so yes, there were a TON of emails. I sent in emails to friends from when my husband and I had just met and I told my friends about this lovely man that I had just met. I also sent all our phone records, yahoo messenger chat history, skype call history, photocopies of cards and letters, about 50-60 photos, a copy of our wedding invitation and a DVD of our wedding and reception (though this was returned to me with the letter approving me as my husband's sponsor so I'm not sure they even watched it), copies of my boarding passes, passport stamps, and hotel receipts.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Hi Arriel,

i need help. i'm being sponsored and i'm a refugee claimant. i know this is hard for me but my concern is should i just drop the inline application and go home and do outland application. what do you think? the reason for that is i know they won't scrutinize it that much compared to being here in canada. one more thing is i wanna finish an exam that will allow me registration for nursing in BC. my wife started as a nurse a couple of day ago and she gets paid really good. 30 an hour. i know i can do that too so i just need to go home and do my exam and wait probably for my sponsorship. what you think?

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Hi Marleleafs.

Really they do look at every application on its own merit.

My spouse things that less proоfs is better, so he didnt send our chat history or emails. We have just few telephone bills :( I am worry abouth that because i see that all applicants are sending chats, emails . .
We send 80 photos from the wedding, photos from the time that i spend in Canada, post cards, our joint account.. But i am really worried about chat history, we are online all day and we didnt use that proof just because my spouse thing that more proofs is worse than less :(
They might not need to see all your chats and emails. They might decide that what you have shown together is enough. But if things dont go well for you, you do have extra proof to show them. Remember that!

Just remember...if you meet one day, get married a week later, and then apply for immigration they will look at you more closely. If you attempt to have a real relationship and then get married and then apply it looks much better to them. And really...it may well BE better for you too.

You are not getting married to make CIC happy...you are trying to make a life together. If you make your own life happy...your paperwork will look better, remember that.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rich_m0nd said:
Hi Arriel,

i need help. i'm being sponsored and i'm a refugee claimant. i know this is hard for me but my concern is should i just drop the inline application and go home and do outland application. what do you think? the reason for that is i know they won't scrutinize it that much compared to being here in canada. one more thing is i wanna finish an exam that will allow me registration for nursing in BC. my wife started as a nurse a couple of day ago and she gets paid really good. 30 an hour. i know i can do that too so i just need to go home and do my exam and wait probably for my sponsorship. what you think?
Hi Richmond
I'm really sorry but I don't have enough experience to be able to advise you properly. Maybe someone like Leon or PMM can help you better. Normally outland is better because it is much faster but your case is very complicated because of your refugee claim. I think that they will scrutinize your case closely regardless of whether you do inland or outland because of your refugee claim. And as someone in your other post pointed out, if you can go back to your home country so easily, CIC will likely wonder why you made the refugee claim in the first place. To make the refugee claim, there should be some threat to your life or risk of punishment etc. if you return to your country so I don't understand how you can return home easily. So if that's not the case and if you're found to have made a false refugee claim then that will certainly impact your sponsorship application. If I were you, I would contact a lawyer before making any decisions. Wish you all the best of luck!

jairolevi

Jan 25, 2009
Hi every one,

I am sponsoring my wife, we have all the proofs, hundreds of pages of chat histories, 164 pages of skype histories, pictures together even before the date I came to canada, travels together, pictures of the marriage, joint bank accounts, and life insurrance stating her as a beneficiary.

I have no doubt about that, our relationship is genuine and I hope I have enough proof to demonstrate that to CIC.

The only think that worries me is that when she was only my girlfriend she asked for a visitors visa, obviusly she didnt say that she knew me, because the embassy would reject her visa inmidiately. Finally her visa was refused.

Now we are going to start the sponsorship and my fear is if they are gonna give us trouble because in her visitor aplication she didnt even mention me?

Do they keep records of all the forms from the refused visas?

Is this going to give us troubles?

Thanks in advance for your answer, I am desperate, I even cant sleep.

Jairo L

marpleleafs

Jan 15, 2009
jairolevi they keep all the records. My case is almost same like yours, i didnt mention that i know my housband but they give me turist visa.I dont think that they will make problem for this but who knows....

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
We went through the same thing actually...

My gf at the time applied for a temp visa to come visit and was denied.
Over a year later after we were married and our sponsorship was approved we applied for a temp visa again and she got it.
And not even a month after she returned home from that visit we got the news that the PR was granted.

So you see she was denied at first and we made it.

Rachel

Dec 18, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI(Dependent child )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-5-2010
AOR Received.
28-6-2010(Missisauga)
File Transfer...
22-6-2010
Med's Done....
30-3-2010
Passport Req..
30-7-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-8-2010 ( GOT IT ON 27-8-2010)
form all ur posts i find that chat histories n emails r necessary to prove a relationship...ive kept in touch wid my husband all these four years thro google talk(only voice chatting)..i wonder whether that proof is gud enough!!

jairolevi

Jan 25, 2009
Hi!

Thank you for your quick anwers frolic and marplelearfs that gives me a lot of peace. I was a little bit concerned about that but now I see it doesnt seem to be a big deal.

Thank you very much.

Jairo L

jairolevi

Jan 25, 2009
frolic said:
We went through the same thing actually...

My gf at the time applied for a temp visa to come visit and was denied.
Over a year later after we were married and our sponsorship was approved we applied for a temp visa again and she got it.
And not even a month after she returned home from that visit we got the news that the PR was granted.

So you see she was denied at first and we made it.
In the first application did she mention that she was going to see you?
because my wife (at that time she was my girlfriend) didn say my name, she just said she was
going to niagara falls. Thats why I am a little bit concerned.

Thanks in advance. Jairo

marpleleafs

Jan 15, 2009
No problem , we are on the same way :) I am worry for lot of things too but i pray and that increase my self-confidence